How many US states have you been to?

How many US states have you been to?

• Total voters
Fetus4188 said:
I find that funny, out of the 16 years that I have lived in the US the only guns I have seen were either on a cop or at a shooting range.

Indeed. Ditto, except for my own guns.

Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Missouri, Colorado, Wyoming, and California. Soon to be Washington, too.

I travel a lot, and I usually drive, so I counted the states I've driven through. They count, right? I did stop and eat and sleep there, so...

EDIT: Amusing and somewhat related anecdote here: My power went out for 5 hours a couple of days ago during a snowstorm, and my roommates and I killed time by naming all the states' capitols and the capitol of every country in the world. Sad thing is: We missed a couple of state capitols. Sorry South Dakota and Nevada. Missed a few countries too I'm sure.

never been to america, dont want to go either

Crash757 said:
...nevermind... Maybe i just am bit influenced by 'Mein Kampf' and some of my friends, who are quite nacionalistic (and some even nazistic) in their weltanschauung... :p

It's "Weltanschauung" you slavic subhuman. The word is a noun and nouns are always capitalized in German.

The Last Conformist said:
You 'Mericans never see military folks with guns?

Okay, clarification: I've never seen a gun that wasn't #1 in the possession of someone who's employment included weapons proficiency or #2 at a shooting range or #3 owned by me or #4 at a store that sold firearms or...

I haven't seen a anyone carrying a gun in public that wasn't police or military.

Bugfatty300 said:
No one has been to N. Carolina? :(

Oh well, more for me then.

I have been there!

The states I've been to: Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, New York, California and DC(if DC counts). So 9 states.

In Brazil the Federal District kind of counts, they elect a governor and all, so I thought it was the case in the US too.

I've never actually seen a military person with a gun outside of a base. I'm not counting the para-military SWAT cops at the airports nowadays though, they have H&K submachine guns.

Crash757 said:
I got some friends who had lived in USA, but i haven't heard sth from them which i didn't knew already... :rolleyes:

Bright day
I found that many people who went to America are so unobjective as to not truly report what they experienced once they come back.
There were things there that I liked, some I disliked and some that simply left me flabbergasted. But the line is, I had great time with great people I liked, and no president will or would change my liking of them, becuase they are themselves and deserve to be judged on their own merit. right that every human being should have- and one that you deny to them. Howg.

Marla_Singer said:
1994 : California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah.
1996 : New York.
2001 : New York, New Jersey.

It's been a long time I didn't go back to the US. However, I must admit that with time, I'm getting less and less attracted by that country.

But we have only just met :mischief: , please reconsider ;) .

Zarn said:
Been to: 30 states (AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, MD, MI, MO, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WY) + the District of Columbia

Lived in: 2 states (NJ, NY)

I think I got that right...

You DO get around :crazyeye: ;) !

I've been from Georgia up to Maine on the east coast, Alabama, West Virginia, Tennessee, and Texas. I've never had much interest in going to most of the rest of the country, except maybe California, Louisiana and Alaska...

luiz said:
In Brazil the Federal District kind of counts, they elect a governor and all, so I thought it was the case in the US too.

Washington DC has a mayor and a city council just like most US cities. But it is a city without a state. DC has one representative in each house of Congress, but they do not have a vote. However, DC residents still pay federal taxes like the rest of the country. This "taxation without representation" has led to a movement to grant statehood for DC, but it seems like the rest of the country doesn't really care.

Technically, DC is a district. District of Columbia, actually. Hence, DC. Used to know what the Columbia was for, but I forgot. Unless that whole thing was a figment of my imagination.

Mario Feldberg said:
It's "Weltanschauung" you slavic subhuman. The word is a noun and nouns are always capitalized in German.
U think i don't know that ? I just don't write it with capital letters because the rest of the sentence is in english and it would make dumb americans think that the name is somekind proper noun. And i'm aryan, btw, only slavs that live in Latvia are those who remained here after USSR collapsed, so called civiloccupants, who are not very tolerated by nacionalistic people like me. So think before saying something stupid ;)

Pirate said:
Washington DC has a mayor and a city council just like most US cities. But it is a city without a state. DC has one representative in each house of Congress, but they do not have a vote. However, DC residents still pay federal taxes like the rest of the country. This "taxation without representation" has led to a movement to grant statehood for DC, but it seems like the rest of the country doesn't really care.

They've even put the phrase on their license plates. I pity them - their budget is handled directly by the US Congress; even if they did have a representative in Congress they'd still be a legislative afterthought.

Top Bottom