• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Israel continues operation in Gaza - Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on ziggy. Do you really believe that the IDF would have gone into Gaza if Hamas wasnt shooting rockets into Israel on a daily basis?
Did I say that?

I'm talking about the whole ME-conflict. And this goes back a long way.
Here is a thought. Lets not shoot rockets into Israel and then see if they invade.
Here's a thought, lets tear down the walls and allow all Gazians free passage in and out of Gaza and see if they continue to fire rockets.

See where this is going?
Then you at least have a chance of illustrating them as the unfair monsters you desire to if they invade for no reason.
illustrating them as the unfair monsters you desire to? No illustrating them as human effing beings. I have never argued one side is inherently evil or good.

"illustrating as unfair monsters I desire to", my furry little butt. Typical reaction, polarising the discussion, putting me 180 degrees opposite from you so you can talk this kind of bull.

I shouldn't have bothered and I'm done with you if this is the way you want to paint me as judgemental as this.

I was just watching Channel 4 news here in the UK. The reporter in the Gaza strip went to the school which was hit twice, using a phosphorous munition. He showed the shell/bomb casing as well as an 11 year old boy who was burnt by it. The school was full of sleeping children, one of the men there said and there were no Hamas fighters.

On the second occasion an artillery shell hit, killing two sleeping kids plus injuring another.

When the report is put up on the C4 news I will post it.

Here it is, you'll have to watch some other news first tho...

I am willing to bet you cant see how terrible your logic is in this comment. Its simply not accurate unless it begins with a 1. Hamas shot rockets into Israel and ends with a #. Hamas is responsible for the civilian deaths in Gaza.

If your neighbor throw some stones at your house, that doesn't give you the right to go over and kill him along with his roommates and other tenets nor is your neighbor responsible for those deaths. You're the one with blood on your hands. However, morally deprived individuals, such as your self, can't seem to grasp an understand of why that would be wrong.

Moderator Action: Flaming. Warned
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: I'm making a line in this thread, if you feel the need to post in this thread, do so civilly

We all know how everyone seems to feel about the other posters regarding this topic. There is no need to inject opinions on each other's secret desires or their intelligence.

Lets not shoot rockets into Israel and then see if they invade. Then you at least have a chance of illustrating them as the unfair monsters you desire to if they invade for no reason.

Moderator Action: This is what I was referring to. Warned for trolling
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

If your neighbor throw some stones at your house, that doesn't give you the right to go over and kill him along with his roommates and other tenets nor is your neighbor responsible for those deaths. You're the one with blood on your hands. However, morally deprived individuals, such as your self, can't seem to grasp an understand of why that would be wrong.

Depends on the size of the stones actually.

I sure as heck would still do something about it. It would be the police that would come stop my neighbor from doing this...and guess what? If he insisted on pelting the police, there is a good chance they would shoot my neighbor as well. If he insisted doing it hiding behind someone innocent, there is a good chance they would get hurt as well.

The person who has blood on their hands is the one that started hurling the stones. None of it would have happened otherwise.

It's too bad the same people didn't become so enraged by the murder that happened in Israel. Instead they make excuses for it.

Isn't it time for Page III? Super.

Did I say that?

I was asking you a question. Your reply is not an answer.

Here's a thought, lets tear down the walls and allow all Gazians free passage in and out of Gaza and see if they continue to fire rockets.

Given the number of suicide bombers and terrorist attacks that occurred with 'free passage' I dont see it as being an unreasonable precaution. Perhaps if Hamas recognized the legitimacy of the Israel state....

"illustrating as unfair monsters I desire to", my furry little butt. Typical reaction, polarising the discussion, putting me 180 degrees opposite from you so you can talk this kind of bull.

I was primarily referring to Hamas, not you, (I would have thought you picked up on that after my 'Lets not shoot rockets' comment) and yes, Hamas, and many in this thread have tried to paint Israel as being a bunch of monsters - war criminals that care nothing about civilian casualties.

I shouldn't have bothered and I'm done with you if this is the way you want to paint me as judgemental as this.

Everyone is judgemental in regards to this to one degree or another. Some more than others. This entire situation is just one big 'push me, shove you' and anyone can play the 'yeah, but...' card here.

The point still remains, if Hamas and Gaza et all, object about their treatment in Gaza, there are better ways to address it than indiscriminately shooting rockets into Israel....which is what started the current conflict.

Yes I can, since Santa Claus's signs in that photo are literally saying he supports terrorism against "Zionists" wherever they may be. It's too bad Santa doesn't go to cafes that suicide bombers target.

This is just semantics. Depending on what the definition of a "Zionazi" is. He seems to be alluding to the militant side of Nazism, inviting people to compare the behaviour of the IDF to rampaging Nazi's and their cavalier attitude to civilian casualties. In any case, he is exercising his right to freedom of speech.

I was primarily referring to Hamas, not you, (I would have thought you picked up on that after my 'Lets not shoot rockets' comment) and yes, Hamas, and many in this thread have tried to paint Israel as being a bunch of monsters - war criminals that care nothing about civilian casualties.

Reports emerging from the aftermath of this conflict seem to confirm that they are "a bunch of monsters - war criminals that care nothing" or at least not a great deal "about civilian casualties." That's why 1300 Palestinians have been killed.

Reports emerging from the aftermath of this conflict seem to confirm that they are "a bunch of monsters - war criminals that care nothing" or at least not a great deal "about civilian casualties." That's why 1300 Palestinians have been killed.

Why do you place the burden of guilt on the Israeli's as opposed to the animals that used civilians en masse as shields to demonize Israel? You see how this becomes ironic don't you?

Why would you mention "1300" Palestinians as support for not caring about civilian casualties? A huge number of those deaths are not civilians!

Well, Hamas government officials would count as legitimate targets too (I think), since the Hamas government was calling for the violence.

I believe, though, that the Palestinians will feel that the civilian casualties were higher than the UN or Israel will report.

It's too bad the same people didn't become so enraged by the murder that happened in Israel. Instead they make excuses for it.

Isn't it time for Page III? Super.
Getting close. Will Gogf want to open the next one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom