LK130 - Ottomans, Monarchy, Balanced Map

LKendter

Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!!
Supporter
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/1898/LK130_BC-2650.CivWarlordsSave

4000 BC
With nearby pigs I start research on Animal Husbandry. We already have agriculture for the corn.

3910 BC
Pop a hut for a map.

3790 BC
We meet the over aggressive Shaka.

3730 BC
I snag another hut thanks to Shaka's scout needing to heal. It is worth it, as we got hunting for free. :)

3580 BC
(IT) Next up is another warrior.

3490 BC
(IT) The next research project is pottery.

3100 BC
(IT) The next tech project is mining. We need to head to bronze working.

2920 BC
(IT) Our heroic northern warrior survives a bear attack.

2890 BC
We met up with Gandhi.

2800 BC
(IT) Mining is completed, and bronze working is selected.

=======================

New Updates

Roster
LKendter
Lukep (currently playing)
Cosmichail (skip Apr 28 to May 2)
Admiral Kutzov (on deck)
GreyFox

Remember 15 peace / 10 war turns per round. STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 hours to complete.

Win target: Open, but I would like a domination win soon.

Small wonders
Heroic Epic -
Globe Theater -
Wall Street -
Oxford -
Forbidden Palace -
National Epic -
Iron Works -

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

There are no exploits that I am aware of at this time.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Worker automation is prohibited.

2) Automation of any kind is strongly discouraged until the game is known better.

3) A go to order is only allowed if you turn summary warns that it is happening and explains why. Sometimes it is just too important to make sure those reinforcements don't get sent to the wrong place.

4) Please complete your turn. At most the next player should have one unmoved unit such as a settler where you are unsure of its direction. A stack that is fortified counts as completed. The game should be sitting ready to hit end of turn with very little left to move.

5) Don't edit your game results into a got it post. There is no notification of new activity. I have had SGs stalled waiting thinking I was waiting for a person to move, when they already did.

6) The use of the auto-logger is prohibited for the body of your report. You may include it as a spoiler tag. SGs are about writing up enough information so that the team understands where you are going. The auto-logger clearly fails in this regard. Knowing the details doesn't show the big picture. SGs need the big picture.

7) SGs are about cooperative team play. If you aren't willing to discuss plans before and / or after your turn, then the LK series isn't for you.

8) Major wars shouldn't be declared without a team consensus. Clear phony wars gain diplomatic favors are ok. The phony war when you declare on an AI on another continent or a last place civ. A war of opportunity to grab one or two cities from an AI getting trashed is OK. Going after the #1 civ unplanned what I want to stop.

9) If you disagree with a dot map plan, discuss *before* playing you turn.

10) I reserve the right to refuse players whom IMHO failed to play in the spirit of cooperation. Declaring an unexpected major war is a high risk that you will go on this list. Excessive personal attacks against other players guarantee a ban from the LK series.

I realize rule 10 is a bit harsh, but I can tell too much infighting will put the LK series back on hold.

The below is our starting position.
:drool: Do I even need to explain why pink dot? :drool:
Yes, we have a wonder heaven start...

Checking in. Hopefully if Lukep plays by tomorrow daytime I can get a round in before my OOP.

Lee I like the outline of the rules. It's good to be clear on SG etiquette since I have been thrown off by automation, goto's and the usual things that aren't good etiquette.

Looking forward to the game........

lurker's comment: Marble and two nearby Stone sure looks mighty tasty! I guess thats what Balanced does to a map. Good luck with the game!

got it.

will play 15 turns this evening (12H from now).

pink dot is indeed great and will settle there, but as we dont know where copper is, i intend to build another settler (chopped) immediatly for claiming that. if we have already in our bfc, claiming the horses is imho the way to go.
a reccalled warrior could be initial guard ?

little problem with pink though is that any city claiming the flood plains will have major overlaps with capital

research path : mysticism/masonry, myst/archery if no copper ?

do we agree Memhed strengths needs fast early growth, meaning light whipping ?

but as we dont know where copper is, i intend to build another settler (chopped) immediatly for claiming that. if we have already in our bfc, claiming the horses is imho the way to go.
a reccalled warrior could be initial guard ?
Once we see the bronze, then we can plan the location for city #3. I prefer to have team input on city locations, and that is why I published the idea for pink dot.
We only have 4 warrior IIRC and that includes the guy near pink dot. We really need another warrior before that next settler...

We do throw the flood plains, but look how much desert we are stuck with if we claim them.

pink dot seems good to me.

Alternatively, luke, you could build another warrior to delay the settler just nice for copper to be revealed.

Regarding research ... why mysticism first?

--

hmm. i was following LKTender intent, and delaying the settler at that point dont really appeal me.

i agree on delaying the next one though.

regarding myst, we need it imho to pop borders quickly.

I have not yet any dotmap for horse city, so was only an idea

will play in 2-3 hours, so can still alter my plans following your input

Guessed so on Myst, so what's the hurry in settling pink dot if we required Myst to be in and a obelix to work any of the resources? (PS> Lee's image wasn't loading, so base don memory, all resources are 2 tiles away from pink dot, if my old memory wasn't too frail).

I don't really meant to say you should wait ... I am just trying give all alternatives some considerations.

--

The corn is first ring for pink dot, so that city gets a decent start. However, we do need the obelisk for the rest of the yummy resources.

My delay comment was because I got the impression we were going for a very fast settler #3. I do want settler #2 now.

Luke use the force. :lol:

I'm fine with the pink dot too great site. With marble/stone are we going for any wonders like Oracle/Pyramids? Maybe use oracle for getting code of laws.

IBT 2650 BC : checking situation, land is great, nothing to change

2590 BC : scouting reveal great location for horse city (coastal,sheep+wheat)
2560 BC : warrior kill lion, Gandhi and Shaka cities are very close
2530 BC : encounter Brennus, worker busy roading
2470 BC : a guy says we are the poorest civ in the world ( 0 in bank ;)
2440 BC : settler out, warrior in 3 turns
2410 BC : meeting isabella archer from west
2380 BC : meeting frederick scout from south. that probably means we are on a pangea
2350 BC : warrior out, settler in 13 turns, Erdine is founded on pink dot, start on worker, but should be switched to axe or spear if copper found.
I send the new warrior fog-busting on horse city site.
2290 BC : Bronze working discovered, we have some in Erdine, research mysticism, revolt to slavery
2230 BC : warrior promoted to woodsman I after killing lion
2200 BC : stopping there.

situation :
Mysticism due in 7
Settler due in 9
the west warrior ended his movement near a lion

I marked 2 spots on map, horse city is for me a definitive
However if we want #4 site, we need to hurry

Attachments

• lk130_horse_city.jpg
    lk130_horse_city.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 313
  • lk130_site4.jpg
    lk130_site4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 300
  • LK130_BC-2200.CivWarlordsSave
    104.7 KB · Views: 163
Without the resources being shown I can't comment on the proposed cities. My eyes simply can't see the resources zoomed out...

It does look like horse city will be nice. I can't tell if it also has wheat. I really need to see that to decide if I agree with horse city.

Luke use the force. :lol:

I'm fine with the pink dot too great site. With marble/stone are we going for any wonders like Oracle/Pyramids? Maybe use oracle for getting code of laws.

Oracle/Monarchy is a good move with MMII, that's for sure.

However, everybody is very close, so military strength is needed.

Shaka&Brennus are not, in my experience, good neighbours if they can feel any weakness.

Without the resources being shown I can't comment on the proposed cities. My eyes simply can't see the resources zoomed out...

It does look like horse city will be nice. I can't tell if it also has wheat. I really need to see that to decide if I agree with horse city.

sorry. need to take good habbits ;)

city 4 has fresh water, one flood plain+jumbos+sugar. problem, it is very close to shaka so may stir relations

With seeing the copper I can't believe how overpowered Erdrine is! I know where that worker being built needs to go!

I agree that horse city is our third city. I don't think city health will be our problem with the amount of health resources we will pick up. As it typically seems for me, the problem will be lack of happy resources.

I noticed will have the third settler already on the way. What is our current military situation? I don't want to over expand just to lose a city to barbarians. I hope it is more then the pathetic 4 warriors from when I passed the game on. I already stretched thinner then I like to get city #2 as I typically like 2 warriors a city until I get real military.

With seeing the copper I can't believe how overpowered Erdrine is! I know where that worker being built needs to go!

I agree that horse city is our third city. I don't think city health will be our problem with the amount of health resources we will pick up. As it typically seems for me, the problem will be lack of happy resources.

I noticed will have the third settler already on the way. What is our current military situation? I don't want to over expand just to lose a city to barbarians. I hope it is more then the pathetic 4 warriors from when I passed the game on. I already stretched thinner then I like to get city #2 as I typically like 2 warriors a city until I get real military.

built one warrior. dont like building warriors when copper is soon. Would erdine have not got the latter, i would have delayed both current builds to get 2 more guys with sticks.

the 2 explorers are nearby and easy to get back before barbs attack (after 2000BC at least, no ?). More, with neighbours so close, i dont think we will see many. I'm more worried of shaka (at least it's not monty).

If we want more scouting (we should), we can build either scouts or chariots

When cooper is hooked (first worker doing mine right now, we need only 1&2 road tiles to connect both erdine & istambul), i think erdine should build mostly axes or spears to get our military on track while istambul is free for other duties.

Cos, did you want a set before you leave? I'll wait a few hours to see if you pick up.

Have we reached a consensus on wonders? Slinging to COL?

Are we ready for another worker?

Top Bottom