LK101, Diety, World Map, Civ=TBD

If we go the war path I want some horseman in the rear zones to deal with landings. I also want to start replacing city defense from warrior to spearman. I haven't looked at the 150BC turn yet, but last I saw to many cities were still defended with warriors. :(

Was checking out the diplomatic options, and it seems there is full war up in north america...
in 150BC aztecs own Akwesasne.. in 350BC this was an Iroquois town (it is an Iroqouis town name)
So seems like iroquois is at war with both america and aztecs.

There is a fur at the coast in the far east part of siberia.. its unlikely we can grab it, but would have been nice to both get a foothold and a lux on other continent.

LKendter said:
I haven't looked at the 150BC turn yet, but last I saw to many cities were still defended with warriors. :(

Try to think of them less as defenders and more as cheap riot police. ;)

Looks like we will have some swords in short order to give our defense a little boost.

The save at 50AD

Pre-turn: Salta has a temple due in 9 and it’s not growing at size 2 so I whip it to completion.

IBT: The amphibious landing we’ve been waiting for is now on. 4 Aztec units land next to our warrior-defended town of Rosario. 2 Vet archers, Vet Jag and reg spear. And they’re building Leo’s to boot. :eek: I do so enjoy a challenge.

Turn 1 (130BC): Well the good news is that Monty will talk, the bad news is he wants Horsetown for peace. Onto the battlefield we go. Vet sword gets an archer defensive shot that missed. We lose an hp and kill the spear. We can’t attack with any other units so our town is likely going to fall. I can bring 2 archers closer, but that’s it. We have 59 gold, one short of an upgrade, so sell the rax in Rosario. Upgrade a vet warrior to sword in BA and whip another.

IBT: Rosario warrior falls to an archer. :( JW moves into the town with him. Archer dies trying to take out our sword who wins and goes elite.

Turn 2 (110BC): Santa Fe and Jujuy need clowns. Move the 4hp elite sword covered by two archers adjacent to Rosario.

IBT: Aztec galleys moving about but no further landings. One is outside Rosario.

Turn 3 (90BC): Vet archer loses 2hp taking out Aztec reg warrior. 4hp sword loses 2hp but kills reg spear. We get Rosario back with 7 gold. :) He must have evacuated the JW. The temple is gone from the town. Restart the rax again. Send our reg curragh to shoot arrows at a vet galley. No luck there, we sink and their galley loses a hp but promotes. Maybe he’ll go back to base for repairs.

IBT: And the hits just keep on coming. Brazil joins the Aztecs against us. :help: Tucaman riots. :cry: Sorry about that. Hire taxman. Aztecs land vet sword, archer and JW next to Rosario again.

Turn 4 (70BC) Change Rosario rax build to walls due in 4. Garrison the town with 4 units so it will hold during the next IBT. Rosario has a 2hp elite sword, 2hp vet archer, full strength vet sword and vet archer. Start our forces in the north towards Belem. Capture a Brazilian worker by Horsetown.

IBT: Brazilian swords kill an archer by our northern group and a reg warrior. At Rosario we lose our full health sword, but Aztecs lose all but a sword down to 2 hp. Brazil moves a vet spear next to Horsetown.

Turn 5 (50BC) Cut the Brazilian iron source at Belem. And capture a worker there. Kill the 2hp sword at Belem that whacked us before. Kill the Horsetown intruder with a sword. Try our elite 4hp sword at Rosario against his 2hp sword, we get the kill losing another hp. Move a bunch of workers around to take away any decent landing sites. Our northern curragh “Artic Explorer” meets up with a vet Persian warrior. They’re up everything naturally.

IBT: Our elite warrior that pillaged the iron is killed by a horse. We lose the sword at Horsetown to a vet Brazilian sword, but not before he loses 2 reg warriors against it.

Turn 6 (30BC) Belem is taken down defended by a sword and two spears. We get one worker from that. Found Bariloche next to where Belem was and join a settler to make it pop 3. Force a reg horse to retreat from next to Bariloche using a sword. Trade a swordsman with Brazil by Bariloche. Upgrade a warrior at LaPlata. Change Horsetown from temple to spear, now due in 1.

