Iron and Blood 5: Development Diary

I would vote for unequal starts as a given.

Meh, it depends how well you think unequal starts can be done. If done wrong unequal starts just mean a few people get to have all the fun, crushing others at a whim, while smaller players are stuck with no hope of ever improving.

Social mobility is key to unequal starts... through manipulation and resource management, a smaller player should be able to gradually become on par with the others, even if not necessarily a superpower.

On the other hand, a rich country should be able to maneuver itself into oblivion if it is poorly managed.

Indeed. Especially in an era such as that covered in I&B, where radicalism becomes a real thing that is the bane of nations.

Russia becomes a superpower under Stalinist brutality, the German and Austrian Empires collapse under the weight of national self-determination... no shortage of precedent for power mobility if nothing else. :p

Biggest thing to care for is that it shouldn't be an overnight thing.

This looks to be good if it is pulled off. Subbed.

Looks epic, TK!

I will have to consider using that map for MPV when I get around to it months from now. :p

Any map that gives the United States borders that aren't a mess of straight lines is good in my book.

Okay, so the basic structure of the game is pretty much done. I'm in the process of cutting and editing the rules; specifically, the finer points of the commodities trade and the combat system.

You should consider making the sea in your map blue, because it is hard to see provinces.

Also, when the IOT starts, will players claims territories or will you have already created nations from which the players will chose?

I have some idea of the places I may start. What ever the case I look forward to this game! :D

I will start at Greece as the Roman Republic.

:facepalm:

I don't want to put unnecessary and harmful pressure on you TK, but can you give us an idea of when you're aiming to launch?

Top Bottom