Imperium Offtopicum IX

Claims:

RP later

Three explores looked at the sea. One of them, Juan (who was the smart one) looked out and said "Look over here guys! We now have the entire land mass to our selves!" The second explorer told the third one "Hey, maybe we can ditch this guy and claim the reward for ourselves."

"No way!" Said the third explorer. "We can not betray our friend like this. Well, not at this time anyway."

"Why not?" Said the second explorer.

"Because Reggie, if we do, then he's going to die. And I don't want that on my record. In all of my years exploring, I have never had a fellow explorer die."

"Well, if that's what you want Mac." Said Reggie. "But, Juan is getting a little too crazy for comfort."

"Yes. He has become mentally unstable ever since we've started this journey." Said Mac with an uneasy tone. Just then, Juan did something that surprised the both of them; he ran towards the edge of the cliff, and with a loud scream said
"here I come my brothers!!!" And plunged into the ocean below.

"Oh. My. God!" Screamed the two others still in shock as to what just happened. As they frantically searched for his body, nothing was found. Not even a clue.

"Its like he just disappeared!" Exclaimed Reggie. Just then, a huge wave came crashing down on the bank. Reggie and Mac disappeared as well and the three explorers were never heard from again.........

And now my claims (claims in light blue):

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Aussieland 2.jpg
    Aussieland 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 373
Sindhustan, can I request that you do not expand westwards? We promise not to expand into India if you agree. Here is the proposed line of demarcation (and also my claims for the turn [demarcation is in dark blue, claims in light]):
Are you proposing that I do not expand into the dark blue or that I do not expand past the dark blue?

The Centennial Phoenix finally arrived into downtown New Port City after traveling lightyears from Solitude, Nova Terra. The starship landed at the heleport and minutes later, the newly elected Chancellor of the Republic, Hanna Antilles landed and disembarked from her personal ship. Hanna, flanked by Tifa Lockhart and a protocall droid, looked at the cityscape. The old city of Tokyo and Kyoto reminded Hanna of the galactic capital on Solitude back on Nova Terra.

"Hanna" Tifa said as the trio walked down the stairs "We need to establish diplomatic relations with nations in the Pacific Realm"

Hanna, paused for a moment "I take it were not alone on this planet. I thought whatever caused the world to go into a blank slate".

Tifa nodded to the Chancellor, then continued onward to the Chancellery in New Port City. Hanna was informed of the The Mystic Lands of Hawai, Aussieland, and Democratic Kampuchea. "They should be our first priority as we expand. We should remain with friendly relations with each other." Hanna then looks towards the skyline facing west, then started their trek to the Chancellery. "Tifa, I'd like you to take my ship, the Centennial Phoenix and make a trek across the Pacific Realm to establish diplomatic relations."

"I will get on it" Tifa said, then returned back to the Centennial Phoenix.

Diplomacy:
Offer Trade & NAPs to the following nations:
The Mystic Lands of Hawai
Aussieland
Democratic Kampuchea

"FEGELEIN!!" barked Hitler as he strode into the hall.

Fegelein glanced up nonchalant from his comfortable perch on the sofa. "Problem, old man?"

"What the hell!" he shouted, brandishing a map of the starting claims. "Why couldn't you have picked a better location than this?! Right-frigging-next to Denmark; are you trying to lose us this game?"

"We got Prussia, though, didn't we? Would you rather have started in Argentina like a typical wise-ass?"

"At least Argentina could expand uninterrupted," the Führer retorted. "Who the flying <redacted> has to negotiate lebensraum at this stage of the game?"

"Quite a few; if you'd taken the time to learn the history of IOT, you'd know North America's fate is set in stone within the first five turns. You should consider yourself lucky nobody went for Poland."

"Consider my boot up your ass if you <redacted> our claims up again," he snapped.

"Speaking of ass-kicking, shouldn't you be brushing up on your Super Hitler Kart skills? I believe I'm scheduled to pwn you again in a couple of hours."

