Introducing CivFanatics v3.0

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Introducing CivFanatics v3.0

We are pleased to announce that after months of hard work, we have converted the CivFanatics main site to a content management system that's seamlessly integrated with the forum. The new system allows easy update of site content and will help us provide better coverage and more up-to-date information.

An important feature of the new system is that it makes it possible for our members to directly take part in creating and updating the site content. All registered members can create new pages and also edit their own pages. So if you have a good article idea or want to share something, you can create a new article. Once your article is approved, it will appear on the site and available for all to read. You don't even need to know HTML since vB codes can be used. We'll also have a group of members who could edit all pages, not just their own.

In terms of look and feel, the new site is using the same style as the forum and will use whatever forum style you selected. The URLs for most articles remain the same as before.

Check out the new site and let us know if you notice any problem. It's possible that we may have missed some things. The old site remains accessible at http://old.civfanatics.com/ for reference purpose.

Thanks for all your support and have fun exploring the new site! :)

Ginger_Ale Joins CFC Staff

When a web site is well established and already has tons of content, it's always a daunting task to switch to a new system. In our case, we have over 400 articles! Forum member Ginger_Ale helped enormously in the conversion process and helped make the switch possible. :thumbsup: We are happy to announce that he'll continue to help the site as Site Content Editor in the CivFanatics staff. Please join me in welcoming Ginger_Ale! :band:

A sleek new page! And congrats and thanks for your efforts, Ginger_Ale! :goodjob:

:clap:

Looks great! Now I just need to play CIV again :ack:

Quite businesslike in appearance after being used to "the old look" for so long; less colourful, but everything looks very clear (no danger of getting lost or anything). So I'm gonna give it a :thumbsup:

BTW, some time back there was mention of a definite merger of CFC & Apolyton. Any news on that?:mischief:

The page can't be displayed :(

Has it died? All I see is a blank screen.
Tried on Firefox 2.0.0.14 and IE7 on WinXP SP2.

Opera using, and can't open it. It just stops loading.

Nslookup show the ip address as 208.111.158.15. If I put that into the browser (IE 7) then I get a page that says 'It works!'. If I put www.civfanatics.com into the browser the IE 7 is unable to display the page.

EDIT: Putting the ip address into Firefox also gets the 'It works!' page.

EDIT 2: The old website page 'old.civfanatics.com' seems to have the same ip address as above.

Has it died? All I see is a blank screen.
Tried on Firefox 2.0.0.14 and IE7 on WinXP SP2.

... same here - I am using Firefox 2.0.0.14 and only get an empty screen :(

Sorry about that. I have notified our host about it. t's likely due to server config issue...

The old site can be accessed at http://old.civfanatics.com/

PS: The main site should be working again. Please PM or email me if the problem re-appears.

Top Bottom