1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK153 - Australia

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

1620 AD: Continued from Elephantiums turn...
    We can ship over 54 units this turn in boats and have enough units to fill all 108 spaces (54 wait until next turn). After that we will have most of our units in America and plenty of boat space for the rest of the game.
    We can get some 2k cash + 132 gpt from Persia for Steel so I do so.
    Bombard units deep in our territory to red-line them, Lose an Elite vs one of them.
    Attack on Bear Butte, the Capitol is all set up so I bombard first and then capture, losing a Cavalry.
    Cempola is also set up so I bombard and capture it with the nearby Army.
    Capture Assiniboine after Bombardment because it is easy to reach. It is in the Tundra but only 3 away from our city.
    Also in the Tundra are Kansas City, Denver, and Portland captured by Sioux with no border expansion. We can reach, Bombard, and Capture them all moving quickly through the tundra cities - a lucky break for us.
    This leaves one city in the north between these. Use a Combat Settler to bring us close enough to bombard and Capture Hidiatsa (Sioux).
    There are more American cities owned by the Sioux that we can bombard and capture: Miami, Cleveland, Baltimore, Detroit.
    Capture the Sioux City of Calyxtlahuaca.
    Capture Washington the American Capitol.
    We also cleaned out our territory of enemy units.
    %world went from 56 to 58.

After the pictures I also switched cities to temples and rushed a bunch. It is about 4 turns if I can keep up the 2% land per turn, but I used most of my Armies this turn so it may be a few more with healing.

IBT: Landing but it is Argintinian next to American town of New Orleans which we plan to capture next turn.

1625: Capture New Orleans before Argentina can.
    Replace Buffalo which I couldn't reach last turn - New Orleans was Blocking it.
    From Buffalo we can Bombard and Capture Los Angeles.
    Go after Little Bighorn next which takes 5 of our full health Armies to capture. Note that some were shipped across this turn; the rest healed. Getting this size 34 city is good however as we can get to old Aztec Cities owned by the Sioux without border expansions.
    We lose an absurd number (5) of Vet Cavalry taking out Teotihuacan's 4 red-lined infantry.
    A combat Settler and using the last healthy Army allows us to attack and capture New York
    Tlacopan, Atlanta, and Texacoco fall with a few more Vet Cav losses and uses up most of our healthy Cavalry.
    Build a Combat town and bombard and Capture San Diego gaining a leader doing so (used 3 hp elite vs a 1 hp Longbow).
    On an Island we capture Spokane (American with 2 Armies).
    After bombarding, Itazipaocola, we lose an 11 hp Army vs a 1 hp Infantry. This is pretty bad RNG for us - my cut-off for attacking 1 hp Infantry is 10 or sometimes 9 - losing an 11 is about 1/1000 - so it happens but is quite rare. This town has a lot of Argentinian troops near it so we wanted to capture now.
    Calixtlahuaca is abandoned and Town is built closer to the remaining West coast cities. Move Artillery for an attack next turn on two larger Sioux cities and cover with an Infantry Army.
    Rush many Libraries. They will need a temple too a the end of next turn for an expansion in 3.

IBT: Sioux lose a City to Argentina which means we don't get it.

1630 AD: We set up Bombardent of Hunkpapa and Oglala last turn. This turn we bombard anc capture them; also knocking Hunkpapa down to size 12 first.
    Oglala has Magellan's voyage.
    We can also now Bombard and Capture Tula and we Bombard and Destroy Sinaco or something like that.
    We use our full health Armies that healed to Capture size 17 Sarcee.
    We move a Settler closer and Disband HunkPapa to build Bigdaddy and can bombard and capture Yanktonai
    This leaves one Sioux City and one American city left in in North America (plus Argentina in Mexico but we are not yet at war).
    Four (nearly) full health Armies capture Nakota.
    Al is built so our Cav Armies can reach the American town of San Francisco.
    We capture San Francisco, but it costs us an 11 hp Army.
    Realize I forgot one city as it is on a Peninsula and not an island. We rebuild Los Angeles so we can reach it. We bombard and Capture that final city.
    Bombard and kill a Sioux Infantry not in any City.
    Several Settlers came over last turn so we continue to replace cities.

