If China and Russia went to war next year

Who would you be 'up' for?

• Russia

Votes: 89 63.1%
  • China

Votes: 52 36.9%

• Total voters
im curious if a war brokeout, and nukes were not involved who would more likely win?

And Russian girls are hot !!

now, i know this girl named Yulia..... oh my.... /drool

Yes i have to admit slavic girls are very hot, they have something of special, but i don't know what. :lol:

Yes i have to admit slavic girls are very hot, they have something of special, but i don't know what. :lol:

i know a girl from slovakia and she is the sh!t!

Only the US government. Which applied for observer status and was duly rejected. Hm...they seem to take it seriously. And the Indian government, and Pakistan. Also Iran which is considering membership.

Iran already has observer status and is likelty to become a full member... oh, didnt you know? If Winner dosent like the idea of an organisation then its not real, just a paper tiger... He never has anyhting to prove that its not a serious organisation other than "Its just to annoy the US"... the very very obvious benefits for both Russia and china in military and economic co operation dont come into it. they cant, after all Winner dosent want them to!!!

and dont forget Russia and China cant be allies because tnhey dont have the same culture:lol::lol::lol: but the US and Japan can, apparently it dosent matter in their case.

I'm glad you acknowledge Russia to be a great power then. And I think you far overestimate the level of hostility between Russia and China. There is very little. This is 2008 and we are a long way from the Sino-Soviet split period you seem to be living in. Russia and China have a genuine strategic alliance aimed at the US yes and unless the US disappears overnight the alliance will continue. Furthermore there is no reason to gain by war that which can be gained by peace. China can easily overwhelm Siberia with demographic's, and already Russia has been attempting to sell more of its natural resources.

Chin awill never ever try and remove Siberia from Russia, its an utterly laughable idea, the Russian are only too delighted to have a gigantic market for Siberian natural resources and the chinese are only too delighted to have a supplier to their gigantic market. Not to mention the Russia nuclear arsenal which would be used if someone tried to remove more than 50% of their country from them... Jesus if the US and Saudi Arabia can form an alliance of convenience along the same lines then Russia and China can. All this BS about China colonising Siberia is ridiculous, Moscow has for donkey's years had huge non-Russian minorities within Siberia and its never made any even half serious attempt to secede. Many people hate the idea of a Chinese-Russian alliance because it scares them, but that dosent mean it wont happen. I'm not saying it definitely weill either, but to portray it as far fetched is just wishful thinking.

- I admire Russian space programme
- I admire Russian resilience
- I admire Russian cultural achievments, in literature and fine arts mostly
- I admire Russian scientific achievments, Russian contribution to natural sciences has been VERY significant and Russia has produced some of the greatest minds mankind has ever seen
- I like Russian humour, it's as cynical and black as the Czech
- I agree with Russia that Kosovo should be a part of Serbia
- I respect Russian ice-hockey
- And of course, Russians are fellow Slavs so there is some default sympathy for them encoded in my genes :)

Happy now?

No sarcasm included...

Quite happy :)

Yeah... you know, I could list good things about the Nazis, dosent mean I dont hate them. you should balance out your sig with some of the not so nice things he's said about Russians

I could, but posting them in my sig so everyone could see seems rather pointless for they fill pretty much every other post he makes...

Supporting Russia--I'm a natural race traitor.
BTW, those anti-Russian-reclaiming-Siberia-and-Mongolia rants are unbearably annoying.

and about as realistic as Spain reclaiming Argentina, too

I wouldn't support either in such a war, but I have a natural sympathy for the Russians, their culture appeals to me somehow. :hmm:

and about as realistic as Spain reclaiming Argentina, too

Well, there is that one little annoying thing about a demographic collapse and a certain economy being propped up by a temporary resource...

Maybe not in 50 years, but we'll see where Russia is in a century.

Well, there is that one little annoying thing about a demographic collapse and a certain economy being propped up by a temporary resource...

Yeah, but it still makes no sense. If this was how things worked India would have long ago taken over Iran, Brazil would have taken over Venezuela etc etc. the days of a country sending citizens to a powerful neighbour and eventually having part of that country join the original one are long, long in the past. As for the demographic thing, yeah Russi will probably lose population but you know its not guaranteed to happen, these things can be turned around artificially, like as happened in China, Romania etc. and the population decline has eased a good bit in the last few years. Siberia will never be part of China, its just not going to happen.

Heres an article from wikipedia about it
Lower birth rates and higher death rates reduced Russia's population at a 0.5% annual rate, or about 750,000 to 800,000 people per year during the late 1990s and most of the 2000s. The UN warned that Russia's 2005 population of about 143 million could fall by a third by 2050.[10] However, the number of Russians living in poverty has halved since the economic crisis following the disintegration of the Soviet Union, and the improving economy has had a positive impact on the country's low birth-rate, as it rose from its lowest point at 8.27 births per 1000 people in 1999 to its current rate of 11.3 per 1000. 2007 marked the highest birth rate growth the country has seen in 25 years, according to the Minister for Health and Social Development, Tatyana Golikova.[5] For comparison, the US and UK birth rates in 2007 were 14.16 and 10.67 per 1000 respectively.

While the Russian birth-rate is comparable to that of other European countries, its population is declining at a much greater rate due to abnormally higher death rate (especially among working-age males due to poverty, abuse of alcohol and other substances, disease, stress, and other afflictions).[citation needed] For comparison, the current US death rate is 8.26 per 1000 and the UK death rate is 10.09 per 1000. However the Russian health ministry predicts that by 2011, the death rate will equal the birth rate due to increases in fertility and decline in mortality.[11]

In many developed countries rates of natural increase have also dropped below the long-term population replacement rate and immigration accounts for the continued rise in population.[citation needed]

Government measures to halt the demographic crisis was a key subject of Vladimir Putin's 2006 state of the nation address.[12] As a result, a national programme was developed to reverse the trend by 2020, the results of which are already being seen. A new study published in 2007 shows that, as a whole, the rate of population decrease has slowed: if the net decrease in January-August 2006 was 408,200 people, it was 196,600 in the same period in 2007. The death rate accounted for 357,000 of these, which is 137,000 less than in 2006. At the same time in the 2007 period, there were just over 1 million births in Russia (981,600 in the 2006 period), whilst deaths decreased from 1,475,000 to 1,402,300. In all, the number of deaths exceeded the number of births by 1.3 times, down from 1.5 in 2006. Eighteen of the 83 provinces showed a natural growth of population (in 2006: 16). The Russian Ministry of Economic Development hopes that by 2020 the population will stabilize at 138-139 million, and by 2025, to increase again to its present day status of 143-145, raising the life expectancy to 75 years. [13]

If China ever moves to annex Siberia, there'll be a world vs China scenario.

If China ever moves to annex Siberia, there'll be a world vs China scenario.

quite possibly and in any case Russia has a lot of nuclear weapons, they would undoubtedly use them if they had to to stop Siberia being taken form them.

Top Bottom