With a huff, Hitler spun on his heels and marched back to his office. Rounding a corner, he nearly collided with Burgdorf. "Ah," he said, briefly regaining his composure, "Call up whoever's in charge of Denmark and let's see if we can't secure a non-aggression treaty. Like hell I'm letting Fegelein screw us over this early."

Without waiting for a reply, he continued down the hall. Burgdorf approached Fegelein. "He has a point about the claims," he said.

"You don't win if you don't take risks," he shrugged. "If we left it to him, we wouldn't claim anything beyond this bunker."

"Point," concede Burgdorf, taking a seat beside the Obergruppenführer. "So, you gonna school him in Super Hitler Kart tonight?"

The Denmarji Horde will accept a non aggression pact with Untergang.

We offer NAP and trade to all nations in Asia as well as all nations along the Indian Ocean coast.

The Republic accepts the offer

For a nation that's basing itself on the last days of the Third Reich, Downfall is sure poised to become the strongest of the nations on the map. :p

Economics 101: Humans respond to incentives.

Even simple trade agreements can score RP points. Generally, the more effort you put in(detailing agreements, more in depth diplomacy, narratives, anything that takes more than a few moments) the more RP points you can score.

The Conference room was stuffy and oppressive. Jaij Cingjo, Moqrak diplomat for this meeting, stood by the towering window. It was much hotter there, but he could see the lake, and better imagine the cool water waiting for him when this meeting was over... The doors of the room swished open with a muffled swoosh. Jaij turned quickly, and pushed all thoughts of cool, cool water to the back of his mind.

"Madam Zanzibar Diplomat, Mister Zulu Diplomat. Welcome to Moqrak City. Please, sit." The diplomats from the various nations sat, and when they has settled heavily in their chairs, so did Jaij. He began, "As you know, the continent of Africa was one of the hardest hit by the Catastrophe." The diplomats nodded darkly. "Well, the Emperor feels that we must prevent a recurrence at all costs. Therefore, he has instructed me to present you with a proposal."

Both diplomats inclined their heads his way. They were fully focused on him now. "I have been instructed to offer your nations (Zanzibar, New Zulu) trade treaties, and invite you formally to a Covference on Africa's future to be held here in Moqrak City."

The Zulu diplomat addressed Jaij forcefully. "We will have to consult our governments."

"I understand." Jaij just couldn't wait to get to the lake.

Bhumiratha was a prince of Sindhusthana, the land of the Sindhi. His uncle was Shri Devamitra II, the King of Sindhusthana and a fearsome yet reasonable man.

He was called to the Royal Palace in Karachi by his uncle to perform an important task. When he arrived, the guards directed him into the King's quarters, where Bhumiratha found his uncle playing chaturanga by himself. King Devamitra took notice of his arrival and began to speak.

"Ah, my nephew. Your travel was safe, I hope. There is a task which must be trusted to you. You must lead some number of our people, I'm not exactly sure who, to claim the land around Haridwar as our own."

"The holy site? Of course, Your Majesty," replied Bhumiratha.

"We have not finished. Here is why I must have someone I trust. You must also bring to us Baluchisthana (Balochistan) and Pathanisthana (Pasthunistan)," continued the King.

"But has not the Persian government asked us not to claim these lands? Would we not upset them?"

"The Persians have said little and explained less. If the Persian government is unwilling to clarify their intentions, then we cannot possibly judge them. These lands were once part of the Indus Valley Civilization, who were Sindhi people, not Persian. They were also part of the Mauryan Empire under Ashoka."

"Ashoka, though Great, was not Sindhi, uncle."

"And he was also not Persian, nephew," said the King. "The Seleucid Empire did not own these lands, nor the Khwarezmids, yet these are the great Persian dynasties.
The people who reside in those regions are not Persian, but the Baluchi (Baloch) and Pathani (Pashtuns), who are both very close culturally to the Sindhi people.

Therefore, it is our nation which has the legitimate right to them. There is no reason to be upset by this action.

