Happy new year!

Henri Christophe

L'empereur
Happy new year!!!

Below the afro-brazilian god called Yemanjá, here in Brazil is tradition in the new year throw roses on the sea in honor of Yemanjá, also jump 7 waves and ask 7 wishes to Yemanjá.
yemanja.jpg

Happy New Year!:newyear:

Happy new year!!!

Below the afro-brazilian god called Yemanjá, here in Brazil is tradition in the new year throw roses on the sea in honor of Yemanjá, also jump 7 waves and ask 7 wishes to Yemanjá.
View attachment 649348
iirc, Massachusetts has the largest population of Brazilians in the U.S. Jumping 7 waves in New England in January is not usually recommended, but as luck would have it, the "Polar Bear Plunge" - taking a dip in the Atlantic Ocean on New Year's Day - originated in South Boston, with a swim club called the L Street Brownies. If any local Brazilians are really committed to the 7 waves thing, they can head down to Southie tomorrow morning. The Boston Fire Dept Pipe & Drums leads a procession from the L Street Tavern down to M Street Beach. I suppose they also provide the paramedics. :crazyeye:

So, to everyone on the other side of midnight (still 5 hours+ to go here), what's the new year like? Any better?

Now I want cake. :(

It was bizarre yesterday... I've been spending my time the last few days on Pinterest, looking at photos and memes of the Merlin show, reading fan-created comics of it... so what did my latest Pinterest recommendations email show me?

Black Forest cake. I still haven't seen seasons 2-5 but I'm pretty sure Black Forest cake was never part of it, because someone would have made a meme or fan art about it.

I decided to do something educational tonight, so I watched a David Attenborough documentary about excavating an ichthyosaur fossil. Later on there will be some Brian Cox astronomy documentaries, so I scheduled those for recording.

Koreans envy you guys... we are stuck with our own Trump.
Lucky you Brazilians...
I was thinking about this issue, maybe is harder to South Korea get a left wing president because the antagonism with North Korea.
Here in Brazil the right wing speak a lot about Cuba or Venezuela to delegitimize the left wing. I just wonder if the South Korea think the same, think about don't becomes a North Korea if a left wing party wins the election.

I was thinking about this issue, maybe is harder to South Korea get a left wing president because the antagonism with North Korea.
sad but true... a lot of moronic people thought Moon was "too soft" on N.Korea and either refused to vote or voted Yoon... Meanwhile recently Yoon proved to be incompetent in shooting N.Korean drones down.

Top Bottom