Insomnia....

Xen

Magister
ever have one of those bouts of Insomnia, where you just can seem to get to sleep no matter what? seems I'm having one righ tnow, sitting here, typeing this, and listining to some white stripes, as there is nothing better to do... so what about you guys, how do you deal with Insomnia?

Turn your moniter to the lowest amount of recycles per second, take of all protective screens turn up the florecsent lamps and keep on posting, soon you'll have to rest your eyes and you'll fall fast asleep.

That's when the Boogieman will eat you!

@archer_007- unfortunatley, my girlfriend isnt here with me (then at least I migh thave a reason for not sleeping :p)

I always found that a combination of beer and antihystamines worked wonders. If I needed to be up the next day, I would try physical activity followed by reading.

J

well aside from being too young to drink beer, I dont like the stuff anyway

@I never said it wasnt talking that would keep me up ;) :p

as a side note, I'm going to sleep, this thread is going to slow, and now I'm tired :p

ever have one of those bouts of Insomnia, where you just can seem to get to sleep no matter what?

Yep, I've had my current bout since...........well ever. I play computer games till the wee hours of morning.

I've never had problems with sleeping before, I get to sleep too quick.

Originally posted by Hitro
It's close to 7am...

for you, when I went to sleep last night it was about 12:30, th eonly other recent time I've stayed up that late is in a three way (phone conversation :p) with two girls I know (and that was uo to 1:00...)

Heres a sure fire way to get to sleep when you have insomnia, works for me every time:

Think about impossible things. Imagine that youre flying like a bird and are looking down on your house, picture yourself flying up into space without a spacecraft and waving at the ISS astronauts as you drift by their viewing window. Any impossible situation will do, youre only limited by your imagination. Thinking of impossible things while youre laying down with your eyes closed helps ease the brain into the dream state. If you lay there instead thinking about bills you have to pay, or other real world problems, you'll never get to sleep.

Or you can read a book, go to bed earlier (you actually sleep better between 10 and 12 PM), take a jog before...

Originally posted by Xen
ever have one of those bouts of Insomnia, where you just can seem to get to sleep no matter what? seems I'm having one righ tnow, sitting here, typeing this, and listining to some white stripes, as there is nothing better to do... so what about you guys, how do you deal with Insomnia?

I too used to suffer from insomnia...but now I collapse to sleep with ease.

Why?

By working hard and drinking hard ;)

Originally posted by Xen

#1 Don't listen to white stripes so late. Music will keep you up.

Turn off your computer and the lights and lay down. Even if you don't sleep, just close your eyes. You can meditate and focus on your breath as it slowly comes and leaves your body. Just focues on your breath, if another though comes in ("Amber looked so cute today!"), ignore it and focus again the breath. ;)

Meditation always helps me out. I like to put on some lavender lotion because the scent is very calming and meditate in the dark. Also, make sure you're still not in your jeans or khakis. Were something nice and comfortable, like what you would wear to bed. For me, it's wearing soft velour and nice tank top, but you could figure something out I'm sure. ;)

Top Bottom