ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

I can't join the game. Blocked on "connected to host".

20h00 remaining on the timer. I leave on 11h00 PM GMT+2 (in 4 hours) and can't play after. Cause I'm alone to play, the team needs a pause, please. :worship:

Game is back up - reloaded from last CFC Autosave.

Why do you need a pause? Since the game wasn't reverted to an earlier save, and you (as in team CFC) didn't log into the game after the save that was reloaded, I personally think that 5.g doesn't apply.

To save us the further awkward outgivings in similar cases, I will tell you that pitboss autosaves are created when someone JOIN the game. So in case of reload to the last autosave the actions the player did in the last session are lost and he needs to replay his last session. Not to mention that when we wanted to end our turn, the game was down with less than 8 hours left on the timer.

Why couldn't you connect? Was there another players firewall blocking the access?

I suggest pausing the game when there is 2-3h left in the timer.

It seem that the game was paused. I suggest unpausing now. CivFr needed 24h and this pause has been loong enough to grant that.

the game is down, can't join.

There was an error message that the game was unable to create an autosave. Never seen it before. I reloaded from the last recovery (civplayers login). Please try again and post here whether it works or not. Thank you :)

Warning in advance : Tomorrow's weather forecast is reporting a major thunderstorm. Today's forecast does not mention any danger of it, but forecasts in the summertime in Norway are really difficult according to the meteorologists, and its very hot and humid here today. If the game suddenly disappears over the next days, the reason is most likely power failure due to thunder. I will report in (provided I am awake) if I have to take the server down, as usual.

I also wanted to thank Spanish Apolyton :thumbsup: for their great attitude and keeping things fun and pleasant :D even at the times most difficult to them :goodjob: Winning graciously is not easy, seeing somebody loosing so graciously is very rare. Looks like we all could learn something from Spanish Apolyton team other than about their great mode. We will miss you guys and your hilarious emails :sheep:

I lost connection to pitboss while playing and can not reconnect after.

My apologies! I got a new wireless router today, and when disconnecting the old wireless router I managed to pull out the wrong power cord. It's back up again now. :)

Just a quick notification that I saved and reloaded the game because of a Pitboss socket that had frozen again, so it was sending lots of packets into the void again. Normally I wouldn't bother notifying about this in this thread as it takes me less than a minute to do so, and I have to do it once or twice a week, but since a team was logged in I disabled the uploader momentarily (which I normally don't do when doing a quick save/reload) to let the team know that the game was back up so they could log back in again. Thus the "Uploader disconnected" and "Uploader reconnected" messages on Civstats. :)

Got stuck at the loading screen ("Finishing" for ten minutes straight), and had to force quit Civ.

ETA: 2nd try, same result

Got stuck at the loading screen ("Finishing" for ten minutes straight), and had to force quit Civ.

ETA: 2nd try, same result

Sorry, I must have overlooked this one. :( Is this still a problem for you, kjnoren?

Top Bottom