IBT: Lose a redlined sword and another one to Brazilian horsemen. Aztecs land a JW by Jujuy and finish Sun’s.

Turn 7 (10BC) Knock off the JW and rush walls in Bariloche. Curragh “Orient Explorer” crosses over from Japan to China. “Artic Explorer” has the Russian border in sight. Big battle about to take place at Bariloche. Five Brazilian swords and an archer plus a couple horses for good measure. Our horse supply is about to be cut. Tucuman needs a clown.

IBT: Lose 3 swords and take 2 Brazilian swords and a horse at Bariloche. Walls come in.

Turn 8 (10AD) At this point, Aztecs want 25gpt and 10g for peace. It’s either that or Horsetown. Meet the Russians outside of Murmansk.

IBT: Brazilian pillaging but no losses on our side. He lose two swords and an archer at Bariloche. Aztecs land a JW by Jujuy.

Turn 9 (30AD) Lose 2 warriors trying to get that JW.

IBT: We suffer no losses again. JW captures a cat I built, but then leaves it unguarded.

Turn 10 (50AD) Kill Brazilian horse by LaPlata. Get the cat back, redline the JW and nail it with an elite sword. Lose a sword and 2 archers trying to get at a Brazilian spear at Salta. And on that ugly note, call it a day.

Post turn: Still crawling to currency in 14. We should consider turning science off and get enough cash to get an embassy in Venezuela and get an alliance against Brazil. We’re just holding our own, but Horsetown is attracting a lot of Brazilian attention, and if they start bringing up MI soon instead of swords, things may start going downhill. The next Aztec landing may not just be another JW either.

Move a bunch of workers around to take away any decent landing sites.
Please read the LK houserules:
2) Worker blockades are prohibited. This prevents things such as fortifying workers along the coast to stop invasions, blocking troops from going through your territory with workers, etc. Workers activity doing something along the coast is fine. The workers must be actively doing something.
This sounds like the exact type of abusive worker that I wanted to PROHIBIT.

This report was so disgusting that it took more then one attempt to read it to the end. I am working up comments but I am overloaded with things that are frustrating me with this report.

IBT: And the hits just keep on coming. Brazil joins the Aztecs against us. :help:
I hope this once and for all explains why I hate defiant attitudes.

Maybe it is just time to stop running succession games. I just can't deal self-inflicted pain from defiance any more. My attitude is to cave much more frequently then most players.

We should consider turning science off and get enough cash to get an embassy in Venezuela and get an alliance against Brazil.
NO - these wars are a doing us *NO* good reading this report. Sign peace NOW with the Aztecs and Brazil. These wars will not last past my first turn even if I have to give away half the empire.

I am not even going to comment on the rest. These two are the main issues.

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Gyathaar
Microbe
M60A3TTS
Romeothemonk (skip May 7th to May 20th)
Greebley (currently playing)

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to at complete.
5 to 10 turns starting with the industrial age. Once the game starts dragging 48 hours to at least report a status update.

Found Bariloche next to where Belem was and join a settler to make it pop 3.

I just found one I really need to understand. We only have a limited number of settlers on standby for raze and replace. Why did we burn 2 settlers for one town?

Well the good news is that Monty will talk, the bad news is he wants Horsetown for peace.

We could have negotiated and paid gpt instead. Do not choose "what do you want for peace?", select "peace treaty" manually.

1. The workers were doing absolutely legitimate tasks, namely building roads and mines. At no time was a single one fortified to block a landing. Sorry that I did not make that clear.

2. I added the second settler so I could rush build the walls of Bariloche. Without the walls there was no guarantee the town was going to be able to hold off the many units around the town. After the walls were up, the AI failed to make further gains and stopped attacking the town.

3. Yes, we can give the Aztecs a lot of gpt to make peace. They want about 25 gpt to do so. Brazil would not talk at all, or I would have mentioned it. They may come to the table if we make peace with the Aztecs, that I do not know. Then of course we still have the Iroquois to deal with at some point.

Looking at the game we can get cash from Germany (using gpt and ally with Venezuela vs Brazil. Brazil would be crushed like and egg and we would gain about half their lands I am guessing.

