How many languages do you know?

2. French and English. I intend to learn Spanish and Japanese and I wish to learn Gaellic and Arabic (not likely thought). They say that a child born and raised in a multi-language family learns more easily other languages.

1. English

I took Spanish for 6 years and remember very little.

I don't know any.

[party] 1000th post [party]
:band:[party] 1000th post [party]:band:
[party] 1000th post [party]

English. I used to be fluent in German, but I haven't used it in 3 years (last time I was in Germany). I was going to go for 6 weeks in April to refresh but some stuff came up.

I find I can understand spoken and written German, but speaking it is becoming a lot harder.

Only English fluently. I've wrapped my brain around quite allot of Latin, but I can't speak it with confidence (its not like I need to much ;)) and I know basic Spanish. I want to also learn Arabic, but I am yet to find a book to my liking which teaches it.

English very fluently of course.

I'm pretty darn good at Spanish. Not perfect though. But if I was dumped in a Spanish speaking country I would definitely be more than able to make my way about town, so to speak.

i'm still working on exploring all of english's nooks and crannys.

not many languages are as complex, or so i've heard.

i'm still working on exploring all of english's nooks and crannys.

not many languages are as complex, or so i've heard.

English and Spanish is a good comparison.

English has vast inconsistencies with pronunciation. Not a very phonetic language. But in comparison with Spanish, the verb conjugations are obviously much easier.

The hardest thing to pick up with Spanish is the grammar (not too difficult once you get a hold on it though), some of the verb tenses (especially the subjunctive) and the idiomatic phrases used in colloquial Spanish.

For example this one:

No llegó la sangre al rió.

Literally translates as: The blood didn't come to the river.

Which means: It wasn't that bad.

:crazyeye:

I haven't learned any new language since the last time such a post was there.

I'm fluent in French, C# and C++ (I'm the first one to say it in this thread for once :cool: ).

I learnt a bit of German, but forgot most of it.

I can speak English well, but cannot write or read it a all.

Obviously I'm fluent in Finnish and I believe my English is quite good as well. I know rudimentary Swedish and very little German.

I speak fluent English and Cursing, a language all to its own.

Français, English and just enough Español to get by at work.

I speak Finnish and English fluently. I know Swedish and German quite well. My French is bad.

I'm using a voice recognition software. I speak in a mike, and it writes the text for me.

you learn something new about steph everyday. :D

does it work in french too? without clicking a button i mean.

I speak Finnish fluently, and English is pretty good as well. I can speak Swedish, but not even near as much as English. And I will start to study French in the next grade.

Dutch, French, English and a bit German. The usual stuff for a Fleming...

you learn something new about steph everyday. :D
does it work in french too? without clicking a button i mean.
It works from time to time, but most of the time, whatever you are saying in the mike, it writes "En grève, en grève" on the screen, when you reach a limit of 35 hours of usage in the week, it just stops running, and if you try to use it in a car, it can cause short circuit and burn your car.

Top Bottom