Guess the Map IX: The Richese are no match

Something to do with the name of the country?

Close.

Length of the country's name?

No, although there is definitely a relation between the two.

^Bulgaria? ;)

I hope this is not something that needs people to know of belgian dialects...

Yes, it's the amount of words we have to refer to the country in West-Flemish :lol: No, it's nothing obscure.

Chocolate!!!!

edit: so consumption per capita, or production per capita?

The characteristic is not countable per capita. (And not chocolate :))

Do they count backwards in the Netherlands?

Number of orc breeding pits? Black gates? Jewelry furnaces?

-I'm not really referring to the Netherlands here, more to the language. In French the scale and colours would be different too.

-None of them.

MAJOR hint: Democratic Republic of the Congo scores 7, Congo scores 1. (Which also explains why I was being so pedantic about the name earlier on)

Isn't this the length of the official name of the country, then?

I think that's been used before in this thread.

Still, "Kingdom of Belgium" isn't all that long.

Isn't this the length of the official name of the country, then?

No.
I think that's been used before in this thread.
Yes, by me.
Still, "Kingdom of Belgium" isn't all that long.
*Belgium. Congo merely gets its 'Democratic Republic of' tag to distinguish it from the Republic of Congo.

Maybe it is officially called Kingdom of Flandra/Wallonia/Brussels :D

No, and its Flanders. You don't have to know any obscure facts like that to guess the map, just knowledge about the countries' regular names (Thailand, Mongolia, North Korea, Dominican Republic...) will suffice.

And i still do not see how Bulgaria has a long name, even in Belgium's languages? :hmm:

It's Bulgarije, Bulgarie and Bulgarien in Belgium's official languages, so you are correct, 'length' isn't the correct answer.
And as I said, the map is in English, not in Dutch/French/German.

A country can have a name of 100 letters and rank 0 on the scale, while a country needs only(/at least - hint hint) 7 letters to rank 7.

Letters in the word Belgium? Belgium has seven obviously and all the letters in Belgium can be found in Democratic Republic of Congo. No letters in Belgium are found in the word Canada.

Number of vowels? :( Repeating or distinct? Analogy of vowels to consonants? Is it what us men of medicine refer to as "A Tiger"?

:suicide:

(sadly goodfella's guess seems even more probably correct...).

number of words in the official name of the country

Letters in the word Belgium? Belgium has seven obviously and all the letters in Belgium can be found in Democratic Republic of Congo. No letters in Belgium are found in the word Canada.

Correct. :hatsoff:

Number of vowels? :( Repeating or distinct? Analogy of vowels to consonants? Is it what us men of medicine refer to as "A Tiger"?

:suicide:

(sadly goodfella's guess seems even more probably correct...).

You're a doctor? I thought you were a writer.

Hint1: Try making a list of the highscoring (5-6-7) countries and look what some of them have in common (the Democratic Republic of the Congo is one of them). Not all of the red countries have this characteristic, and is definitely not required to make it to the red end, but having it really helps.

refers to Republic (Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, ROCongo) which has 5 of Belgium's letters.

Floor goes to Goodfella

Big map:
Spoiler :

Small map:

The US #1 and India #2. I made the map myself and didn't feel like looking at an atlas so I didn't color a lot of the small countries. Though I can assure you that they're pretty much all yellow or khaki.

Hints: The map is kind of tricky. US is ahead of India by a pretty large margin. It's not a coincidence that Africa is mostly Khaki and yellow while Western Europe is red and orange.

Food consumption ?

No to both. It'll be kind of in line with the food consumption and uni grad guesses. Generally the bigger and more developed the more it'll have.

I accidentally shrank the map that I had linked in the big version so now they're the same size. If anyone wants to look closer here's the actual big version:
Spoiler :

largest (in terms of population) cities ?

Top Bottom