Immortal Game Report: The Code of Hammurabi

Impressive game! I must say I had my doubts about you still being able to pull this off but as usual, a good war won the day :D

Great thread, inspired me to start my own walkthrough thread to give something back to the community.

But... there was a moustache left alive at the end... what were you thinking?

I haven't had that experience first hand, but you had some really wacky colony behavior here! :D
The explanations about the big DoW and the domination pop make sense, and I have another one for you: Remember that "yearn to join our motherland" in Aachen? Look at the powergraph a few pages later, that clearly shows that Washington had taken the spot Charlemagne was in before, the blue line first behaves normal, then drops to 0 (eliminated), and a few centuries comes back up again. Aachen wanted to join him later.

I enjoyed reading your writeup, I had a few games with a similar feel on Emperor/Immortal and it's great to see you turned it around!

Doesn't the dom threshold rise by a few percent the less civs are in the game?

So.. -America, -Inca, -Native America...

Hm, I was wrong.

And yeah, Mao's spawning made the colony bug exist.

Thanks for all your time and hard work. I'm a relatively new BTS player and I think I picked up more tips from this game than anything else I have read on the forum lately.
There are so many nuances to this game and it really helps to see someone knowledgable play.

Thanks again!

I just spent two hours reading this. Thanks very very much indeed, I've learned LOADS! I've even been taking notes while reading.

Now I'm going to read your other game.

Thanks heaps for doing this! :)

Nice solid game :goodjob: . I usually avoid warmongering early on due to the painful upkeep , instead concentrating on early liberalism . Nice recovery after the tech hole . Btw what happened to corporations , no one found them due to GP requirement?.

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you liked it. I will eventually do another game but it probably won't be soon. The write-up itself is quite time consuming so I really have to be "in the mood" for it. :p

Mao took over the place of Washington, as you were at war with him before, you are still at war him. As Ghenghis is his master, he is now also at war with you. As Ghenghis is at war with SB, Mao had to declare war on him too. As HC was a vassal of Ghenghis he also had to declare war at you.
As Washinghton was at war with HC before his destruction, HC automatically declared war on Mao. As Ghenghis can't have two vaslas waring with each other, one had to break free and declare war on Ghenghis too.
So actually the AIs couldn't do anything against it, it was just an automatic snowball effect.

Quite strange things can happen because of that bug. :lol:

Otherwise nice game :goodjob:

Yea that makes sense .. I can tell you I was confused when it happened. :lol:

Great thread, inspired me to start my own walkthrough thread to give something back to the community.

But... there was a moustache left alive at the end... what were you thinking?

I could've done a conquest but it was 1982AD already and moving all these units can get tedious. Good luck with your game. :)

Nice solid game :goodjob: . I usually avoid warmongering early on due to the painful upkeep , instead concentrating on early liberalism . Nice recovery after the tech hole . Btw what happened to corporations , no one found them due to GP requirement?.

Well this was the first game for me where I intentionally skipped liberalism as well. :mischief: As for corps I was in state property.

This is a very nice read indeed, showing a noob like me what am doing wrong, therefore learning a lot from intelligent players. I would be very interested in reading more of this type of threads, and learning from players of this level. :)

I have one question though. How come you have an 'at a glance' diplomatic screen? I have no such thing in my game. Is it a mod?

The 3.13 patch of BtS took it out, it was in the unpatched BtS.

Bhruic's patch puts it back in, as does the HOF mod (which is what I use). (See the CivIV Hall of Fame link from the links bar at the top).

If you only have Vanilla or Warlords, the HOF mod is what you are after again.

Ah cool thnx...

I think I have Bruic but I do not see the at a glance option...

Also I'd like to know how I can get those numbers in the bars in the city production... thingy. In the name of a city you can see an orange and a blue bar. The screenies show numbers there.

That's in the options screen... detailed city view or something like that.

I haven't got Bhruic's patch. The HOF mod has it, which is what I use.BurN was playing unpatched BtS I think.

Ah cool thnx...

I think I have Bruic but I do not see the at a glance option...

Also I'd like to know how I can get those numbers in the bars in the city production... thingy. In the name of a city you can see an orange and a blue bar. The screenies show numbers there.

See this is what I thought as well. The glance is there so I think Bhruic's patch works. I don't know anymore and I've been too lazy to try install it again so far. :lol:

As for the turns in the city bars, it's as Paradigm says it's somewhere in the options menu. I think it's a must to time buildings/growth/techs.

See this is what I thought as well. The glance is there so I think Bhruic's patch works. I don't know anymore and I've been too lazy to try install it again so far. :lol:

As for the turns in the city bars, it's as Paradigm says it's somewhere in the options menu. I think it's a must to time buildings/growth/techs.
Thanks for the reply. I have found the option of showing numbers, but I can't seem to get the at a glance overview to work.

It does not matter much, but I am kinda disappointed they left such a good option out of the game.

I am close to finally reading the whole thread through - work and gf demand so much time that it took me a week and a half or so to read through this entire thread. :lol:

I am glad I finally read through most of it. Seeing a great player like BurN is really helping my own game, as I am finally playing a game on prince in which my own position is looking decent. :D

:bowdown: to BurN and his writing and teachings!

Apparently, the glance table was "ugly". Unlike Hammurabi's moustache, which is splendid!

Top Bottom