But we are still just and fair. We shall offer them a treaty that would promise non-hostility towards their people as well as promote commerce between our nations, which may calm their fears. In fact, send this message to every nation that borders the Indian Ocean, as well as those who reside in the region of Eastern Asia. Now be swift, nephew, as I have many other plans."

And so Bhumiratha set off for these lands, which would soon become under the rule of the most noble and tranquil Sindhusthana.

Spoiler :
OOC: Please change my country's name to Sindhusthana.

To: Untergang Would you be interested in Danisj petroleum in exchange for iron ore?

To: Most Interesting Nation in the Worldistan Would you be interested in Danisj gravel n exchange for grapes?

All into claims.
Spoiler :

Ejiki Yaqesh, the New Zulu representative, took his seat in the conference. His palms were sweaty, in the hopes he would get a good amount of land for the New Zulu Empire to claim. Jaij Cingjo, the Moqrak representative, was a friend of his. The Zanzibar representative, whom he had absent-mindedly forgot their name, seemed to be running late.

Cingjo had started the conference by giving her idea of what the zones should be. After a bit of thought, Yaqesh responded with his idea. He proposed basically what Cingjo had, but in his idea each power got more land to claim.

The conference ended well, with one of the proposals being decided on. As Yaqesh exited the room, he hoped the Zulu Empire would accept the claims. Wait, he knew they would.

10/20 orders in. Orders will lock in 48 hours.

To: Untergang Would you be interested in Danisj petroleum in exchange for iron ore?
War materials for war materials! What an ingenious idea!

The Czech is in the mail. He should provide the goods.

The Centennial Phoenix arrives into the city of Sydney, Aussieland. Hanna's assistant, Tifa Lockhart, along with a Republic Diplomat disembarked the ship and met with the Aussieland's emissaries. The two exchanged greetings.

"I'm here on behalf of the Republic of Coruscant to offer the people of Aussieland a trade deal and a NAP" Tifa said as she hands the Aussieland diplomat the tablet for him to sign. "Chancellor Hanna thought it would be best for both of our nations to foster and forge a healthy relationship between each other."

The Aussieland diplomat looks at the tablet interface, ready to make his signature "I'm sure both the Republic and the Aussieland would look forward to a healthy trading relationship in the future." The diplomat then signs on the dotted line on the tablet interface and returns the device back to Tifa.

"I'm sure eventually, we might form a pan-Pacific alliance sometime in the future" Tifa said with a smile.

"I hope so as well" The Aussieland diplomat said as Tifa returns back aboard the Centennial Phoenix.

Meanwhile, back in New Port City. Chancellor Hanna received an unexpected guest. Bhumiratha from the Most Tranquil Kingdom of Sindhustan.

"What brings you to the Republic..." Hanna said

"Oh, forgive me madam. I am Bhumiratha prince of Sindhusthana, the land of the Sindhi. I was sent here on behalf of the Most Tranquil Kingdom of Sindhustan" Sindustan said while taking a bow towards the Chancellor. He then straightened himself up and offered Hanna the proposal "Madam, the Most Tranquil Kingdom of Sindhustan wishes to offer to the Republic a trade deal and a Non-Aggression Pact."

Hanna thought for a moment, knowing that the Sindhustan is too far from the Asian manland to be of an issue. Then smiled at the Sindhustan prince "We would be happy to accept these deals."

"Excellent" Bhumiratha said in joy passes the parchment paper to the Chancellor for her to sign. Hanna signs the document itself then asks her Secretary of State to copy it into the Foreign Affairs database.

Elsewhere, the Kure Naval Arsenal launched a Ragnarok-Class Super Battleship christened the Yamato. The Yamato's sister ship, the Ayane is expected to be launched within a month or two. The Yamato takes it's named sake from the Japanese World War II Battleship. The Republic, situated in the Japanese Islands, has placed importance on being a seafaring nation and importance in maritime traditions. This has come as a non-issue due to the spacefaring experience the Republic has gained during the time of the Cataclysm.

Top Bottom