1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ijnavy's Scenarios on GEM

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by ijnavy, Feb 25, 2008.

1. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

Also, I am planning a BC scenario. Would 200 BC be good?

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Busy, busy. 200 BC sounds interesting. Can't wait to see either one of these!;)

3. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

200 BC sounds great.
    I'm really looking forward to see this scenario - frankly more than 1300 AD, that is good but relatively close to 1100 AD.

Do you already have a list of civs that you are you planning to include?

4. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

How do these civs look for the 200 BC scenario?
    Japan
    Chinese Han
    Korea
    Hsuing-nu
    Mon
    Australasian peoples
    Satavahana
    Sunga
    Indo-Greek kingdoms
    Parthia
    Seleucid
    Yue-Chi
    Armenia
    Atropatene
    Ptolemic kingdom
    Meroe
    Maritania
    Rome
    Teotihuacan
    Chavin
    Nok
    Gaulic tribes
    Britons
    Germanic tribes
    Celtic tribes
    Dacians
    Venedae
    Greece/Macedonia

5. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

Good list.

1) Off the top of my mind I would rename the Venedae as Slavs - that makes easier to identify them with their ethnic group.

2) Add Scythia

3) Add Numidia

On a random note, I think that considering the nomadic/less known civs are several, it might help a lot to properly classify them, so, for instance:

- Armenia should be Kingdom of Armenia

- Ptolmaic should be Ptolemaic Empire

- Numidia should be Kingdom of Numidia

While for instance Gaulic Tribes or Germanic Tribes work perfectly, especially considering the somewhat nomadic and fluid nature of these civs (... it might be tricky to single out major cities to function as their capitals without proper research).

That said, everything looks extremely interesting to me!

I was also wondering if considering the marathon speed and the ancient-era flavor it might be better to end the game in the middles ages?
    Or at least halt it somewhere before modern age...not sure how fitting it would be to see Scythians Bombers fighting Numidian Tanks and Submarines! :)

My two cents.

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Sounds cool. Don't know if both the Yue Zhi and the Xiongnu should be in (I believe the Yue Zhi are post 0 AD - when the Xiongnu got subjugated/displaced by the Han). Also (if you loose the Yue Zhi) Greece and Macedonia should be separate: Greek City States + Macedonia. If you replace "Gaulic Tribes" by Celtic Tribes, you can loose the Britons and get Carthage in (destroyed 146 BC, 3rd Punic War). Otherwise looking very good.:)

Actually, if you don't mind me saying, I think 200 BC might be more opportune than 1300 AD, seeing as you just recently updated 1100AD, including the Mongols therein. Haven't been able to play it, but will try ASAP (am working on a GEM Modern Age scenario myself, going very slow)...

7. Genghis_Kai

Genghis_Kai GEM modder

I actually also in the process of researching for a 200BC-ish scenario for GEM. Not sure if you could spare that time period for me? ;)

But it will take me a while for finishing the scenario.

8. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

Quick question: how comes the Mongols are so weak?
    Am I missing something and need to install the mongol camp unit or are they on purpose set up with just 3 cities with 1 of population and about 5 keshiks?

Let me know!

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Mongols have 3 cities in 1100 AD? That sounds more like they're overpowered than weak. (Ghenghis Khan united the tribes around 1200 AD.);)

10. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

It takes 4 turns to build a keshik in a city with one population. Is that under or over powered?
    That means that by 1200 when Genghis Khan united the Mongols, you have a minimum of 15 keshiks.
    The keshiks are now 8 strength.

11. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

Trust me, I playtested the game.
    One thing is what you can potentially do, another is what happens.
    Leaving aside what my strategy is, as the Mongols - if the AI plays the Mongols as they are right now what happen(ed in my game) is:

- By 1230 AD the Mongols are left with 1 city and score-wise are the last of the 28 civs, behind Aragon.
    And it isnt only due to the fact they are very behind, tech-wise (historically accurate).
    In other words, the Kara Khanids and XiXian beat them pretty bad destroying two of their cities (that have 0 culture).
    Also, to build a keshik in Karakorum, the capital, it takes 16/24 turns.

I am going to edit the WBS in my game, trying to see the Golden Horde come to life!

I was just curious to find out if the set up was an error or not. :)

12. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

What?! When I play tested, it took 4 turns to make a keshik in the capital. Are you sure? They are also much stronger. Maybe I should make the Genghis Khan AI want to build units more.

13. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

Yeah, I just checked.
    I play at Warlord and:

- Beshabalik 50 Turns/Keshik

- Karakorum 34 Turns

- Turfan 50 Turns

Also, I forgot to mention that in my game where the Xixia and the Kara Khanid beat them, I already gave the mongols extra 8 Keshiks.

I am going to try to add two barbarians city east of Volga Bulgaria, one for the Bashkirs and one for the Kara Khitan (Basalgun) and put Keshiks not too far.
    Hopefully the AI conquers those cities and the Mongols focus west, and interact with Europe/Muslims.
    I'll let you know how it goes (I'll also pump up the 3 Mongol cities, techwise and population wise).

14. Traiano

Traiano Warlord

P.s. mmm... I also noticed the Keshiks still have 6 of strength...maybe the game didnt save during your last update?
    Just a thought.

P.p.s. changing Jibrail leatherhead was a great move. The Reconquista seems to happen now, with little steps.
    Giving Ankara to the Seljuk was also a good move, considering the Sultanate of Rum controlled nearly all Asia Minor/Anatolia by early 1100, before the Komnenian Restoration.
    In my game I removed Attalia and created Iconium and passed it to the Seljuk. With 3 cities perhaps they manage to push against the Byzantines (to them I gave Crete and Cyprus).

In case you are interested I'll let you know what happens, with these changes.
    Solid A.

15. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

Oh, now I get it. I saved the file on them on my computer but did not change the one in the download. In an hour I'll upload the file again, but with really cheap 10 strength keshiks and a Genghis who likes to use them. Hope that this is the final version.

Anyway, how does this list look for 200 BC? Replaced Yue-Chi with Scythia and Germantic tribes with a seperate Greece and Macedonia. No Numibia because it was about to be conqured by the Romans, Mauritania was alive for a couple more centuries.

Japan, Chinese Han, Korea, Hsuing-nu, Mon, Australasian peoples, Satavahana, Sunga, Indo-Greek kingdoms, Parthia, Seleucid, Scythia, Armenia, Atropatene, Ptolemic kingdom, Meroe, Mauritania, Rome, Teotihuacan, Chavin, Nok, Gaulic tribes, Britons, Celtic tribes, Dacians, Venedae (Slavic peoples), Greece, and Macedonia

Will start placing cities soon. I am still doing the 1300 AD scenario. Does the list for its civs like good?

16. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

April's fool?:D

As I mentioned to Genghis_Kai, (proto-)Slavs aren't evidenced until the 6th c. AD; Britons + Gauls can be included as Celts (who were also in Iberia, Thrace & Galatia), which leaves room for Numidia & Germanic tribes. ("about to be conquered"? Why make it easy on the Romans with their Praetorians?) Otherwise looking cool.;)

I see no problems with your 1300 AD setup (sorry, didn't mention this before).:thumbsup:

17. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

Changed a couple of things. It takes 4-5 turns to make a keshik which are 10 strengh and move 5 squares. Added a city in the west to make Mongols want to go there. Also, made Genghis Khan want to build more units. It should work now, but I have no idea why it did not before.
    The year is 1200 AD and I have taken 4 Jin/Song cities and am attacking Xixia.

I will make them independent.

Thanks for the advice.
    I

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

You're welcome!:hatsoff: I'll try your updated 1100 AD version as soon as I have time (haven't been able to yet, 'cause as I'm doing a Modern Age scenario for GEM myself)...

Success!;)

EDIT: You might wanna edit the DL page where it says "Could someone rate this one please"; your current rating is 4 stars! (Also: are all the religions still mixed up?)

19. raja2002

raja2002 Chieftain

In my Game as the Mongols it went very well! I produced only Keshiks until 1200 - and then got at war with xiang (all cities - very easy), then jin (all cities - the big army was a bit of a problem) and then song (it takes long because of their trained longbowmen).
    Around 1400 all of China an Korea was mine :) ... i moved my capital to the city near todays bejing and i started building infrastrukture, trading resources for gold, research for currency, paper, education (for trade with the ai).
    Now its around the 1480´s and i´m closing up with the leading nations, have no fear because of a strong karakorum (with baracks, stable and 3 military adv) that can produce a keshik every (!!!) turn :)
    I think the next will be to attack along the silk-road till persia - than change direktion to india, the khmer and then we will see who can stand against a united mongol asia ... :)

@ ijnavy: thanks for that great scenario !!!

20. ijnavy

ijnavy Czar

You are very welcome :hatsoff: How does the update seem to everyone else?