- Friedrich Schiller

*music*

ACCEPTING RESERVES

CONTACT A PLAYER TO SIGN-ON AS A SECONDARY PLAYER

Game rules
Historical events
Technological timeline
Iron and Blood 4 Wiki

Iron and Blood 4: Powerplay is an upcoming IOT game hosted by yours truly. I should start off by noting that this game will probably end up bearing little resemblance to previous Iron and Blood games; in fact, I used the name because I liked the sound of it and to shamelessly cash in on the success of the original Iron and Blood game. I promise nothing.

I should perhaps explain what it is exactly that this game is going to be.

I will manage this game differently from my previous games. There will be two threads: this one, which is intended to be a pre-game worldbuilding exercise, followed by the actual game thread. This thread is for pre-game worldbuilding, where you guys sign up, create your countries, write their histories, and collaborative establish the alternate history world of the game. Previous experience told me you guys really like war, so the game itself will be very war-focused, with a more complex combat system than the original Iron and Blood, the details of which I will work out depending on what goes on this thread with help from player feedback.

First things first: sign-ups. From hosting IOTs in the past I discovered that I have an allergy to games with very large number of players, so with this one I will restrict the number of players to a maximum of sixteen. If you want to play, just put your name down (don't create your country just yet) and I will put your name into a draw. Sixteen will be chosen randomly; the rest can be reserves if you want.

Then I will organise another lottery, where I will hand each of you unequal numbers of provinces and resources, with which you can create your countries. Collaboration is encouraged with you are writing your stories, and you can be as detailed and creative as you like with your stories, with a few restrictions. The game world takes place on Earth, with humans as the predominant species, in the years prior to the invention of nuclear weapons. The history of the world follows roughly the same path as our world's before diverging roughly around AD1000. I have put the start of the game thread as January 1, 1931. The technological level should be modern-ish by 1931, but need not follow the same path as in our world. You could have a steampunk or similar world, magic, or some other fantasy technology as long as everyone agrees with it, it makes sense and not overpowered. If you can sneak in some elements of your favourite tv show or other work of fiction, that's fine as long as it blends in with the game world.

This game is rather more time-consuming that most IOTs and I expect you to know a bit about history and geography. You can leave the game at anytime; I’m not going to stop you, though please, only join this game if you think you can stay active. You can rejoin, unless I kicked you out. Countries of people who quit will be NPCed, disbanded, or handed over to a reserve. I may also disband nations of players who become inactive.

This game is experimental, and I reserve the right to change rules. Sign-up at your own risk.

The Map (full size):

Spoiler :

Current players

BSmith1068 - West African Republic
JoanK - Empire of Japan
Robert Can't - Port Hadley
SamSniped - United Mexican Republic
NedimNapoleon - Portuguese Empire
Celticfury - Republic of the United Netherlands
Bowsling - Chinese Republic of Shanghai
Ailedhoo - United Scandinavian Empire
Tyo - Greater German Empire
momo1000 - Ottoman Empire
mechaerik - Confederacy of Nations
christos200 - Empire of France
GamezRule - Empire of Brazil
Patchy - [Unnamed Country]
CivGeneral - Republic of Canton
Windfish - Afghanistan

Would-be Catalan Empire reporting for duty. :salute:

I want in

Im want in :p (My nefarious plan to conquer the balkans for the Pope was cruelly cut short in IOT2 :( )

Interested,
guess I would be the spectator .... subbed .
:popcorn:

Chalk me down too!

I am most certainly in!

I am here.

In, of course :D.

When is it likely that the game itself will start?
If late January or February, I think I'll join.

I'm in.

You could have a steampunk or similar world, magic, or some other fantasy technology as long as everyone agrees with it

More of Dieselpunk or Decopunk kind of timeperiod. ;)

In. :D EMPIRE!

Top Bottom