In Which we Discuss Avatars and Custom User Titles V

What the hell am I looking at here...

I finally realized I uploaded my old avie size. But it's just as well because I may be phasing this one out, in search of something new.

Greetings,

In this thread (although I am sure there are duplicates), let us discuss our own avatars in general.

Who or what is your avatar? I'm sure many people look at various avatars and ponder "I wonder who that is", while others (like me) just ignore it and push it back in their minds, thinking "I'm probably dumb for not knowing who that is".

Why did you choose that avatar? Why have you chosen to use the avatar that you have? What's the significance?

I will start.

My avatar is of General Erwin Rommel. He was a general for Germany during World War II, and he's mostly renown for leading the North African campaign. Nicknamed "the desert fox", he was famous for his cunning and great strategical mind, and infamous for his rejection of Nazi fascism and racism. I could go further in detail, but if you're truly interested, you can visit the local Wikipedia page or something similar. I personally "fell in love" with the man after reading a sort-of biography.

Why do I have Rommel as my avatar? A lot of reasons, mostly complex, but I can boil it down to basically the admittance that things aren't always the way they seem. Not all Germans in WWII were evil. Rommel is an example of a good guy on the other side of the fence. And I think that stands for something, it represents something. Again, most of which I can't really explain directly. Not to mention that he's my favourite general.

Share your avatar's significance (if any).

it's pennywise's symbol. melodic punk hardcore band, with great riffs and lyrics. I find intelligent, thoughtful lyrics to be crucial in my enjoyment of a song. which is why my favourite band is Bad Religion, but their symbol:

Spoiler :

is quite possibly offensive to some, so I figured I'd avoid issues in the first place and just choose #2.

David Bowie + Hamlet

Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning?

Mine is currently a sexy girl.. im not sure how long she will stick about.. but it is a trend i will stick with for a while (unless i recycle old ones)

My avatar is the elder sign (star version, which is better). It protects me from various cosmic horrors, and communism.

The University of Planet marches on in its quest for infinite knowledge and establishing its presence everywhere.

Mine is the badge of Finnish recon (and sissi) troops, styled in black and white to represent armored recon.

It's there to commemorate my year's service, which was one of the grandest times in my life and changed me in good ways.

My avatar is of a Mr. Thomas Earl Petty. or "Tom Petty." I chose it because I like it.

Who or what is your avatar? The actress (Lexa Doig) who plays the android Andromeda (or Rommie) in a sci-fi series of the same name a few years back, although in my current avatar she's actually in a different more recent series.

Why did you choose that avatar? It goes with my user title "Artificially Intelligent", and she's hot, and she's using a pistol. "Artificially Intelligent" is a term I'd use to describe myself (and some other people here) in that we use websearching to improve on our knowledge and understanding when engaging in discussion here, generally sounding (and legitimately becoming) much more well-informed than we were prior to doing so. Also, I enjoy looking at hot women - particularly ones with an off switch, and my avatar is as good a place as any to display one. Also, I'm a gun nut. :)

particularly ones with an off switch

Perhaps this is the source of being interested in stuff like a "safety word".

Mine is (for the time being) Archduke Franz Ferdinand, I picked this one because I thought it was funny.

Top Bottom