I've never been so proud of myself

Elta

我不会把这种
Earlier tonight (.... or last night rather, I haven't slept yet) while I was watching the fights a old friend of mine from a school I used to go to came running up to me and gave me a hug. An 34 year old lady from Master Toddy's.

She told me something that is going to put me in a good mood for a long time.

(Keep in mind i haven't trained at Master Toddy's for a long time)

Back when I was in high school I used to help teach the kids 4 to 7 year old class twice a week for free, in order to go to that school for free.

We had a basic exercise where we taught the kids how to yell help while trying to punch-elbow the adult, who was trying to kidnap them in the face at certain points which might help them brake free.

I didn't think help would really get everyone's attention because sometimes as a kid someone in my family would try and pick me up and I would yell help at someone else in my family.

So I taught the kids to yell "Help this is not my dad! This is not my dad!" My friend told me that her daughter (who is 13 now) was visiting her grandmother in the Philippines. She was out alone picking up some ingredients for dinner in a street market, when she was out in a corner coming out from a poorly lit bathroom area a big guy came and grabbed her and started to carry her off. She managed to kick him in the crotch and bite him on the hand getting free for a second. She yelled out "This is not my dad, this is not my boyfriend, he is taking me!" (In Tagalog obviously).

5 Male shop keepers came running out and beat the snot out of the guy, when the cops got there they beat him down again along with more people from a crowd and he might get over 15 years in jail when they go to court later this year.

I was really proud of myself, and might never be this proud again, I hope so, but it would be tough.

Not to mention her mom and dad bought be drinks all night and dropped me off at home. I was ordering mixed drinks all night, it must have been 150 bucks at least :p

And her dad said he wants to set me up on a date with his younger sister.

I don't think anything has ever went so well for me :D

Good for you. And good for the girl for keeping her wits about her; lots of kids just get too scared to say anything.

Your teachings likely saved her life. :goodjob:

So attempted kidnapping rates 15 years' jail in the Philippines...? That's a lot more than many murderers get in Canada.

Its death in Singapore.

Anyway Elta, Congrats! You changed someone's life, she will tell her grandchildren stories of you! You will still live on after you pass years from now!

Good for you. And good for the girl for keeping her wits about her; lots of kids just get too scared to say anything.

Your teachings likely saved her life. :goodjob:

So attempted kidnapping rates 15 years' jail in the Philippines...? That's a lot more than many murderers get in Canada.

From what I heard he is getting sex trafficking and all kinds of other stuff slapped on too :D

*Its death in Singapore.

Anyway Elta, Congrats! You changed someone's life, she will tell her grandchildren stories of you! You will still live on after you pass years from now!

*Good!

If it is clear cut with a bunch of witnesses like that, they deserve it. Or life at least.

That is awesome Elta! Props! You irrevocably altered the course of this young girll's life for the better (and perhaps other young girls &/or women too)! :goodjob:

I remember hearing from someone that statistically, crying "Fire!" is more likely to get a response than crying "Help!". Sounds like you taught them kids the right thing. You should be proud.
:salute:

Happy birthday! :bday:

You actually made a difference in the world. That's always awesome. Good job.

Damn, that's something else man! Goes to show you what a little thing can do. Way to make it happen elta. :thumbsup:

It's nice to know that you've made a difference in the world. :goodjob:

There's a Filipino district in Vegas?

He'll plea bargain to attempted Kidnapping; Get five to ten years in prison and be out half way through on parole.

They can't prove he was going to commit a sex crime, unless he outright confesses.

He might not do any time at all if they plea bargain in which he has to register as a sex offender.

My god, what a nightmare that would have been if she hadn't got away.

I wonder if the guy was making an attempt for himself, or for the sex trafficking thing? She could have disappeared into a nightmare for years.

There's a Filipino district in Vegas?

He'll plea bargain to attempted Kidnapping; Get five to ten years in prison and be out half way through on parole.

They can't prove he was going to commit a sex crime, unless he outright confesses.

He might not do any time at all if they plea bargain in which he has to register as a sex offender.
The girl was visiting her grandma in the Philippines. Not sure what the legal system is like over there but hopefully he will get a punishment that fits the crime.

Normally I'd say a double-beatdown is a bit extreme (for robbery or even assault) but trying to kidnap a 13 year old (even if you don't plan to physically or sexually harm them) is inexcusable. Hopefully this guy learned a valuable lesson & whatever demons are haunting him (assuming he's not a pure sociopath) he resolves so a situation like this never repeats itself (best case is later in life he contributes time & energy towards helping children, though best not in person probably). IMO, this is what reform should be all about, instead of letting the guy rot in jail he should be made to actively serve the demographic of his victim thru donating time or any money he might earn in jail towards keeping kids safe.

Top Bottom