Improvements, features etc.

@hrochland

Can you edit topic title please because now we have here much more than seafactory improvement graphic ;)

Wonderful, thank you!

hrochland, do you think you could try your hand at a Crop Circle improvement? maybe something like this or this. I don't know if it's possible to make it seem to be "cut" into a Farm crop field, but if so it would be intergalactically cool! :scan::king:

It is important, what is your idea. Do you want circle or pattern in Wheat, or model, which replaces the wheat, or the model should be in a different field than corn, or just a simple flat model and the circle or shape appears only by texture?
As game resolution would suggest the last option, but not against a more complex solution :)

Attachments

• kruhy.rar
    81 KB · Views: 281
Tried your everest in game but it is a red blob :D

It is important, what is your idea. Do you want circle or pattern in Wheat, or model, which replaces the wheat, or the model should be in a different field than corn, or just a simple flat model and the circle or shape appears only by texture?
As game resolution would suggest the last option, but not against a more complex solution :)
Cool thanks hroch :king: I'd be happy with anything you think looks good & is easy to do.. I'd planned on using the Civ4 Modern Farm graphics for regular Farms, then having a version with the crop plots (crops_w.nif) containing Crop Circles. :scan: It could probably be a simple reskin, but if you think it would look best slightly raising/modifying the nif texture to be more noticeable (or even cut into Wheat) that could be awesome too :)

@ Platy
This means that in a directory with model you have not texture. It is also possible that I have not added it to the package . I'll check that :)

@ orlanth
I try to play with it a while :)

Hrochland, I'm wondering if you could give me some advice on how to fix a problem with shadows in Nifskope. This first picture shows your wharenui model (thank you again!). I've rotated it and added some ground, but as you can see in the picture the shadows on the roof and the porch haven't rotated and look strange:

This second picture is of a Tepui model I found somewhere in these forums. In the picture you can see much of the texture has been blackened, presumably by shadows again. I've attached this model to this post if it helps.

Can I fix these problems in nifskope? What do I need to do? I'd like to rotate the shadowing, make it less strong on the Tepui, or perhaps disable the effect altogether.

Attachments

• Wharenui.jpg
    Wharenui.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 532
  • Tepui.jpg
    Tepui.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 522
  • Auyantepui.zip
    172.2 KB · Views: 142
Yes. This you can solve in NS. Render -) Settings -) Materials
Here is what you're looking for :)
Nice Christmas holidays