IBT: Longbow Landing

1635 AD: Argentina is up next and the only Civ other than Persia that we are not at war with. They obligingly declare war when asked to leave.
    Bombardment of the many units of Argentina. We leave one very large stack untouched.
    We get a leader on the second, sixth, and around 12th Elite win. Makes up for any bad luck before.
    Bombard and Capture Tenochtitlan, the town Argentina captured a turn ago.
    Destroyed another town after bombardment.
    Next is central America with border expansions so using Cav Armies that healed last turn.
    Capture Resistencia (size 2), then Malinalco (size 14) and destroy Xochical.
    Puerto Ayacucho is captured next followed by Maturin which blocks more troops up north. The only troops north of this is 3 on an unroaded mountain, and the one big stack with more than a screens worth of units; many being infantry. We killed their Cavalry already as these units were in our lands.
    Vitoria is our first South American town.

This is the picture. Also was able to take New Salvadore too.

This is all we can capture so I start rushing the temples needed for culture expansions this turn. There is a lot of them and we run out of cash so I trade peace, combustion, for 14k gold and 600 gpt. That allows me to finish rushing all cities with 6 culture to bump them past 10 with a lib and temple.

Don't move the rest of the units but hit enter as I think there will be a lot of expansion (we are at 63%)

Sure enough:

2. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

This should be a save from right before I hit enter. Note that some units still have movement.

To win you are going to have to watch 40 or so border expansions + completion of library or Temple.

3. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Checked and the number of turns (just before heading to the Americas) of 17 was in the middle of my optimistic 3+10=13 turns and the 20 turns I was sure we would finish in.

Kinda neat that we just made it to South America. Our presence is on all 7 continents which would usually happen only in a Conquest game.

4. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

A fine efficient finish. :thumbsup: :banana: :beer:

This game was easier than we'd hoped, since our having to ship every unit overseas didn't turn out to be much of a handicap. I suppose the trickiest technique was required when we seized our foothold on mainland Asia in Indochina, which always seems to be densely occupied by several civs, around 650 AD. But after two games as Indonesia and one as Australia, we're good at that.

5. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

Glad it is a wrap. I do find it interest how different people wrap. My next steps included a bunch of transports north of Canada to start taking out the islands.

I hope not to have another game with a marathon ship chain from the middle of the game. ;)

508 hours - LOL. I wonder how many of those hours was simply the game up and running. I know when I played the later game marathons I often got temp distractions with email coming in, Facebook updates, etc.

6. LKendter

Now it is time to start talking CCM. Are people still interested, and do we know the latest version?

7. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Congratulation!

The public version of CCM is still 1.8. This version seems to be pretty solid (only the houseboat bug is still there). I could give you a somewhat modified version of CCM 1.8 with normal build settlers with Tech Exploration and may be superworkers with tech Steel.

CCM version 2.00 is still in work. It´s a monster of a mod, but I think, it will become phantastic - on the other side it still needs time. Many settings had to be rewritten, as testing showed, that some things in the programming of C3C are working different to normal logic. :)

8. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Been a while since I played ccm so a standard 1.8 game sounds reasonable to me.

9. LKendter

LK154 - something CCM
    LKendter
    Greebley
    Need more

10. Dwarven Zerker

Dwarven Zerker Just one more turn Honey!

Congratulations! It was a fantastic read. Looking forward to the next adventure in CCM.

11. Northern Pike

Northern Pike Deity

I'm in. :rockon: But I don't think I've ever been able to load 1.8 successfully, so please put me last in the rotation to give me time to work on the problem.

12. LKendter

LK154 - something CCM
    LKendter
    Greebley
    Northern Pike
    Golden oldie back? Waiting for more PM.

I will need the link to CCM 1.8

13. LKendter

LK154 - something CCM
    LKendter
    Greebley
    Northern Pike
    Jersey Joe

Still looking for the link to CCM 1.8. I have no idea if I have the right version on this PC.

14. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Here is a link to the CCM 1.8 mod I am using: CCM-Betatest

15. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

Another CCM game sounds fun! Count me in.

16. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

A quick hi to the team.
    I am guessing that Lee's reference to a golden oldie was about me. :old: I do not remember what the number of the last LK game I played in was, but I believe it was more than 100 LK games ago. :think:

17. LKendter

LK154 - something CCM
    LKendter
    Greebley
    Northern Pike
    Jersey Joe
    Elephantium

Can somebody confirm 1.8 "beta" is the right one. I need to get this installed before I can start the game.

18. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

The complete modpack forum also points to that version and it is what I got as well.

The new game creation screen had an 'off by one' error with the text. Is that expected?
    On the previous screen there was an odd final entry that may have caused it, that might not be ccm.

19. LKendter

I know we want huge size. Keep barb free like the WM? Any other setting comments? With being the first time I've ever started CCM I want to make sure I do this right.

20. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Lurker:

Will be nice to see a ccm game.