Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Please I strongly request an option to deactivate Archeron. We always had him deactivated in plain vanilla and I was very disappointed to see that option removed from the game options...

Can you tell me how to safely deactivate him in the XML files? Thanks!

Thanks for the quick reply and for the mod!
I would still advise to make the option more visible in a future patch, as possibly more people hate his guts (like me!) as he is a game ruiner sometimes...
cheers

Tried the Mod. It's HELLish, thus I LIKE!! Makes me angry the whole time though...

It is COMPLEX. Is there some sort of deeper explanation than the Civipedia?

Can Ideas still be submitted?

I would like to see some, well, additional Civs :lol:

---

I tried the Mod several times now. It is unplayable.

I wasn't using the SVN revision, because I didn't know about it, because there was no way for me to know about.

We seriously need a sticky about this.

Tried the Mod. It's HELLish, thus I LIKE!! Makes me angry the whole time though...

---

well ... i know i'm repeating myself, but the civilopedia is planned for the next release (1.4) which is completely redesigned ... therefore making any civilopedia changes now would be pointless, since big changes are being made

---

If it was "unplayable" for the same reasons you called FF unplayable.... Much of my post had been a warning you would find it as such, since rather than minimize changes you didn't like we emphasized them. I simply explained our rationale.

The barbarians are much easier to deal with in the SVN, however, so iwoukd recommend following the link A_Moon provided.

what's SVN mean?

Well, reg 'unplayable'

I don't get the fact, that multiple, I repeat, multiple AI Civs are wiped out in the first 10 rounds and that I then face dozens of Level 6 to 8 barbarian units with my two to three warriors at that time.

Doesn't make sense, has nothing to do with 'like'.

Anyway I am looking forward to your next release (would like to contibute, maybe this can be discussed when I know what you are doing currently ;-P ).

Let's hope it's balanced correctly then.

SVN stands for Subversion; It's a source-control method that allows the team to upload files to one central location, so we're all working from the same source. Uploading requires permission, but downloading is open to anyone, meaning you can download more up-to-date files through the SVN than you can from the installer.

Barbarian balance absolutely swung too far in the last official release; This has been long since fixed in the SVN. That's not to say that barbs are a cake-walk now, but simply that they spawn at appropriate times. The issue was simply that barbarian lairs upgraded based on number of turns (like other improvements) rather than known techs (which is how barbs spawn); This left lair-spawned barbarians as much more advanced than they should have been.

~Personally, I have really enjoyed the harder barbarians. I also appreciate the mention that 1.4 is really going to happen. Ever since I switched over to the SVN I have been delighted with the continual changes. I haven't seen a keeper of nogorblahblah show up yet, though.

I have been playing FFHII since Civ IV Vanilla was new. When the council of Esus was brought in all units produced in the founding city received hidden nationality. Kael changed that ages ago. I hope you might consider bringing that back in 1.4. Thanks for the work you and the other team members are putting in. I hope you are having as much fun with it as I am.

what's SVN mean?

Well, reg 'unplayable'

I don't get the fact, that multiple, I repeat, multiple AI Civs are wiped out in the first 10 rounds and that I then face dozens of Level 6 to 8 barbarian units with my two to three warriors at that time.

Doesn't make sense, has nothing to do with 'like'.

Anyway I am looking forward to your next release (would like to contibute, maybe this can be discussed when I know what you are doing currently ;-P ).

Let's hope it's balanced correctly then.

Well, no offense, but I'd say alot of things are more balanced than even vanilla bts. Magic is probably the great unbalancer in most cases, and is being fixed by Valk and his team.

I was pretty upset about the barbs when I first played it too, listen to Valk, though-the svn version really improves the barb spawns.

@poodieneutron I actually felt their wonder made them a little op as it is.

not yet, but it is on my list. although i need to focus somewhere else first.

Top Bottom