Influx of New Info

Yes, according to the description it should work as the culture bomb does now.
edit: And it keeps it current abilities.

Makes sense that the Citadel deals -3HP (-30HP in GaK) to adjacent enemy units in your territory, so it logically expands this territory. Nice.

But they NEED to give Great Artists a new ability. Maybe contributing a lot of culture to Social Policies? Like in Civ 4, Great Artists generated a couple thousand culture points.

With the weakening of Piety (culture and faith share one tree) and Freedom being pushed back to Industrial, I hope Great Artists have a better special ability.

Good that someone else could do it, because my connection is a bit weak for the HD stream :/.

mmhh...that means they'll have to change the ability of the great artists, right?

I hope so . . . that would improve the GA and the Citadel at the same time. Pretty clever really.

Archer is strength 5, ranged strength 7 (I assume penalty vs. cities), Trireme is strength 10, Spear is strength 11.

I like the faith icon for purchases. I thought that was a nice touch. I wonder how it works in practice.

Yes, according to the description it should work as the culture bomb does now.
edit: And it keeps it current abilities.

first AI civ to do that to me is going to die horrible, horribly.

The tooltip for the last promotion (the grappling hook) is "Entermannschaft I: +15% Kämpfstarke in Nahkampf gegen Marineeinheiten", which roughly translates to: "Boarding party I: +15% combat strength in melee against naval units."

The video shows a Trireme attacking as a melee unit, though the combat animations shown are the same ones it has currently (the Trireme and barbarian Galley exchange arrow fire).

HD Stream has new promotions for Melee naval, could a german speaker translate this?

Entermannschaft I
+15% :c5strength: Kampfstärke im Nahkampf gegen Marineeinheiten.

I'm pretty sure this is +15% combat strength against maritime units, but just thought I'd double check and get confirmation on the name

EDIT:: Just noticed Arioch posted ahead of me. Okay, how about guilds:

"Die Händlersind gekommen. Ihre Gewinne sind vorherbestimmt" - Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Makes sense that the Citadel deals -3HP (-30HP in GaK) to adjacent enemy units in your territory, so it logically expands this territory. Nice.

But they NEED to give Great Artists a new ability. Maybe contributing a lot of culture to Social Policies? Like in Civ 4, Great Artists generated a couple thousand culture points.

I think it needs to be like scientists in Civ IV, it was EITHER one free tech OR a fixed number of beakers, whichever as less. If it's only beakers you can get five techs with an early GS, if it's only a free tech you just pop them in the modern era. Same thing for social policies, enough culture to get the next one OR a fixed amount toward another, whichever is less.

I think it needs to be like scientists in Civ IV, it was EITHER one free tech OR a fixed number of beakers, whichever as less. If it's only beakers you can get five techs with an early GS, if it's only a free tech you just pop them in the modern era. Same thing for social policies, enough culture to get the next one OR a fixed amount toward another, whichever is less.

Hmm, this is something I had in mind, but couldn't formulate. This was one of the best features of Great People in Civ4 that I lack in Civ5.

And did I read it right that a Citadel can also be placed 1 tile next to your borders? (and then have another ring of tiles around it as mentioned earlier here)?

The Catapult now has +200% against citites, but it looks like the Great General bonus has been decreased to +15% (same for the Great Admiral).

It seems that that's the way they found to nerf the efficiency of Siege units against units(it was necessary,because the damage of an Artillary against units was godly powerful) .

maybe it's a selective bonus now, I can't believe they are making GG essentially useless for combat.

Do you mean that Siege units receive a different combat bonus,when close to a GG,compared to Meele/Ranged/Mounted units?

Top Bottom