Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Playing as the Cualli for the first time (not counting having played as either the Cualli or Mazatl in Fall Further a very long time ago). A few thoughts/suggestions:

1) When a worker has the option to chop a jungle, it would be helpful if the mouseover for the action indicated how it would affect the yield on the tile.

2) It might be helpful if the Cualli had some way to get rid of swamps other than waiting to get Sun Mana and having an Arcane unit Scorch it away. In particular, it was frustrating to have swamps develop on hills, which I would have preferred to mine or windmill. Maybe instead, block swamps from developing on hills? Or allow mines and windmills to remove swamps? (Or neither, if that's what you prefer.)

3) The 'pedia entry for Sacrificial Altar says that sacrificing a unit Empowers priests. The mouseover for a unit's Sacrifice action, by contrast, says that sacrificing the unit will gain some research. Maybe both are true, but should be harmonized.

4) It might help if the Cualli had a T1 Disciple unit to create a great work with the +20:culture:, to be able to quickly pacify a newly-conquered city. Most other civs can do this, and it really slows the Cualli down during a war, having to wait for a city to pacify on its own. OTOH, maybe that's intended, given the Cualli's mainly defensive military nature (automatic terrain change within their borders, combat bonuses on that terrain). As an alternative, maybe give Priests of Agruonn this ability? That forces you to decide whether to sacrifice a more substantial unit than a T1-equivalent Disciple unit.

Anyway, that's it for now. Hope at least some of this is helpful -- stuff to maybe think about, if nothing else?

Pardon me if this is the wrong place to post; I've been lurking awhile, but I want to make sure I actually know what I'm doing here.

Anyway, it's been mentioned that you're planning to re-introduce goblins as a civ of their own. If that's still viable, I'd like to have a general idea of what direction you want to take them. I have ideas for mechanics and lore of my own, mostly focusing on them as scavengers/criminal underworld, gaining particular benefits from other civ's cities, but if that's in conflict with what you guys want, I'd still be happy to help flesh them out.

This isn't an "I have the best civ idea" post, I'd just be interested in helping with something you were already doing anyway. If this would be better off at the official forum, let me know.

Not a major thing, but would it be possible to add a World Wrap option to the Tectonics map script? I generally like the maps generated by the Tectonics map script and have always wondered how a Toroidal Tectonics map might look.

Not a big deal, but just thought I'd ask.

A Goblin civ? Interesting. What's next, then: hobgoblins, bugbears? I know ... GNOLLS!!!! Well, maybe not a Gnoll civ, but how about barbarian Gnolls?

I don't think I've encountered barbarian Gnolls in RifE, unless they're called something else, as they are in LENA (which I never tried).

And of course that still leaves hobgoblins and bugbears.

Maybe I've never noticed them, then -- either that, or never experienced the event(s) in question. Oh, well.

EDIT: And as long as we're talking about new humanoids, Kuo-toa? Sahuagin? Would make the seas and oceans interesting.

It would be really nice to have more civics excluded for some civs/leaders. For instance, I'm a little distressed at seeing Cassiel pick God King and Slavery so often. :)

I really dislike the way dwarven and elven forest affinity is handled since the latest update. Most of your one movement units no longer get any benefit from it, ancient forests take up 3 movement points for me(which kind of screws with players who choose to follow FoL early on), and the same thing applies to dwarves.

I mean, would letting dwarves and elves use their respective terrain as roads be too much to ask(bearing in mind the malakim ability to use deserts as roads is just as, if not more, op)? Failing that can dwarves get some kind of defensive bonus in hills?

This is absolutely not something that we will be changing back. Such a large movement bonus is NOT comparable to treating desert as ocean (bear in mind, they don't get a movement bonus from that mechanic, and the movement bonus they DO have is guaranteed transition to the mechanic the dwarves and elves use now); It is too large a benefit in the early game.

When one of a handful of civs is able to move around two or three times as fast as the others, they have a near monopoly on popping ruins. We may give a civ better results from ruins, but a quantity bonus is not something we want, as we feel it unbalances the game. The civs are almost guaranteed to gain new bonuses, however, some of which may be discussed soon.

TLDR: This is definitely something you'd have to modify yourself if you dislike the new method.

This is absolutely not something that we will be changing back. Such a large movement bonus is NOT comparable to treating desert as ocean (bear in mind, they don't get a movement bonus from that mechanic, and the movement bonus they DO have is guaranteed transition to the mechanic the dwarves and elves use now); It is too large a benefit in the early game.

When one of a handful of civs is able to move around two or three times as fast as the others, they have a near monopoly on popping ruins. We may give a civ better results from ruins, but a quantity bonus is not something we want, as we feel it unbalances the game. The civs are almost guaranteed to gain new bonuses, however, some of which may be discussed soon.

TLDR: This is definitely something you'd have to modify yourself if you dislike the new method.

Is there any way the movement could only apply in your borders or in ancient forests, that could make it fairer and more useful for moving around your city radius quickly.

Huh. I always thought that the malakim treated deserts as roads for mp. I can accept it the way it is, I still feel like the dwarves need a hill defense bonus on the side though.

I'm not sure about this one, but; I built the guild of the nine and Cassiel gets the duke(which wouldn't bother me if he also didn't get Mary Mobius 3 turns ago).

Also, kelp remove the defensive bonus from coast tiles, and I feel like a 50% bonus for kelp forests and a 25% for normal kelp would be more reasonable. Since you tend to get stuck on them and jumped by sea serpents alot.

Kelp and deff bonus ? it should get malus because a Flye does not get deff bonus when entangled in the Spider Web or am i wrong ? ;)
Ok See Serpends should get a bonus because they are the Kelp Spiders. :p

Kelp and deff bonus ? it should get malus because a Flye does not get deff bonus when entangled in the Spider Web or am i wrong ? ;)
Ok See Serpends should get a bonus because they are the Kelp Spiders. :p

Well, maybe sea serpents would have an advantage in kelp, but against other ships it would provide some cover-like an archer trying to shoot someone behind a tree.

Top Bottom