I want to help this mod

Wow! :D :thumbsup: Merry Christmas TB.

JosEPh

Don't you worry JoSEPh, I'm a big fan of your work here as well (and some of your sour responses to other people here in the forum as well:) )
When I'm done with this task from TB I'd be happy to offer my help to you as well.

Best Regards
Jon

Don't you worry JoSEPh, I'm a big fan of your work here as well (and some of your sour responses to other people here in the forum as well:) )
When I'm done with this task from TB I'd be happy to offer my help to you as well.

Best Regards
Jon

Sounds good. :)

And yeah, I'm a cranky :old: :cowboy:. :p

JosEPh

Hey There a long time lurker on these forums since the old RoMAND and afforness days but fell in love with C2C. I would like to help with the mod if you would have me but in a way that no one has seemed to offer to help with, that would be voice overs!
My reason being I notice there are a bunch of text to speech CiVpedia voice overs and tbh they somewhat annoy me, so here I propose having a shot at replacing some of those with my ((hopefully)) wonderful voice!

If you are interested let me know and give me a few lines to record and I can send them back to you as a test run to see if you like what you hear!

Hope to hear back soon and have a wonderful New Year.

Hey There a long time lurker on these forums since the old RoMAND and afforness days but fell in love with C2C. I would like to help with the mod if you would have me but in a way that no one has seemed to offer to help with, that would be voice overs!
My reason being I notice there are a bunch of text to speech CiVpedia voice overs and tbh they somewhat annoy me, so here I propose having a shot at replacing some of those with my ((hopefully)) wonderful voice!

If you are interested let me know and give me a few lines to record and I can send them back to you as a test run to see if you like what you hear!

Hope to hear back soon and have a wonderful New Year.
I need to warn that we HAVE had some help with this but that contributor came under some severe personal fire for it. This can be a scathing return if you aren't very very good at it. I'm sure we would be more than happy to hear what you can do though!

As an aside, I did voiceover work myself for a number of techs. Deception, Theft, and quite a few others.

There is one mistake with a voiceover where they confuse "mediate" with "meditate" - I think it is for Shamanism (written: mediate, spoken: meditate).

need help I start a custom game it start up with no menus just the map units nothing elts
Wrong thread but make sure you are running as an admin. I think that's the main cause folks run afoul of this sort of effect.

Best Regards
Jon

Wow! Another disappearing act. B.I.B. has not been on the forum since Dec. 20th. :(

JosEPh

Now that I've become a proper C2C forum user, (mainly by having an argument with Joe - two geezers going at it), I would like to help out.

I'm no programmer, but I am a history and english major, professional guide and can do voiceovers also. Basically I'd like to do some spell checking for you, go through civpedia descriptions and find info on missing stuff. And I can give the voiceovers a shot - no worries if people don't like it, you can always replace it along the way. I do get a lot of love from all the old people I show around Europe for my speaking (and singing) voice :p

What I can't do, is upload stuff to the SVN or dig through code, so I suggest I work together with one of you who will do the SVN stuff for me. If that's ok with you guys.

That sounds good, just 7z and upload your modified xml files here and someone will put it on the SVN after looking it over.
If you have any technical questions, post them here.

Well, how would I go about dealing with xml files? Excel? Or Notepad+ maybe?

Notepad++
We've all had to learn how to use it. Actually from a visual stand point it's much better than either Notepad or Wordpad as it gives line numbers for reference.

Basically I'd like to do some spell checking for you, go through civpedia descriptions and find info on missing stuff.

These are our most neglected areas, from my point of view.

Notepad++
We've all had to learn how to use it. Actually from a visual stand point it's much better than either Notepad or Wordpad as it gives line numbers for reference.

These are our most neglected areas, from my point of view.

Well, I'm happy to help :) - I work as a tour leader in Europe and when away it's nice to have something to look at in the evening that isn't all about work. So I'll see if I can get it going and figure those xml files out.

What I can't do, is upload stuff to the SVN or dig through code
Few of us started off not knowing how. I'd be happy to show you the tricks of that end of the trade at some point.

Wow! Another disappearing act. B.I.B. has not been on the forum since Dec. 20th. :(

JosEPh

Yeah, sorry about that. I've had some hellish months at work so I've basically had no private life at all since around new years.

Logged in now to finally take a look at this though.

Best regards
Jon

Wow... ok cool! I'm about to be working on tooling around with that building document as well so don't take it as competition if I'm pushing the project forward in some small spare time here and there.

Top Bottom