Immortal University Bullpen

Wait? Not cooked leaders too? Oh no, just makes my plan against the rules.. Well, I can survive from that. About the map type of Boudica map: I'd like to vote for the Highlands map, even though I don't know what do you mean with "global".

OMG OMG :hammer2:

Indeed, Genghis WAS played! How did I miss it? Not that I'm searching for excuses, but search function doesn't let the use of keywords shorter than 3 characters.. :mischief: And I was on the break from Civ that month, so I didn't know it was played. Izuul, why didn't you remind me? And why didn't you continue?

Thanks Robert FIN, cause of that you get the permission to cook them leaders - just be careful that you don't mess up the balance, like create a kitty cat surrounded by bulldogs or something. :lol:

Fixed! I hope I didn't miss anything else!

EDIT: This is the example of Global Highlands - it's different map type than Highlands. It creates...well, a lot of hills :) (and usually more mountains than in this example - depending on settings)
Spoiler :

Great, I can keep the plan. It will be balanced, not very much Kitty Cats there but not too much Montylike people either. And I'll keep the vote for G-Hi'Lands. It looks fun. GH: 1 Fractal: 0 Hemispheres: 0.

I didn't continue because i wasn't able to play civ for 2 or 3 months.

I'm going to vote for Fractal as long as it doesn't give us an isolated start.

17 hours left to vote:
Let's see what people want:
  1. Hemispheres
  2. Fractal
  3. Global Highlands
Most votes in next 48 hours wins! :devil:
I vote for Hemispheres, even though I'd like to play Global Highlands - but I guess it won't be as fun playing now when I'll create a map. :devil:

We are tied so far! Next vote is deciding one!

I don't have a computer that can play Civ IV yet. I am hoping to rig something together by this weekend and shake the rust off with a good ole' IU game. So I vote Global Highlands and hope I can get to play. :)

People of the Forum have voted! :culture::trumpets::culture:

IU 100 Boudica will be played on Global Highlands map type!

IU 100 must be a sign. This is the new beginning of IU! Long live the Immortal University!!! Good luck Dubioza :)!

Crap. :lol:

I can't make regular Immortal CivBeyondSwordSave file. When I lock it with password, interface dies and it seems BUG is not recognized.

I guess the process of making IU games is not completely the same as for NC - I guess I should've created game on Immortal level, not Noble and work from there.

I apologize for that and I hope Immortals won't mind adding techs to barbs this once. :sad:

Crap. :lol:

I can't make regular Immortal CivBeyondSwordSave file. When I lock it with password, interface dies and it seems BUG is not recognized.

I guess the process of making IU games is not completely the same as for NC - I guess I should've created game on Immortal level, not Noble and work from there.

I apologize for that and I hope Immortals won't mind adding techs to barbs this once. :sad:
Doesn't it work if you just do a regular BTS save? (as if it were your game)

That way you give the choice to people between starting a WB game where they'll have to add the Barb techs and just loading a regular BTS save file (I don't understand why you want to lock it)

IU 99
Don't forget to add the appropriate Barbarian starting techs for your difficulty level in the worldbuilder. If you need instructions for this check out the first post in any of the Noble's Club game threads.

[...]

There is also an initial Immortal/Normal autosave which is much more convenient since you can avoid all the worldbuilder shenanigans.

AFAIK you have to lock it because on loading screen you would have option to play as any civ in the game, not just Celts. And you could choose difficulty.

O wow that actually works! :hammer2:

TYTYTY! :worship:

I don't know why I thought it wouldn't. I tried it earlier and it didn't. Ohh well, feel free to ignore last few posts. :lol:

So anyone creating IU games and starting with Noble save like I did, just open Immortal save you've created (IU XXX Name Immortal.CivBeyondSwordWBSave) via Play Scenario (select Immortal difficulty on Loading Screen), add techs to barbs (Agriculture, Hunting & Archery) and simply save it.
Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one.

Immortal University 100 - Boudica is up! Have fun!

For future games, can anyone (Izuul, or anyone who knows) explain the process of making WB saves when game is initially created on Immortal level? And apparently with NHNE? Only the difference with NC's guide.

Thanks in advance!

For future games, can anyone (Izuul, or anyone who knows) explain the process of making WB saves when game is initially created on Immortal level? And apparently with NHNE? Only the difference with NC's guide.

Thanks in advance!
Actually it probably is more efficient to start from a Noble save because it's easier to manipulate the WB file by adding techs to the AIs rather than having to delete them without actually deleting the different starting techs of each civ. (huh? :lol:)

Basically adding is easier than deleting :)

Actually it probably is more efficient to start from a Noble save because it's easier to manipulate the WB file by adding techs to the AIs rather than having to delete them without actually deleting the different starting techs of each civ. (huh? :lol:)

Basically adding is easier than deleting :)
Exactly! I just want to know easiest approach of the inverted process. :)

Exactly! I just want to know easiest approach of the inverted process. :)
Just use exactly the same process as Nobles Club. To avoid people having to use WorldBuilder you could also load the Immortal save in Vanilla BTS (no mods) and save it having added the techs for Immortal, I think that way people can play it with any mod they want. Once I've finished NC Boudica I'll have aplay and write proper instructions if you want.

Top Bottom