Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

It's possible. Honestly, I just don't use hawks. Never found them interesting. :lol:

This is more or less already in, though it applies specifically to Recon units, and is not available for other unitcombats. :goodjob:

Check the [Animal Name Here] Blood promotions.

It was the blood promotions that gave me the idea. I think it's a great concept that could be expanded on.

Valkrionn,

Other thing that if you take the Bible name it gives some bad taste of real religion. It's like you put some frames on yourself. How will you create the story and the plot linked to this name? It will also be based on Adam+Eva+God+snake+sins+banishment things??? Eden sounds boring ...really... And how about magic? How will you connect a magic to this name? How about fancy fantasy things like necromancy, vampires, elements etc? How will you connect these to the name. I absolutely cannot imagine it right now. Maybe i'm mistaken.

Look on names in Disciples series: The dark prophesy, Nevendaar, Alkmaar, Mortis, Gallean..... These sound really gothic and superhardcore dark fantasy things. Even Lord of the Rings themes and names would probably be more interesting then Bible-like things.

Nice that I'm not the only one who sees this name to be not propitiate. It'm about the comment of Tschuggi

Valkrionn,

Other thing that if you take the Bible name it gives some bad taste of real religion. It's like you put some frames on yourself. How will you create the story and the plot linked to this name? It will also be based on Adam+Eva+God+snake+sins+banishment things??? Eden sounds boring ...really... And how about magic? How will you connect a magic to this name? How about fancy fantasy things like necromancy, vampires, elements etc? How will you connect these to the name. I absolutely cannot imagine it right now. Maybe i'm mistaken.

Look on names in Disciples series: The dark prophesy, Nevendaar, Alkmaar, Mortis, Gallean..... These sound really gothic and superhardcore dark fantasy things. Even Lord of the Rings themes and names would probably be more interesting then Bible-like things.

Nice that I'm not the only one who sees this name to be not propitiate. It'm about the comment of Tschuggi

Eden is not biblical. It is a name for a concept, a place that Man was banished from. It is a concept expressed by all Abrahamic religions, and many older ones (The Sumerian religion, for instance, amongst the oldest we have records of); There's a reason for it's commonality, as it most likely has it's roots in the transition from Hunter/Gatherer (Eden) to sedentary farming/herding. The biblical name is simply the most recognizable in the western world. Stop reading into only the name, and look at what it actually represents.

Really, you have no idea what the theme will be. Nor are you even slightly close. As I said, we have our reasons, and they will be abundantly clear when we make it public; Until then, I would honestly bet that they will not be guessed by anyone without some kind of prior knowledge.

Edit: Furthermore, why should we be limited to the same old stereotypical fantasy concepts? Must we have magic, vampires, necromancy, elves, orcs, goblins? Or can we instead blaze our own path, and create something more original? As I said, very few people know what we're actually designing, so simply wait and see. Either you will like it, or you won't; In which case, you can go try Orbis2, or some other fantasy mod.

well, for what it's worth, I like the name "EDEN"... even if I have no idea of the contents/theme.
Eden can be anything ; if you've read enough manga or SF or games, Eden can be a holy past, the promised land, or something everybody thinks is holy and ubergood but in fact is full of corruption and errors.

project eden comes to mind.
battle angel alita (Gunnm) also comes to mind : Zion, even with it's jewish connotation is far from a paradise and can be thought as "eden" by the other people.
Eden no ori, where a plane crashs on a prehistoric island and most people die, killed by forgotten beasts, diseases and kill each other by revelling in there base instincts;
...etc

eden can convey a message that can be as dark as you want.

Eden is not biblical. It is a name for a concept, a place that Man was banished from. It is a concept expressed by all Abrahamic religions, and many older ones (The Sumerian religion, for instance, amongst the oldest we have records of); There's a reason for it's commonality, as it most likely has it's roots in the transition from Hunter/Gatherer (Eden) to sedentary farming/herding. The biblical name is simply the most recognizable in the western world. Stop reading into only the name, and look at what it actually represents.

Really, you have no idea what the theme will be. Nor are you even slightly close. As I said, we have our reasons, and they will be abundantly clear when we make it public; Until then, I would honestly bet that they will not be guessed by anyone without some kind of prior knowledge.

Edit: Furthermore, why should we be limited to the same old stereotypical fantasy concepts? Must we have magic, vampires, necromancy, elves, orcs, goblins? Or can we instead blaze our own path, and create something more original? As I said, very few people know what we're actually designing, so simply wait and see. Either you will like it, or you won't; In which case, you can go try Orbis2, or some other fantasy mod.

