1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

JanBoruta's Map and Icon Workshop

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Graphics modpacks' started by janboruta, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starverse

starverse Chieftain

Jan did u get the pm i sent? Would like to request for some icons.

2. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

He's incredibly busy at the moment IIRC, might pay to be patient

3. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

What he said. I thought I could work on Civ 5 art in March, but real life (school and commissions) hit me a bit hard this time. Everything will be addressed, but you've got to be patient. The first things I will work on are some icons for two German mods, and for the Nri civ by Moriboe.

4. starverse

starverse Chieftain

My apologies ^^ sorry about that, tot the mail was lost in transition.

5. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

JanBoruta, I woudl like to ask you for some dozens of icons...When and if you have time ;). I understand you. I thought I could release the first Alpha of My Mod around today... Too much work, probably a +20+ Hour Effort. School Work says I can't do it until Holidays :(

6. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

Honestly, JanBoruta is obviously very busy, but even if he wasn't I don't think it's fair to ask him for "dozens" of icons. He's only one man doing this for nothing in his free time, and it's a tremendous service to the modding community as a whole.

7. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

I am perfectly aware of this. It is sad that the number of Civlization V Artists is small. I don't want JanBoruta to feel any pression, and I personally take Modding as an Hobby. If JanBoruta has free time that he's willingly to spend it in Civilization V Modding, and decides to help me (please note it's his decision, and I am not offended in any way, and personally I don't want to make anyone feel any pression, and apologize for any disturbes caused) he might do an icon or two. I am not asking for dozens of icons.

TLDR: My Comment was just a Statement that WHEN and IF JanBoruta has time THAT HE'S WILLING TO SPEND Civilization V Modding, AFTER MAKING ALL THE REQUESTS MADE BEFORE, IF HE FANCIES DOING SOME MORE, I can request several icons from his Workshop. Personally, I was talking about a future prespective maybe in a year or two. I don't want him to feel any pression.

8. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

Sorry, I didn't mean to single you out. It's just, you can't help but begin to feel bad when you see more and more people request tons of original art from him, and he's obviously a nice guy that wants to help but only has so much free time.

9. Genghis.Khan

Genghis.Khan Person

10. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Unfortunately, "dozens" of icons are out of the question. I'm struggling to find a bit of free time to make icons long overdue, and it won't be getting much better - though I really hope to find it every now and then... currently I'm just too busy with school.

I might find some time for the icons in the future, and certainly before this summer, when I'll be working for the upcoming Worlds of Magic game. :) Here's the thread on civfanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=488112

And Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/304725524/worlds-of-magic-a-new-classic-4x-fantasy-game

I've done a bit of artwork for this game a few weeks ago, so if anyone's interested, I can post some samples. :)

Anyway, serious work on the game for me begins after my finals in mid-June, so if I manage to get a bit of free time before that date, it's sure that I will make the icons I wanted to do earlier. The first on the list are the icons for Nri Kingdom by Moriboe, small icon of Isienmwenro unit for Tomatekh's Benin (to distinguish it from Kongolese Pombo), update for a few icons for JFD (UK, Papal States etc.) and a couple of building icons for Nazi Germany civ.

11. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

12. Iklabain

Iklabain Warlord

@janboruta. I think your icons are "Bardzo Dobre"(Hello fellow Pollack!) and would like to learn how to due this insanely awesome art, as I know you are extremely busy but if you or someone else could post a link on learning how to make and edit icons I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thx and pożegnanie!

13. Tomatekh

Tomatekh Sahib-i-Qirani

Honestly, I like your Venice map much more than the official one.

14. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Ack, that's the official map? More reasons to retain my modded Venice then.

15. Leugi

Leugi Supreme Libertador

Heh, yeah, nice map JanBoruta. What's up with BNW maps all having fruits? Not that it looks bad, just wondering here.

16. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

It seems they've hired a less competent artist now than for G&K. Not going to brag, but I also think my map is, maybe not better, but more detailed (not to mention they've copied the angle perfectly). :lol:

17. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Oh dear me, and the grapes look horrific IMHO....

Congratulations JanBoruta, you've beaten Firaxis.

Would you be willing to send me your files? With JFD's and your permission, I'd like to include your map as optional map in my Civ Accurate Maps mod.

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

You don't need my persmission, but you have it anyway.

19. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I'll send it to you on July 9th, when I come back home. My internet connection here in the countryside is pretty weak and I can only send finished, flat images. In the meantime, you could send me your e-mail address.

20. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

@jan.. zrobiłeś kawał znakomitej roboty za firaxis..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.