Leak on Official Civ Japanese webpage details on Gauls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean that's probably too Endless Legend to be Civilization - although I don't know if there was any civ that had a medical bonus in the past series.
I was referencing the Celts bonuses in Civ 5 which they got extra faith from unimproved forests/woods, which could go to Gaul in Civ 6 if they wanted because they had druids.

I hope they didn't really call it on Oppidum, a Latin word, when there's a perfectly good Gaulish word for it: Dunon. :sad: Oh, well, I'm sure a mod will fix it.

I hope they didn't really call it on Oppidum, a Latin word, when there's a perfectly good Gaulish word for it: Dunon. :sad: Oh, well, I'm sure a mod will fix it.

It already has. Sukritect's Modded Gaullic civilization with Vercingetorix as Leader has the Dunon.

I was referencing the Celts bonuses in Civ 5 which they got extra faith from unimproved forests/woods, which could go to Gaul in Civ 6 if they wanted because they had druids.

I now began to wish a similar faith generation ability can be applied to some/more Animism civs.

On the other hand, the Gaul does have a good (and not Ethiopia-level strong) culture generation ability, that can make a good compensation of their early culture output.

I now began to wish a similar faith generation ability can be applied to some/more Animism civs.
The Gauls weren't animists. They had a highly structured religion on par with Graeco-Roman polytheism.

I think the general Holy Site adjacency to unimproved woods in the beginning is supposed to reference that as well as the Maori abilities.

I forget though that they did give more adjacency bonuses to woods for Norway and the stave church though that isn't because of Animism.

Having finally read the original post in its entirety...

Its real name is not recorded, but the title "Ambiolix" which means "king of all orientations" is also known today.
Names in "-rix" are so normative of Celtic culture generally that presuming Ambiorix was a title seems odd to me. Cf. Vercingetorix, Dumnorix, Toutorix > Tudor, Ruai, etc.

I don't think it translates well. I'm sure it's Gaul's rather than Ambiorix's unit.
The devs may have gotten a bit more liberal with their wording when it comes to double UUs, especially now that the newest civs aren't very likely to get official alternate leaders, and therefore their leaders might just as well be considered a permament part of their respective civs (as far as the vanilla game goes). For example, the last FL video claimed that Byzantium gets two UUs and a glimpse of the ability screen was the only indication that Tagma was exclusive to Basil's LUA.

I get that you really enjoy taking sarcastic digs at the game but Maya and Gran Colombia have nothing to do with Faith.
Ironically I feel as if Maya should have at least gotten some great prophet points from their observatory

Back to the topic at hand, I look foreward to playing with the Gaul. I hope their unique district maintains a unique look and adds to the overall appeal of the city’s layout. Culture bomb mines will be a great addition to their arsenal

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is what the UI shows if you build a mine on amber.

That’s correct I too have noticed the UI being misleading like that lately - eg when I have earth goddess pantheon and building improvement on a breathtaking tile , it’ll also show the +2 faith even if that’s already in the tile and not coming from the new improvement

so is it safe too assume a hill start bias?

If they didn’t it would the most firaxis-esque mistake this update with hilarity to ensue

I would assume that, instead of a hill starting bias, they would have a mine/quarry resources starting bias (like GC and Mayas have a plantation resource starting bias). Especially if the culture bomb thing is only for mines over resources (you have a lot of miining resources not on hills, especially luxury ones, like shown in the video with amber).

so is it safe too assume a hill start bias?
At least mineable resources, but that would include hills so probably.

I wonder if Ambiorix's agenda will be a copy of Industrous hidden agenda.
Part of me is afraid that he will be like Pachacuti or Menelik II but for mineable resources.

What I feel like he should get though is like civs that don't expand much and dislikes civs that expand too much being the anti-Rome.

Part of me is afraid that he will be like Pachacuti or Menelik II but for mineable resources.

What I feel like he should get though is like civs that don't expand much and dislikes civs that expand too much being the anti-Rome.
Given the quality of agendas so far in NFP, he dislikes civs that build mines. :p

The Gauls weren't animists. They had a highly structured religion on par with Graeco-Roman polytheism.

Oh, I was saying adding this to "some/more" Animist civs. No exactly referred to Gauls there (I was thinking about the animist parts of the Japan Shinto actually).

Menelik II: I remember there was a time when I was anti-colonialism but right now I just don't like everyone who's got a high ground.

Last edited:
Oh, I was saying adding this to "some/more" Animist civs. No exactly referred to Gauls there (I was thinking about the animist parts of the Japan Shinto actually).

Menelik II: I remember there was a time when I was anti-colonialism but right now I just don't like everyone who's got a high ground.

He hates Obi-wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom