1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Info Thread: Rise of the Shogunate

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Gen. Rommel, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

It's a very very incomplete pedia though, so you'll still have to do some work on it if you wish it to be fully completed :)

2. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

^ Yeah I know, the CivPedia they included in the Sengoku mod was actually absolute rubbish. All they really changed I believe was the civ entries for the different clans. The unit entries were mostly just taken from the epic game, for instance the Ashigaru, which used the same entry as the epic game swordsman. But as I said, this saves me a lot of translating work, and it DOES at least give me a base from which I can build up rather than having to establish a foundation myself first.

3. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

Very true :)

4. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

From what I've seen, all the clans just have the Japan entry.

5. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

Ehhh, no matter, since that's one of the easiest things to look up on the internet. Doing all the units and buildings will be the most work.

6. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

7. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

You should use Ogedai's Japanese cities for your mod. I think they are much better than Firaxis generic Asian ones.

8. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

Already one step ahead of ya SoG! I added them a few weeks ago, and indeed, they are a billion times better than the pathetic Firaxis ones. Thanks to Ogedei for making them! :goodjob:

9. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

Here's a pic of the new Fuji-yama graphic I just finished which I'll be using in my scenario:

Here's the link to the download thread in case someone wants to use it!

10. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

the more i look at this the more I want to try it out...

11. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

Well, I would say that's a good sign...but then again, I hope it isn't more hype than it can handle...that would be bad. :sad:

But no matter, I will give it my best shot to fulfill everyone's expectations.

12. TopGun

TopGun 258 kills

I'm sure with your dedication and love of Japan, this will turn out just fine! :) :thumbsup:

13. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

^ That boosts my confidence greatly! Thanks man! :king:

14. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

We want more screenies! ;)

15. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

All in due time, since I work day and night to get this project completed bit by bit. My real work is always a serious obstacle though, as is other RL stuff...but do know, I work whenever I can on this.

I'll try to get some new pics up soon...

16. Vuistbaron

Vuistbaron Chieftain

Hey guys...
    Gen. Rommel, I must say I eagerly await the completion of this scenario! Sengoku is easily the best scenario in Conquests, but at the same time it kinda sucks real bad.

I especially like the new leaderheads, is there anyway you could release them already for a personal customization I'm working on?
    I've been working on my own pics, but can only seem to find half of the good pics you've dug up...

Btw, do you have any idea what you're going to do with the civpedia icons? I'm currently working on clan logo's, if you;re interested I could send you them. They're a bit basic, but I'm still working on it.

Keep up the good work...I'll keep fooling around and maybe one day you can all laugh at my pathetic scenario :D

17. Cloner4000

Cloner4000 Call of Duty

well, the last reply was quite old, but is this still active?

18. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

Indeed it is! In fact, I'll be posting some update pics in the very near future but I was unable to do sountil now. I apologise for that, but I hope the updates will be some kind of compensation for the long wait. ;)

19. Cloner4000

Cloner4000 Call of Duty

Thats, good I've been looking around for a good Sengoku scenario for a while..actually did you need some help? I can't really do a lot of editor stuff, but I can help on some easy stuff. Plus one of my roomate is from Japan, so I could alway ask him to help with the research and all.

20. Gen. Rommel

Gen. Rommel Wüstenfuchs

If you truly are ready to devote your time in helping get this done faster, I would gladly take you into the team (which is only composed of me at the moment :crazyeye:)! And that you have a Japanese friend is good news. Thinking up better names for units would be a great help, especially if they sound quirky and cheesy.

Could you maybe have him look through these unit threads and revise any names that sound like utter crap (and especially the ones where the translation has gone entirely in the wrong direction)?

Unit Discussion Thread (all that's important are the things written in green)

Unit Request Thread (all that's important are the things written in red)

Also, if your friend by chance sees some UU that aren't quite fitting for the according Daimyo, or has a better proposal (or even if he thinks an already proposed unit would be better suited for another Daimyo), please notify me. It would help greatly.

It would also be good if you can help with research later, when it comes to civilopedia entries (since you said that the editor is not exactly your strong point, I'd only request that you find suitable entries and then send them to me). However, this will need to wait still, since this is most probably the very last thing I will do for this scenario.

If I can think of anything else later of how to better distribute work, I shall let you know (that is, unless I've scared you away by now hehe).

Here from you later! :goodjob: