1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

History Rewritten (Original Thread)

Discussion in '[MAC+WIN] Civ4 - History Rewritten' started by Xyth, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Little problem in leader's selection before the start in custom game, TXT KEY ENTERPRISING TXT KEY

2. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Yeah I spotted that all of a few minutes after uploading it :wallbash:. It's caused by a typo. It doesn't show up too often and is harmless, just looks messy.

If you want to fix it yourself the file you need is /Assets/XML/Text/TraitsPedia_CIV4Gametext.xml. Search for ENTERPRSING or ENTERPRISNG (I forget which it was) and put the 'I' back.

3. Andrewicus

Andrewicus Imperator

yay! 0.2, been playing a bit of Dragon Age, but now I'll have to give this a go in multi :)

Thanks again for your hard work!

4. Lachlan

I'm playing Maya Empire with Pacal II : 13 cities with 50 % research, never war, i'm the most powerful empire in this world... :mischief:

5. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Nicely done! Out of curiousity, what difficulty level is that on? Once you've played some more games I'd be very interested in feedback on the new traits. Do any feel too strong or underpowered?

I unfortunately just discovered a bug where the Spiritual trait bonuses are not applying to cities you've captured, only cities you've built. Also I've found I have a gap in leader personalities so I'm going to add one more trait to 0.3: Progressive. That will bring the total trait combinations to 136.

6. Lachlan

Here a save of my current game as Maya : 1010 AD

I go progress into progress, i lead technologically...

I havent been in war, never been in war with any civ...

Noble difficulty and no Barbarians, Tectonics 60 % Ocean...

Attached Files:

7. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Well I had a look through the save game and I don't really see anything out of the ordinary. Looks like most civs are embroiled in wars of their own (most have declared war on 2-3 other civs) and none seem to have chosen you yet, possibly because you are too distant or seen as too strong for now.

You've been quite good at appeasing your closest neighbours (2 of whom are pacifists) and the ones that like you least would have to trudge through several large empires to get to you. I imagine that things might change a bit once you reach the age of sail.

I think your lead is because you haven't been to war, but also because you're playing on Noble difficulty. Below Prince it's pretty easy to dominate the tech tree. Tech Brokering is switched off too which gives the AI a significant disadvantage. Your lead isn't disproportionate though, Carthage and Nubia are catching up quick.

I played a few extra turns and it looks like things are starting to heat up. Piye requested you join their war against Vietnam and Gandhi is getting quite irritated at your friendship with the Romans :)

8. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Ugh. I've just discovered a bug that causes leaders with the Spiritual trait to get insane levels of cultural growth. I've also found a few other bugs that are very rare but can be quite unbalancing if they happen.

Because of this I will postpone the majority of features I'd been planning until 0.4 and focus on getting these bugs fixed in 0.3 instead. I have the Berbers and a couple other things almost finished though so I'll get them in too. I'll try get it out soon.

9. Keinpferd

Keinpferd King

Xyth, am I overlooking something or did you remove map regenerating in non scenario custom games?

Attachement is a screenshot of an error, hope you can read it and make sense of it:)

Attached Files:

10. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

That error is caused when a leader that has the Expansive, Financial or Industrious trait captures a city or receives one from diplomacy. Most of the time it is harmless but in some circumstances it can mess up the yield on the city tile. I'm guessing that regenerating the map calls that function too, I never thought to test it :/

I'm working on a fix at the moment and will get it out as 0.3 as soon as possible. This is what I get when I do all my playtesting on not enough sleep :p

In the meantime I've attached a file that should hopefully remove the error. The downside is that captured and traded cities will not get the yield bonus of the above traits (only cities you found will get it) but it should allow you to continue your games until I get the proper fix in 0.3 ready.

It needs to replace the existing file in /History Rewritten 0.2/Assets/Python/.

Attached Files:

11. Lachlan

I restarted a new game...

No tech trading on small map prince...

I suggest you add The Lombardic Duchy...

------------

Idea for an early corporation :
    - Tin Mines of Cornwall, exploited by Phoenician Traders...
    - Gold Mines of Solomon King...
    - Trade Post of Naucratia, place indicated by Solon before going to Sais Temple...
    - Silk Road, explained y itself
    - Hanseatic League
    - Rich Mines of Rio Tinto, exploited from long before era, after we have a mining company today called Rio Tinto, why not after all ?

12. Keinpferd

Keinpferd King

There could be a bug with the egyptian galeon or galeon aequivalent. Several reloads including replaying from earlier saves lead to the guess, that the crashing is connected to that unit. Apart from that, it's fun:thumbsup:.

13. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I just tested that unit but had no issue. Could you post a saved game?

14. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

I tried this last night, and several glitches:

Crazy Horse: My twin brother?
    Crazy Horse: You couldn't stop trading with your good friends, yet you would declare war on them?
    Xoc: Stop looking down.

Attached Files:

15. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

Thanks for these! I really appreciate even the smallest of glitches being reported.

Pic 1: This was a silly mistake and easily fixed.
    Pic 2: I borrowed Crazy Horse's personality from an another mod, I'll look into it.
    Pic 3: I'm not quite sure what the problem here is, could you explain further?

16. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I guess Jarlaxe Baenre is pointing out that there is no offer ... at least in the text.

17. OscarWildebeest

OscarWildebeest Prince

I think her offer can be taken as read. ;)

18. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

No. She's looking down. She is looking below the screen. Most leaders seem to look right at you. Not her.

19. Xyth

Xyth History Rewritten

I thought that at first too but I think the items of offer would be on the side panels and not seen in the screenshot.

Hehe, I also thought of that too ;)

Ah I see. That's beyond my control sorry as I haven't created any of the leader art myself. Xoc is Ekmek's work, I can mention it to him. Maybe she's shy? Hiawatha is a pretty handsome fellow after all.

Incidentally have any of you seen Dido yet? She's the true heartbreaker of the mod...

20. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

I have seen her.