• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[RD] LGBTQ news

It'll be 5-4 Gorsuch had been oddly strong in his support for consistency in civil rights stuff like that. It's possible Roberts flips as well but I'd doubt it.
Unhinged
Moderator Action: Warned for flaming. The_J

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using that as the basis to trust in our leadership's decisions about queer issues, you are lost. Especially since you're responding to a hypothetical about the direction things are going culminating in trans illegality. And you're like "Well the balance of powers is working and the supreme justices aren't all bad." Really? It's a good thing you don't care about genocides other people are experiencing because it'll make the angels' work administering your karma a lot easier.
Moderator Action: Warned for trolling. The_J

Last edited by a moderator:
Your making hilarious logical leaps here. I don't trust the court to do the right thing but Gorsuch has a strong track record going back literally over a decade we know how he'll vote on most issues this is no exception. And you already know I'm trans I've said it to you like 4 times so saying I don't care just proves you don't pay attention at all.

You know it is possible to be a part of a marginalized group and also a huge traitor to that group ultimately allied to the forces of its destruction?

It'll be 5-4 Gorsuch had been oddly strong in his support for consistency in civil rights stuff like that. It's possible Roberts flips as well but I'd doubt it.
Didn’t Gorsuch concur with the majority opinion of Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization?

I knew someone would bring up Dobbs. It was a different kind of case involving enumerated rights versus interpretation of the constitutionally of a law/ how a law should be applied. If Roe was codified like it should have been he would have ruled the other way. Do I like Gorsuch, no he's way out of where I am politically but I'm not ignorant to his judicial history so we can predict with quite good accuracy where he'll vote.

Didn’t Gorsuch concur with the majority opinion of Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization?
Small clarification: Gorsuch wrote joined the majority opinion, and didn't write one of the concurring opinions. (Alito wrote the majority opinion. Thomas, Kavanaugh and Roberts wrote concurring opinions.)

Watched a documentary today which I found really beautiful and moving, so I thought this would be a good place to share it.

When Naissa tells his mother Daniela that he identifies as a man she struggles to understand. Through candid personal letters exchanged over three years, Dear Mamma follows Naissa as he stands firmly for his independence and identity, and Daniela as she wrestles with her fear of losing her beloved child. While Naissa embarks on a professional dance career and proudly embodies his gender, his mother also makes a journey towards understanding and accepting her son’s choices
What impressed me especially was how the mother was able to articulate her fears and concerns honestly while still conveying that kind of unshakable, unconditional love.
It left me feeling like this is probably a good example how such a process should be navigated, but at the same time I thought such a level of mutual understanding is also probably very rare and many will not be so fortunate to be able to communicate their feelings with their family like these two did.

Top Bottom