Looking for a song.

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
It is song a believe from the 40'ies, but it keeps on kicking in my head now and again.
I need to know the group and the real title.

I have a show clip from Sailor, that did it very well. And another one that might not be great to show online, little girls dancing and prancing in almost no dresses, So I ask for the original band.

I really need the jazz the brass and the lyrics, if someone could find it, I would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Well done haroon, but not Girls, girls girls.

Very well played, but really, is this song so hard to find?

I haven't heard of it. But how did you come to first hear it? (to me it sounds rather not very interesting, but that is just personal taste) :)
Maybe it was on some old cartoon or something?

According to wiki, Girls Girls Girls was written by a member of the band Sailor, so it's not a cover:

Wiki Sailor (band) said:
Sailor are a British pop/glam rock group, best known in the 1970s for their hit singles "A Glass of Champagne" and "Girls, Girls, Girls", written by the group's lead singer and 12-string guitar player, Georg Kajanus.

It might me old mind playing tricks, but I have a brass going hard after the "girls girls singing, def hardcore brass.
I knew Sailor when I was young, but that doesn't explain that riff of trumpets and saxophones.

I believe a saw it in some black/white movie, around the Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. Must have to be a 40ies movie.

I'm just getting old and deluded. But I will find it.

Last edited:
If I knew an app that did that, I would find it for sure. But what app, there are millions haha. :)
Good point though, this is driving me crazy....sort of.

The closest I can think of. And it has the chorus:

Girls talkin' bout, I got them girls talkin' bout
I got them girls talkin' bout, I got them girls talkin' bout
I got them girls talkin' bout, I got them girls talkin' bout
I got them girls talkin' bout, I got them girls, girls, girls, girls

Or is that one too many girls? :)

Good thinking Ferocitus, but it's actually the Sailor song. It says it's their creation, but in my mind I still think is from and black/white movie, years ago.

Similar as Doris Day"s: Dream A Little Dream Of Me. It was a big song, but peeps made it 20 years earlier, so I still have faith in my search. :)

Last edited:
It might me old mind playing tricks, but I have a brass going hard after the "girls girls singing, def hardcore brass.
I knew Sailor when I was young, but that doesn't explain that riff of trumpets and saxophones.

I believe a saw it in some black/white movie, around the Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire. Must have to be a 40ies movie.

I'm just getting old and deluded. But I will find it.
You might find some information on 1940s musicals here.

I know it's not from Kiss Me Kate, Carousel, or South Pacific.

Last edited:
Thank you dear Valka, I will keep that in my search box.

Nothing is more frustrating than when you think you're right and people say it's wrong.
It's in my head, I can almost see the movie, but...it's...not...quite...there. :)

It's not a BIG thing, but just something my brain demands me to know, For some reason
my brain wants more from me, than I do myself. It's crazy.

There's an Elvis Presley movie by that title.

You're not thinking of "Thank Heaven for Little Girls," are you?

That's from Gigi, twenty odd years before Sailor.

I thought of Gigi, too. :lol:

Been a long time since I put that one on.

Pretty creepy to our contemporary sensibilities.

Gigi? Why?

Why not?

Top Bottom