ISDG 2012 - Server Announcements, Connection Issues and Questions

There was an unexpected amount of updates available, so this will take a few hours. I will post as soon as the server is back up. Sorry for holding the game up, guys!

All done, and games back up. I will allow a 6 hour pause for everyone to catch up, if it's necessary.

The server had crashed for some reason that is unknown to me (and it's too hot here for me to debug right now .. the heat may be a plausible reason in itself though).

I had to reload the ISDG from John Autosave - 09:03 CEST 26.07.2013. Please remember that the autosaves are created upon login, so anything done on that login needs to be redone.

Sigh. Nevermind that. The server crashed again. Leaving the game down while I look into what the problem is.

Seems that one of my RAM chips died. I have reloaded the game, from the same autosave, and am crossing my fingers that this actually works as it should now. I guess it's time to consider investing in new hardware for the server.

A pause should not be needed as the game has not been down that long.

Warning in advance: The forecasts report that tomorrow, and several days in the upcoming week, may bring my favorite weather for this season. Thunderstorms. :p As usual, I shut everything computerish down, and unplug it, while there is a thunderstorm. So, if the game disappears randomly you all know why.

It seems that the RAM chips were indeed bad, as the server is working as it should now after I removed them. :)

I had a short power outage due to a thunderstorm that was far into the country, but enough to make the server restart. So I had to reload the game from Realms Beyond Autosave - 19:53 CEST.

The CFC Intrateam game was reloaded from Maga_R Autosave - 20:11.

Apolyton has asked for a turn timer change for the August holiday season here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504547

I will wait for feedback from all other teams before making any decision on the matter, as this is a major extension of the turn timer.

I can't connect currently, my game crashes at each attempt (before the choice of civilization). I don't know if the trouble is specific to me or not. I don't know if another member of my team will see this in time to connect and play insteed of me, so if other people can connect, please put the game in pause.

I can't connect currently, my game crashes at each attempt (before the choice of civilization). I don't know if the trouble is specific to me or not. I don't know if another member of my team will see this in time to connect and play insteed of me, so if other people can connect, please put the game in pause.

I cannot do anything at the moment, since I am anything but sober. I will look into it tomorrow if the problem hasn't been solved.

I cannot neither ping nor connect to caledorn.no-ip.org:2056.

Thunderstorm knocked out the power this morning.

The games are back up. ISDG was reloaded from Autosave RealmsBeyond - 06:12 CEST. Please pause the game on login since there is only 2 hours left on the timer (unless that's Civstats reporting wrong time left due to APTMod).

CFC Intrateam was reloaded from Autosave Maga_R - 06:23 CEST.

I still can't connect, my game is still crashing at each attempt.

I still can't connect, my game is still crashing at each attempt.

Are you in your half of the turn timer for the war, or could the game be kicking you out because of APTmod?

If you are in the proper half of the timer, please send me your civ password on PM, and I will attempt to log in on your behalf.

I write to fast (while the game was loading the game data). Now it crashes just after entering the game. I guess the trouble is still on my side, but as few time remains on timer and I may not be able to solve it before the end of it, could someone put the game in pause? I asked on my team forum that another member try to connect and play insteed of me.

The game crashed while team CFC was logged in. Reloaded the game to their autosave.

Connection to game has timed out

That is the first time I have ever seen that message. Is the game up? Are there issues with it?

Top Bottom