Khanate of Siberia​

Official Name: Khanate of Siberia
Capitol: Novosibirsk
Religion: 75% Pagan, 20% Orthodox Christian, 5% Other
Government: Parliamentary Republic
Khan:Yesu Baghatur

History:

Spoiler :
During the late thirteenth centaury the Golden Horde conquered the decentralized nation of Rus and extended the influence of the Mongols from Russia to Yakutia. Their advances into Europe were finally stopped by Poland-Lithuania and the Vikings in the west. This served as the high water mark for the Mongol invasion as they started to lose ground over the next several centuries and discontent brewed among the citizens.

However the Golden Horde was blessed with a succession of powerful leaders that managed to keep a hold on their territory even as the other Mongol Khanates collapsed around them. These Khans made use of Yassa law which elected chiefs and generals based on merit and allowed their conquered people to keep their religions. This meritocracy was part of what allowed them to last so long against the European empires to the west and the Ottomans to the east.

During the Napoleonic Wars as Europe was weakened by infighting the Golden Horde experienced a golden age of growth under the rule of the Great Khan Toghan who used break from constant skirmishing with the Europeans to advance the infrastructure of the Khanate. He also standardized a weights and measures system. But his largest success was a vast system of road ways were build by Toghan and his successor Temür in order to support an extensive trade route that was able to safely shuttle goods from Asia to Europe as the Golden Horde was large and stable enough to police the trade routes all the way from the Pacific Ocean to the eastern coasts of the Black Sea. These highly maintained roads and their general safety led to a boom in overland trading and the trade network being called the Northern Silk Road.

Despite all of this prosperity brought by the Northern Silk Road the Golden Horde began to deteriorate as it lagged behind its neighbors in technological advancement. And new surges of nationalism in the late nineteenth century caused much national unrest. This finally culminated into The Summer Revolution which started in 1901 and shattered the Golden Horde as many different rebellious factions rose up and what few loyalist forces there were left ended up far too disorganized and scattered to mount an effective resistance.

In Siberia the revolutionary group that achieved the highest strength was the Siberian Liberal Revolutionary Army (SLR). Led by Ogodei Baghatur, a charismatic philosopher who preached ideas of democracy, the SLR gained the support of the lower and upper classes who stood to gain much from the weakening of the Khan’s absolute power. Unlike the other revolutionary groups that were nationalistic the SLR accepted members from every ethnicity within the Khanate. This allowed them to grow much larger and establish a strong foothold in Siberia. However other parts of the empire did not fare as well and Russia, Turkestan, and Mongolia fell to outside invaders.

Finally uniting what was left of the Khanate in 1905 the SLR created the Siberian Khanate and began the daunting challenge of rebuilding the nation. The SLR modeled the new government on the democratic ideals of Ogodei Baghatur. They expanded the Kurultai (originally the electoral process for a new Khan) to become the permanent legislative body of the government where representatives are sent from each province to participate in the government. The Kurultai also serves its original purpose of electing a Khan whose powers are limited to being the head of the executive branch of government.

Ogodei Baghatur was the first Khan of the Siberian Khanate and began a policy of rapid modernization of the nation. Steam power was adopted on a national level and large public works projects were started to advance the Northern Silk Road was by creating a vast system of railroads which were able to transport goods across the system in a fraction of the time that merchant caravans could. The army was also modernized while the Siberian Khanate remained neutral during The Great War and studied the tactics and machinery used in order to keep their military up to date with their European rivals.

The invention of the radio transmission system in 1903 and later the invention of the telegram in 1907 by Tsendiin Arsal, a famous Tatar inventor, was a large turning point in the Siberian Khanate’s history. The radio and telegram knitted the country together and started to form a single cultural identity, and for the first time in history a single language became standardized across the Khanate. This single National Identity marked the end of the revolution as the last of the outdated trappings of the Golden Horde disappeared.

An update from the GM

Iron and Blood 4 will live. This much is certain. The uncertainty is when, and in what form.

Real Life has been throwing multiple spanners in the works, including forcing me to make decisions that will affect the entire course of the rest of my life and giving me no appealing choices. The constant parade of interruptions look set to continue well into the foreseeable future. I will have time to do other things, but I am already behind on many promises to others; some of whom have been waiting more than half a year. As a consequence, Iron and Blood 4 is quite low on my priorities list.

I apologise sincerely to those who've been looking forward to this, and to those who've been waiting so long that they've lost interest. There are several options I will give you each of you.

1) Stay the course; keep and refine current game and wait for me to start.

2) Restart with a new game, perhaps with a smaller group of players. Existing players can choose to keep their countries.

3) Call off the project. Others are free to take the map and game rules and make their own game.

If enough people choose options one and two, I will now give a fixed date: Turn One of Iron and Blood 4, whatever form it will take, will begin on Monday, 15th of April, 2013. I have decided on a date to give a sense of direction and certainty for all involved.

You may now make your decisions.

I'm still interested in playing this and make no complaints on the long wait. You have your priorities straight, and I respect that. I'll patiently await the game to start assuming option 1 is agreed upon.

Seconded. I didn't put so much work into this for nothing.

Option 1. Iron and Blood 4 will occure at its great level! The USE will prove its power!

Option 1.

Lurker's Comment

I will just say this as an observer; I think it would be best to view this somewhat like a videogame title. You often have to wait a year or two for a sequel, but it's often worth it. When the game does reach its release date, I'm sure everyone here will enjoy it. In the meantime everyone can try out other games to pass the time.

I'll leave this thread alone now. Just figured I could add this. :)

Yay Tax Day! (at least for us 'mericuns).

Option 1.

I'll take the first option.

Option 1 works for me.

Option 1

FURRY SEX

Now that I have your attention

The game is starting soon, and we are likely going to be missing few players.

So I'm doing a roll call. Reply within the next 48 hours to confirm your place in the game.

IF you are not one of the original players, you can still put your name down. If any unassigned countries are left, I will assign each of them to one of you.

What happens next:

1) I will rewrite the history of the world to reflect the changes and fill in missing information, keeping as much of what you previously wrote as possible.

2) I will make a few minor changes to the rules, mainly for the purpose of making it easier for me to run the game and for you to follow them.

3) The game will launch on Monday 15th April at 2359 hours UTC−12, or Tuesday 16th April at 2159 hours AEST.

In the event that any unoccupied nations are available, I will be prepared to take up that nation.

Port Hadley, standing by

Nothing will stand on my way to play Japan in this damned game. :mad:

PS: Disappoint at the lack of actual furry sex in that post.

Top Bottom