Khmer Unique Building - What is the point?

I've started playing ice age maps, and food can be difficult to find. The baray helps.

I'd agree that the UB isn't badly placed at all. In fact, it's perfect!

You adopt HR to pop off the happy caps everywhere. You build the Aqueduct and get the food on top so that your city size is then only limited by health, which is boosted because your civ is Expansive! Together with early Granaries, that's a recipe for massive populations very fast, helped along by extra food from the Baray.

Bah! all of you were naysayers before BTS came out and now you just now realized what i knew all along and kept trying to tell ya, the Baray rocks! :lol:

In fact i'm sure its just a matter of time before you come to the conclusion the Kmer UU is good too! :)

In a way it is - it's the only one that's not just a counter, but makes a whole unit type unviable.
It's a perfect tool for situations that rarely arise against the AI.

The Khmer UB is perhaps one of the best, especially in combination with the rest of the Khmer abilities:
Creative: Half cost of Coluseum and theatre (+:)), less need of hammers for :culture: buildings.
Expansive: +2 :health:.
Ballista Elephant: Reqs Construction (like Coluseum does), requires Ivory.

IF you have Ivory, and you beeline constr, you will quickly have a high :) and :health: cap, and thus need growth. Plus you will have access to the Baray due to Construction (or one of it's prereqs, Math).

... In fact i'm sure its just a matter of time before you come to the conclusion the Kmer UU is good too! :)

I absolutely hate getting my Knights destroyed out of my stacks by those Ballistas while my Pikeman watch in stunned silence. If the Khmer get Ivory, they are very tough to conquer.

I like their UB.

A great benefit is probably speeding up growth in recently conquered (or for terra maps, colonised) areas.
1 food isn't the greatest bonus (and gets smaller as the game goes on), but it is in a building you build a lot of anyways, and the only places I normally don't normally build aqueducts are small fishing/resource cities that benefit the most from the baray.

As for their leader being expansive, then just play with unlocked leaders :)

Top Bottom