Valk, I agree. Especially on the ancient history part. Eden is a "concept", a myth, that the "bible" (there is more than "one"...) copied and applied from much older history (read gilgamesch, there is also an interesting part about the diluvian, and there would also be a tons of interesting mythical monsters and warriors, also all the giantkin in bible, the freaky creatures of old egypt, the baal-sacrifitions in old mesopotamia - gilgameschs home, ur, today bagdad... old south american history is full of it, hell, all ancient europe too... if this is eden for you, will say, old world before real dawn of human, than congrats - it would totally fit for ciV, especially when it seas itself as a historical game). Although today it IS totally connected to the bible and the katholic religion. But as a concept it has a lot to do with what Valk slightly touched by the transition from hunter to farmer. Or maybe you can say it has sth to do with consciousness... when adam and eve ate from the tree, they recognized things. And got thrown out. Maybe Valk builds up sth here, but that's not important, like Valk says. That doesn't matter. Everybody has the right to build sth up on his own. And put a name on it.
What I was critizising was what people today connect with the meaning of Eden, and, if valk & co. want to make a dark fantasy mod, they maybe should adapt the name to it. But this is just chitchat from me, with totally no importance. I don't even know the concept. I only wanted to know if there finally a reason to buy ciV. So I have to wait till all the "kinderkrankheiten" (child diseases) have been cured and some nice fantasy mods have been developed. Sephi, Awharic and Valk, make a paypal account and let you pay. I would send money.

Thanks to all modders,

Tschuggi

well, for what it's worth, I like the name "EDEN"... even if I have no idea of the contents/theme.
Eden can be anything ; if you've read enough manga or SF or games, Eden can be a holy past, the promised land, or something everybody thinks is holy and ubergood but in fact is full of corruption and errors.

project eden comes to mind.
battle angel alita (Gunnm) also comes to mind : Zion, even with it's jewish connotation is far from a paradise and can be thought as "eden" by the other people.
Eden no ori, where a plane crashs on a prehistoric island and most people die, killed by forgotten beasts, diseases and kill each other by revelling in there base instincts;
...etc

eden can convey a message that can be as dark as you want.

I've actually read Eden No Ori. :lol:

Valk, I agree. Especially on the ancient history part. Eden is a "concept", a myth, that the "bible" (there is more than "one"...) copied and applied from much older history (read gilgamesch, there is also an interesting part about the diluvian, and there would also be a tons of interesting mythical monsters and warriors, also all the giantkin in bible, the freaky creatures of old egypt, the baal-sacrifitions in old mesopotamia - gilgameschs home, ur, today bagdad... old south american history is full of it, hell, all ancient europe too... if this is eden for you, will say, old world before real dawn of human, than congrats - it would totally fit for ciV, especially when it seas itself as a historical game). Although today it IS totally connected to the bible and the katholic religion. But as a concept it has a lot to do with what Valk slightly touched by the transition from hunter to farmer. Or maybe you can say it has sth to do with consciousness... when adam and eve ate from the tree, they recognized things. And got thrown out. Maybe Valk builds up sth here, but that's not important, like Valk says. That doesn't matter. Everybody has the right to build sth up on his own. And put a name on it.
What I was critizising was what people today connect with the meaning of Eden, and, if valk & co. want to make a dark fantasy mod, they maybe should adapt the name to it. But this is just chitchat from me, with totally no importance. I don't even know the concept. I only wanted to know if there finally a reason to buy ciV. So I have to wait till all the "kinderkrankheiten" (child diseases) have been cured and some nice fantasy mods have been developed. Sephi, Awharic and Valk, make a paypal account and let you pay. I would send money.

Thanks to all modders,

Tschuggi

None of those would be the reason. It's very basic, but not something anyone would think of really. ;)

You should call it Sandwich. Everybody can get behind a good sandwich. :banana:

Let's not. :rolleyes:

Even a chocolate and quorn sandwich?

And that sounds quite disgusting...

And that sounds quite disgusting...

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. Made right, the quorn gives it a nice chewy texture, while the chocolate provides a sweet tingling as you eat it. I don't understand what's disgusting sounding about it. No, it's not particularly orthodox, but if we limited ourselves to things that "make sense" or "are sane" then where we would be?

Sandwich liberty!

Personally I think that sounds like one of those desert things with some idiotic crust that has the consistency of bread and a filling inside. I dislike those things.

In essence really thou, I dislike bread. I prefer rice and potatoes to it any day. I would only eat bread or bread like substances if I was starving.

Make me a sandwich without the bread or bread substitute and you have a deal.

Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. Made right, the quorn gives it a nice chewy texture, while the chocolate provides a sweet tingling as you eat it. I don't understand what's disgusting sounding about it. No, it's not particularly orthodox, but if we limited ourselves to things that "make sense" or "are sane" then where we would be?

Sandwich liberty!

Well, most of that is because I have not had Quorn, and the experiences I have had with alternate meat-substitutes have not been pleasant, to say the least. :lol:

Odd sandwiches I can handle. For instance, I've watched my mother eat a chocolate bar and butter sandwich. Apparently, she missed Nutella. :lol:

What do we care about sandwiches...

:dubious:

Um. I had to look up all those words in a dictionary before I replied, to try and understand what you mean. And... I don't... I-. It's just... You...

Sandwiches.

What don't we care about sandwiches?

Deep down, everything is about sandwiches.

No, deep down everything is about meat and beer.

Top Bottom