Imperium Offtopicum: Valkyrie

I did, but I distinctly remember having all of Prussia in the very first map you posted.

Greece-Serbia is hideous.

Rally in Caracas said:
Comrades in arms! We have, despite our inferior numbers and technology, fought the filthy Americans to a standstill! Every man, woman, and child who died on the beaches, defending their ideals, their brothers, and their land are hereby declared Heroes of the Republic! Any and all who fight and give their lives in the defense of our glorious paradise will be remembered forever, in the annals of our glorious history, as the Protectors of Liberty!

We have all fought courageously against the imperialist scum who dare tread on our sacred soil, who dare attack a nation for their own choices! Any man, woman, or child who can hold a weapon is expected to give their life defending your nation; defending your families. The American troops who have landed here are not "liberators" or "spreaders of democracy," as any of them claim to be - they will enter your home, kill your sons, and brothers, and uncles, and fathers and rape your mothers, your wives, your daughters. Are we to allow such a barbarous enemy to exist? Are we to let them roll over us? No! We must force them back to the sea, and by God, I know that my mighty Venezuelan warriors can damn well do it!

Storm clouds darken our horizons, my comrades; but we shall perservere; we shall endure this test, for the glory of our homes and our comrades! Fight for liberty, fight for your brothers and sisters in arms! Die for Venezuela and our beliefs!

Speech given by Premier Gomez in front of a large crowd of Venezuelans in Caracas.

Extract from a speech by Olga Benares, a quickly rising star within the PCB:

...Turning once again, and this time more generally, to the question of invasion, I would observe that there has never been a period in all these long years of which Brasil could boast when an absolute guarantee against war, still less against serious raids, could have been given to our people. In the days of Napoleon, of which I was speaking just now, the same wind which would have carried João VI's luxurious ships across the ocean has carried enemy battleships to our shores. There was always the chance, and it is that chance which has excited and befooled the imaginations of many Northern tyrants. Many are the tales that are told. We are assured that novel methods will be adopted, and when we see the originality of malice, the ingenuity of aggression, which our enemy displays, we may certainly prepare ourselves for every kind of novel stratagem and every kind of brutal and treacherous manœuvre. I think that no idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered and viewed with a searching, but at the same time, I hope, with a steady eye. We must never forget the solid assurances of military power and those which belong to air power if it can be locally exercised.

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves again able to defend our fatherland, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the PCB — every one of us. That is the will of Congress and the nation. The People's Republic of Brasil and the Republic of Venezuela, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

Even though large tracts of land have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Americans and all the odious apparatus of corporatist rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in the jungles, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our nation, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

ELECTION RESULTS ARE IN!
The Sikkim Democrat front won a landslide victory, with 10 seats in the Low council and a corresponding 5 in the High Council. Jawaharial Shastri was chosen to become prime minister. Further seats are allotted as thus:
Low Council: 4 DFP (Populist), 3 SLP (Conservative), 2 SCP (Communist), 1 BUP (Unification)
High Council: 2 DFP, 2 SLP, 1 SCP. BUP did not make it into the High Council.
However, in the North and East of Sikkim*, elected onto the council were mainly SCP with SDF and DFP minorities respectively, while in the South and West the SDF and DFP parties have majorities respectively, where the minorities are a mix-n-match.

A first reform of the new government is the Tea Production Reforms (INVEST 1 EP into economy).
Furthermore, the government applauds Modernization and tries to push toward it (OOC: How do you do this? Invest EPs?).
Sikkim also takes close interest in the events in South America.

*this really exists, I kid you not, Sikkim is actually divided into districts.

Results of the General Election of December 1926

Party | Lijsttrekker | Votes | Seats | Votes % RKSP |Willem Hubert Nolens|1356773|30|30.1%
SDAP |Jan Fortuijn|1105464|25|24.5%
ARP |Henrikus Colijn|588960|13|12.7%
CHU |Jan de Schokking|487186|11|10.8%
LSP |Anton van Gijn|406683|9|9.1%
VDB |Henri Marchant|248664|6|5.5%
SGP |Gerrit Kersten|85448|2|1.9%
PB |Arend Braat|64987|1|1.4%
HGSP |Casper Lingbeek|52755|1|1.2%
RKVP |Pius Aarts|51064|1|1.1%
CPH |Lou de Visser|48812|1|1.1%
Total ||4496795|100|100%
Invalid ||23869||0.3%
Turnout ||4520664||63.7%

The Minister-President of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is now His Excellency Willem Hubert Nolens of the Rooms-Katholieke Staatspartij.
Sic dixit populus et vivat Batavia!

United Kingdom of Greece and Serbia (UKGS):

King Alexander I of Greece and Serbia, united the Greek and Serbian people in one state. The new state is a Federal Constitutional Monarchy. Greeks and Serbians have a long history of friendship. Together, we can create a new Golden Age for the Balkans.

Long Live King Alexander!!

I should point out that as I stopped paying France money, I have 2 more and they have 2 less this turn. Nedim just didn't notice that I did until we pointed it out in chat for five minutes.

Speaking of which, how much did my popularity rise?

Greece- You owe me 7 EP this turn. Just thought you should know.

I just took a loan from Helvetia and I will be able to pay you.

Greece, remember to pay me 1 EP.

Top Bottom