I pledge to not buy Civ 6 until it is released

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first factor for preorder to me is the ability to preorder. Steam page still has no prices for Russia :D

This thread truly convinced me to preorder. So I just did :)

To be honest, I'll probably order in September or early October. No need to do so now. By the time I do I will most likely know most everything about how the game works.

If I'm able to pre-order, it will be to reward Ed Beach for his work on the Civ 5 expansions.

I am preordering because I want to support the developers and see them produce more high quality content for the game. Firaxis is one of the few developer I trust and as far as I can tell I will play this game for countless hours so the investment makes sense.

I am preordering because I want to support the developers and see them produce more high quality content for the game.
Wouldn't that work better if you waited until the game is released and skip on the Preorder-Bonus to give them the maximum amount of money you can? :mischief:

Wouldn't that work better if you waited until the game is released and skip on the Preorder-Bonus to give them the maximum amount of money you can? :mischief:

Do I really have to explain to you why that does not make sense?

Do I really have to explain to you why that does not make sense?
Why does it not make sense? If you pre-order you get free stuff. If you buy later you don't.

Do you think it makes a difference whether they get your money now or at release?

How exactly? Will it allow them to invest in Champagne for the Release Show?

Perhaps. But what it does is give them a preview of how much copies will be sold. It also gives them money to work with now (that includes e.g. paying employees), so they don't need a credit for that (for which they have to pay interest)

Doesn't exactly sound like a healthy company if you need to take a credit to pay your employees.

Are you sure that's Firaxis financial situation? I mean okay, Beyond Earth wasn't the hit they hoped for, but last time I heard it still sold pretty well.

Actually time=money. The earlier you could get your dollars, the more you actually get from them.

yup, it's kinda like they looked at this thread and said "ohh so you don't want to pre-order? ....BAM...Aztecs DLC as pre-order bonus"

I don't understand the furor about pre-ordering in the age of digital download.

Thanks to digital delivery, there's no reason to pre-order a game anymore unless there's a bonus, and to get the bonus you only need to buy the game one day early. Why is this a problem? What possible difference could it make whether you buy the game on day 1 or day -1? I'd probably buy it one day early anyway to make sure it had time to download.

I don't like day 1 DLC, but I can deal with pre-order bonuses, especially if they're made free after 90 days. Not really much to complain about here.

Sorry if this ha been covered, but do the developer/publisher get any money pre-launch on a pre-order? Let's say ordered from Steam for argument's sake.

I know traditionally when you pre-order a physical item, you're just securing your purchase with the seller (either with or without a deposit) and nothing goes to the creator although the seller might increase their order. I know with Steam, you can still cancel your order before release (same as a traditional preorder but unlike a "pre-purchase" from GMG), so does Steam just hold onto your money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom