Guess the Map VIII: Didn't Color the Island Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countries with cities named Alexandria, founded by Alexander as he conquered the place??

Holy... Ptolemy! Gimme a few hours to find a map. I never dreamed I would ever win anything in this thread (for one thing, I usually just lurk) and have nothing prepped.

Actually, open floor. I have no idea what apps you guys use to create these maps and it would be pointless almost to just grab one of the web, what with google's search by image.

There's about 20 Alexandrias in America, but I don't think any of them were founded by Alexander the Great. :D

Although who knows, maybe he Phalanx-rushed Europe and then conquered Roosevelt and Montezuma, dropping cities along the way... :lol:

I don't know about anyone else, but I copy a map from the OP of this thread, paste it into paint, look up a category on wikipedia and put appropriate colours for each country, then save the map and upload it onto imgur where I paste it onto here.

Actually, open floor. I have no idea what apps you guys use to create these maps and it would be pointless almost to just grab one of the web, what with google's search by image.

All you need to do is copy the map from the OP and just use paint to fill in the relevant countries. It is not that hard. Few times I have simply used a map from wikipedia, since it is ready made.

There's about 20 Alexandrias in America, but I don't think any of them were founded by Alexander the Great. :D

Although who knows, maybe he Phalanx-rushed Europe and then conquered Roosevelt and Montezuma, dropping cities along the way... :lol:

Yes, originally i thought of including countries with cities named Alexandria, not just those founded by Alexander, but it would be tricky since there seems to be an awfull lot of them around...

I don't know about anyone else, but I copy a map from the OP of this thread, paste it into paint, look up a category on wikipedia and put appropriate colours for each country, then save the map and upload it onto imgur where I paste it onto here.
All you need to do is copy the map from the OP and just use paint to fill in the relevant countries. It is not that hard. Few times I have simply used a map from wikipedia, since it is ready made.
I have -zero- artistic talent. I can't even paint inside the lines with a brush on canvas and you want me to do it with a mouse?? :lol:

Now if there was a ready made map program with clickable color changing for countries...

There is a function called fill in. All you need to do is pick the colour you want and then just make sure you are inside the country and just click and thus you have the whole country filled in with the colour you want. Just try and make a map and see what you can do.

Yeah, I tried that once and it filled up the whole bloody map. There was a free hand tool you could use to border the area you want filled in, but then that goes back to the mouse and my artistic talent and just how crappy it would look. No, I'll just pass on map creation.

Countries in which a dropped piece of buttered toast lands butter side down.

Is it about nukes?

Like: the red have nukes, blue had, and the green can get?

Edit: I doubt it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom