Hinin's Tweaks for VP

Your concern that they are too common if they can be built inside lakes where a work boat can't get at them, but your lack of concern that they can be built over fish tiles.
Only if you assume that I knew that being allowed to be placed on resources/atolls let them bypass the requires 3 adjacent land requirement.

When i use this mod and met the celts i get a graphic-glitch.
It is like a grey fog and it is the unit skirmisher from the celts.
When i switch to another location the glitch goes away.
What can i do to solve this problem?

When i use this mod and met the celts i get a graphic-glitch.
It is like a grey fog and it is the unit skirmisher from the celts.
When i switch to another location the glitch goes away.
What can i do to solve this problem?
It is not linked to my tweak mod, but to the current 3d model used by the Scythed Chariot in 4UC.

Thank you for the answer.
That is strange , as if i met the celts in my vp-game with 4UC active - i do not have these problems.
ok....

Thank you for the answer.
That is strange , as if i met the celts in my vp-game with 4UC active - i do not have these problems.
ok....
From what I see in my games, the 3d model of the Scythed Chariot is invisible or creating these graphical glitches. This has been a topic on the discord VP server for a while now.

Ethiopia's Stele currently has both the +2 food and GA points and the 10% faith conversion into food. Probably not intentional as you mentioned removing it in the changelog.

I’ve noticed after several games with and without the ruins adjustments that having a decent chance to get faith from even your first ancient ruin is enough to completely discourage me (and possibly other players) from even considering building Stonehenge. Adding faith to ruins in smaller, more frequent increments that are available earlier makes it possible to get a pantheon before researching The Wheel, and even more likely to get one before finishing Stonehenge.

As silly as it was to get the “found an ancient oracle” message along with an instant pantheon from ruins, it was balanced a bit by a trigger that stopped it from showing up too soon. Were you able to find any trigger like this in the files for ruin yields? Apologies if this has already been discussed.

These changes look really great. Just some general thoughts

France
  1. Its nice to see some renaissance era uniques
  2. Musketeers look like an elite force which quickly drops off in power once everyone unlocks fusiliers.
  3. The cannon might be too OP. Needs to lose quick study or the extra healing. Quick study in particular has great synergy with the UA. This is what carries France after musketeers lose their effectiveness.
Rome
  1. I think the +1:c5production: +1:c5gold: per historic event might be safely removed. Rome with its GA focus can prolong wars more than the average civ and with recent changes to AI happiness, dragging wars might be a better option than getting a +1:c5production: +1:c5gold: in the capital
  2. The -25% ranged cs from covering fire promotion looks weird on the Alpini (a melee paratrooper replacement)
China
  1. Does chu ko nu's siege volleys activate when attacking enemy cities from 2 tiles away?
Greece
  1. 12% culture when built is definitely a nerf compared to infinite culture on killing enemies
  2. Greece in general should be buffed.
Byzantium
  1. This is just a weaker version of vanilla Arabian UA. At the very least, I would add +1 to all yields to bring it up to par with vanilla Arabian UA
  2. Fort replacements are weak. Forts with roads are good as staging grounds for an offensive push. I much prefer settling defensively than settling vulnerable spots and then building forts

Regarding your comments about Byzantium UA, it's actually stronger than the vanilla Arabian UA; they both have only a +1 to each yield per Historic Moment, but Byz has the bonus faith too. ^

Just want to let you know that I like how you shape your version of France,
that it can be played well with different play style and still be fun.

Note that all these changes are modular : you are free to remove any part you dislike.
Should I just keep the content of main folder and on;y the sub folders I am interested in to do that? No need to remove any line in the moddinfo file?

Should I just keep the content of main folder and on;y the sub folders I am interested in to do that? No need to remove any line in the moddinfo file?
You should delete only files, not lines in the modinfo. If files are absent, the modinfo won't be affected.
Just want to let you know that I like how you shape your version of France,
that it can be played well with different play style and still be fun.
Unfortunately, the function used to convert tourism into production has too many elements excluded to be kept. In the version I'm currently using, I simply game +2 Production to all Wonders (+1 for Guilds).
This is just a weaker version of vanilla Arabian UA. At the very least, I would add +1 to all yields to bring it up to par with vanilla Arabian UA
For information, here are the base VP Arabian UA and the Hinin's Tweaks Byzantium UA.
1662232441920.png
1662232401781.png

Also, +1 to all yields ?
The -25% ranged cs from covering fire promotion looks weird on the Alpini (a melee paratrooper replacement)
That's just a text problem, and doesn't affect gameplay, in the same way Infiltrator is used by the Cholan unique melee unit in pineappledan's mod.
12% culture when built is definitely a nerf compared to infinite culture on killing enemies
To me, that's the point. Greece is already ultra dominant militarily in the tech tier 2 to 4 (having the most cost efficient and spammable unit in term of raw strength during the first half of the game). The new version is less frontloaded, but scales well throughout the game, and doesn't rely on Greece to be another warmonger.
The cannon might be too OP. Needs to lose quick study or the extra healing. Quick study in particular has great synergy with the UA. This is what carries France after musketeers lose their effectiveness.
I mean, you're still limited by the iron requirement and lack of absence of CS / RCS buff compared to most unique units.
Looks like Iran has 5 components when this is used alongside MUCP
Never had that kind of problem (mostly lack of 3/4 UC because of loading order). Did you repeatedly get this ?
Ethiopia's Stele currently has both the +2 food and GA points and the 10% faith conversion into food. Probably not intentional as you mentioned removing it in the changelog.
It is corrected in the next version.
I’ve noticed after several games with and without the ruins adjustments that having a decent chance to get faith from even your first ancient ruin is enough to completely discourage me (and possibly other players) from even considering building Stonehenge. Adding faith to ruins in smaller, more frequent increments that are available earlier makes it possible to get a pantheon before researching The Wheel, and even more likely to get one before finishing Stonehenge.

As silly as it was to get the “found an ancient oracle” message along with an instant pantheon from ruins, it was balanced a bit by a trigger that stopped it from showing up too soon. Were you able to find any trigger like this in the files for ruin yields? Apologies if this has already been discussed.
I'll increase the amount gained, but give a tech requirement. Another solution would be to add mixed-yields ruins.

Never had that kind of problem (mostly lack of 3/4 UC because of loading order). Did you repeatedly get this ?
Yes but I guess that must be a problem on my own end then. Rome's components were Legion, Ballista, Latifundium and Villa, too.
It works correctly after clearing my cache and moduserdata files!

Last edited:
Version 7 online.

I waited a lot to post this new update, so this new version compiles a great number of changes I made these last two months.
These include :
- aesthetic changes to Carthage and China
- gameplay reworks for England, China, Incas, Ottomans, Shoshones
- some tweaks for Byzantium and Persia / Iran
- some Barbarian tweaks (a bit more spawning on higher difficulties + no more embarked barbarians before every other civ)
- the faith ruin changing to post-pantheon (to keep Stonehenge relevant), but with important yield buff
- some minor policy name changes (still WIP)
- a general reduction in city strength (-25%) and health (-40%) => still WIP
- tech cost rework post-medieval (taken from Vern's suggestions as a mean to test things)
- a major rework for warfare, especially during the early game (including 4 new units and 2 new buildings)

As always, don't forget that almost all the things in the mod are modular, meaning you can remove files easily without them breaking the mod. If you have any problem, don't hesitate to ask for my help.

P.S. : Because of the size of the warfare changes, most notably, the general post will be a bit longer to update. Sorry for that. Don't hesitate to try it out, and give me your honest opinion about it. :)

Last edited:
Version 7 online.

I waited a lot to post this new update, so this new version compiles a great number of changes I made these last two months.
These include :
- aesthetic changes to Carthage and China
- gameplay reworks for England, China, Incas, Ottomans, Shoshones
- some tweaks for Byzantium and Persia / Iran
- some Barbarian tweaks (a bit more spawning on higher difficulties + no more embarked barbarians before every other civ)
- the faith ruin changing to post-pantheon (to keep Stonehenge relevant), but with important yield buff
- some minor policy name changes (still WIP)
- a general reduction in city strength (-25%) and health (-40%) => still WIP
- tech cost rework post-medieval (taken from Vern's suggestions as a mean to test things)
- a massive rework for warfare, especially during the early game (including 4 new units and 2 new buildings)

As always, don't forget that almost all the things in the mod are modular, meaning you can remove files easily without them breaking the mod. If you have any problem, don't hesitate to ask for my help.

P.S. : Because of the size of the warfare changes, most notably, the general post will be a bit longer to update. Sorry for that. Don't hesitate to try it out, and give me your honest opinion about it. :)
I think the post-pantheon faith ruin change is a good thing for many reasons in addition to aiding the relevance of Stonehenge; it can be really frustrating to have to restart a game just because a random AI got the pantheon you wanted on turn 15 or whatever.

Sorry to ask again about how to implement only some of the changes and especially about civs tweaks.
If I play with VP + 3/4UC + PDan's tweaks + Hinin's tweaks... How to know which one will supersede the others? Should I delete some redundant changes from PDan's to try Hinin's?

Top Bottom