The disadvantage is that we will be spending 20 or 30 odd turns at war which will slow our building of infrastructure. On the other hand we can't build much.

With Ven's help I am not at all worried about brazil for the 20 turns of war. We could almost certainly replace the city we already lost with a goodly number of captures (or razes - I generally prefer captures though). Ideal would be to completely destroy brazil.

The war would probably slow us down in the short term due to later market builds but long term would put us in a stronger position for domination.

Lee, I am not quite sure I get why you would shut down a war we were winning? I am fairly sure we would be by your turns. If you are totally against the alliance I won't do it - You wouldn't be able to make peace until the alliance ended (house rules about rep) which is at the end of your turns and I don't want to force you into (another) war you don't want.

Opinions? Not playing tonight.

War we are winning with Brazil? Reread this comment We’re just holding our own. That doesn't sound like a war we are winning.

My bigger issue is ending the Aztec war now. We certainlly can't afford distractions behind our lines.

LKendter said:
My bigger issue is ending the Aztec war now. We certainlly can't afford distractions behind our lines.

We can end the war by giving up Horsetown. That was their demand throughout the turns that I had. We still have iron to build swords to use against Brazil. My hope was that the demand would drop over time. Obviously that didn't happen.

As far as Brazil goes, since their iron source of Belem is now gone, they may not have another. Bariloche which is not in any immediate danger will grab that source on culture expansion. If we want peace with them as well, they may settle for a hefty cash payment and leave it at that. Then we can rebuild our offensive forces again and bring in Venezuela for the next round.

M60A3TTS said:
We can end the war by giving up Horsetown. That was their demand throughout the turns that I had. My hope was that the demand would drop over time. Obviously that didn't happen.

The cost for peace only goes down from my experience is:
1) The loss of AI cities.
2) Military loss are mostly against the AI. We are in no position to get this against the Aztecs.
3) A serious threat to take a city. I watched the cost for peace drop when I had 10 units next to an AI city.
4) A new civ declares war against that AI. That would be pure luck for us.

As for peace with the Aztecs - I suspect we will have to give up large GPT. They are a monster compared to us.

One bit of good news is that I connected up a second iron source and with the one by Bariloche, we will have three. That could be useful for future trades or negotiations.

Normally I would agree with that, but our options may be limited in that we have to pay off Brazil and Aztecs if it's peace at any price. We may not have enough gpt to satisfy both.

I guess I don't understand why we want to end the war at the time we can start gaining something from it. The cards have dealt us war. Lets make the most of it. Ending the war as quick as possible is not usually the best strategy.

The first few turns of the Brazillian war might be difficult. We already will have to fight them unless we can make peace already (I am guessing they won't make peace yet). After the first few turns though, we have a lot to gain. Brazil fighting a two front war will crumple. We discussed war with Brazil. This war isn't the manner I would have chosen to get into war, but now we are in it we can still make the same gains we could have if we had declared war.

Not sure on the Aztec situation. I will look into it more closely and make the best trade off of risk vs cost that I can. I do want to end it.

Lee, an example of what I am talking about is LK102. I took the turn I declared war on the Sioux and continued it to 250 AD - the year we are at now. In the "alternate history" that I played we have doubled the number of cities and the sioux are going to be eliminated in the next 10 years with us gaining about 60% of their lands. I captured cities so it was no drain on our main population centers.

Its just like AW. You absorb or deflect the initial assault. When the initial assault falters you are ready to make gains. It is something I am good at and I feel we can be in a good position in 10 turns. The problem with the "end war quickly" is that we end the war just ast he initial assault is starting to falter.

The alliance with Venezuela and appropriate defense of our cities is the key to making everything work. If we don't have the alliance we take more damage and gain nothing. Given that we don't even have currency, we can't even take advantage of the lack of war to build markets.

I guess I am asking permission to try the Alliance. I feel I can make it work. It does require us to remain focused on war. It does no good if after my turns we throw away the progress we have made. I am guessing the war will last at least 30 turns before Brazil is destroyed. I do also want to go for destruction so we can capture cities.

Top Bottom