1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LGBTQ news

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bernie14, Apr 24, 2021.

1. bernie14

bernie14 Filter Manipulator

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2021
  2. schlaufuchs

schlaufuchs La Femme Moderne

3. Samson

Samson Deity

It is interesting that her website is the most content free political site ever, and the "Shop" link goes to https://winred.com/ which gives me a very dodgy looking captcha page.

4. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

5. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

Buckle up, buckeroos.

sendos and Berzerker like this.
  6. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems

Though on a serious note, I’d expect the mainstream Republicans can’t help themselves but go back to their old basket of transphobia tricks.

7. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Well it's not like she is gonna win in Cali.

8. emzie

emzie wicked witch of the North

I lurk daily!

I hate that cis people end up deciding who our icons are. We mostly all hate Caitlyn Jenner. Her political dabblings are utterly irrelevant to us; she doesn't represent us, only herself.

9. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Hey hey hey u r around;).

10. Sarin

Sarin King

Beyond the obvious "she's got balls" joke, I really don't care. Just another chapter of political theater in US.

GenMarshall likes this.
  11. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Lurking doesn't count; we want you posting. :p

12. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

I think that T will become more accepted (and faster) as (if) better drugs make transition fuller.
    Femininity in males was a thing since antiquity (at least for the less barbaric civs, ie just Greece and then semi-barbarian posers Rome).

13. Sofista

Sofista Emperor

So, how did you ever became an empire? Oh right... you followed our lead. :p

14. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

Caesar weeping because he couldn't repeat Alexander tells me otherwise :mischief:

15. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Stranger things have happened. Though, judging with historical trends with the Californian Gubernatorial Elections. They’re a safe Democratic state.

Caitlyn is just one of many GOP candidates in a pool of other three candidates. I’d predict that Caitlyn would only go as far to the gubernatorial primaries and the GOP would heavily favor the other three candidates. Though there is a chance that also, Gavin would be primaried out of office on the Democratic side since Antonio Villaraigosa has expressed interest in running.

16. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Skip to ~0:40.

"I wouldn't be so sure about her politics. She's aging, mean, and rich; that sounds Republican to me."

17. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

I didn't wanna be rude in the T thread and answer (since i'm gay but not trans). But regarding trans trans icons, Spain had Cristina "La Veneno" Ortiz. She wasn't exactly a "role model" (rather controversial in fact) but she was probably the most well known trans woman in Spain and she did give visibility in the 90s.

Personally i didn't know of her (since i'm from LatAm) but last year they made a series based in her life called "Veneno" and... Well... Spread knowledge of her here too (it was quite good too)

I don't know if trans people consider her an icon or anything like that. But, after the series, at least in my circles she's respected.

Birdjaguar likes this.
  18. Sofista

Sofista Emperor

Sure, FYROM's golden boy built a huge empire. It didn't survive him, though.

19. EnglishEdward

EnglishEdward Deity

Been to the first you listed.

I do hate home pages that are little more than begging letters.

Samson likes this.
  20. EdmundIronside

EdmundIronside White Rabbit Object

FTFY ;)

Caitlyn's governorship bid is not a complete longshot. Arnold Schwarzenegger won as a Republican in California a few years ago. There is currently also is a bit of a backlash against Newsom which could help her.
    Also governor race's are one of the few things left in US politics where people will vote for the person rather then the party. This is shown by the heavily Republican states of Kansas, Kentucky & Louisiana having Democrats for governors, and the heavily Democratic states of Maryland, Massachusetts, and Vermont having Republicans for governors. However California has gotten quite a bit more liberal since Schwarzenegger. Also her campaign team includes several former Trump advisors, and the stench of association with Trump may be hard to escape from.

Sofista likes this.