In Which we Discuss Avatars and Custom User Titles V

Who or what is your avatar? The actress (Lexa Doig) who plays the android Andromeda (or Rommie) in a sci-fi series of the same name a few years back, although in my current avatar she's actually in a different more recent series.

That's Lexa Doig? I really should have noticed.

Anyway, didn't you use to have an Asian woman as your avatar? Who was that?

edit: or perhaps she was a regular brunette??

It's my default avatar. I sometimes switch around, but this is my default. It's indicative of the power of the USA and why we get to give the finger to the UN. (see sig!)

I might change mine to a hawk (instead of eagle) with a flag background. I'm a patriot and a hawk, but the eagle might portray nationalism as much as hawkism and I'm not a nationalist.

I'll be on the lookout for some flag + hawk pics.

Mine is a llama on Isla Del Sol in Lake Titicaca, Bolivia. It is part of a picture I took on a trip there.

Mine was the Cascadian Separatist flag but I like crows so I put a crow poking its head out.

Mine is Frank Sinatra. I like Sinatra's music, sure: he's one of my favorite singers. His music gave confidence years ago when I needed it. I like the avatar itself because Frank is "looking up". I'm optimistic about where I'm going in life.

Of course, at the moment he has a Santa hat because I haven't bothered taking off my Christmas avatar. :lol:

particularly ones with an off switch

Perhaps this is the source of being interested in stuff like a "safety word".

:lol: All I'll concede is that the two are related, perhaps even intertwined. :mischief:

That's Lexa Doig? I really should have noticed.

Anyway, didn't you use to have an Asian woman as your avatar? Who was that?

edit: or perhaps she was a regular brunette??

Ah, yeah, you're talking about Boomer (among other names), a Cylon in Battlestar Galactica. I had her as an avatar for a stretch, and also Six for a little while, too.

Edvard Beneš, Leader of the President of Czechoslovakia, then leader of the Czech Resistance during WWII, and then president of Czechoslovakia. I found the guy after a wiki-walk. I think it started with the Nazis, moved onto Reinhard Heydrich (Who would have made a nice avatar if he wasn't the architect of the Holocaust), from there to the Czech Resistance, and then Edvard Beneš himself. Also stumbled across František Moravec, who, while not avatar material, was an under appreciated badass of WWII.

In case you're sensing a theme here, or you've been stalking me around the internet (in which case, bully good job!) I like using black & white (or sepia tone) photos of semi-obscure world leaders as avatars. We could speculate on some psychological motivation for all this, my pathological need to feel world and superior, a desire for respect, yadaya,but really, I just picked up the habit when playing Nation States, where practically everyone does that, and continued it. And old photographs simply have more class than modern ones that show you every zit and nose hair.

Mine's a button from my civ IV mod

[/advert]

I made a few other similar ones including a para, so I might change it to that

Dutch flag + fire = dutchfire

Who or what is your avatar? Samus Aran rendered in Fallout 3 armed with a classic P94 Plasma Rifle seen in Fallout Tactics (not the bulky P94 from Fallout 1 & 2)

Why did you choose that avatar? Heck, I like sci-fi babes with guns

PS: Don't we already have a thread similar to this, also discussing our titles as well?

Mine is Jerry Garcia, famous guitarist and front man of the band "Grateful Dead" who are my favorite musical group of all time. I use it because he is my favorite rock guitarist, and his music and philosophical views had a large influence on who I am as a person today (musical tastes, fixation with 60s anything, etc.) and the way he looks in this particular shot is quite nice (and you gotta admit, a young skinny Jerry is way more pleasing to the eyes than a old fat Jerry)

When I made the decision to move away from the stock CfC avatar, I originally wanted to do a George Harrison avatar as he is my favorite Beatle, but I think there's someone on here who already uses George as his avatar, so I opted for Jerry instead.

Picture I found of Tom Servo from the show Mystery Science Theater 3000. An awesome, awesome, awesome tv show. No longer with us :sad:
Happily, its spirit lives on in the form of 10 part/episode Youtube clips.

Top Bottom