LotR Series...

Looks like Civ IV is a little slow making its way into the desert wastelands of Arizona. The local gamespot should be getting eight copies in this afternoon, but seven of them have already been reserved. Delivery is also expected this afternoon at Best Buy.

I refuse to shop at Walmart.

I'm going to wait until I get off work this afternoon before I take a drive around my part of the World. I fully expect to have the game in my hands before this evening, but will hold off from signing up until then.

Now that I have the game in hand, I'll sign up please, that is if I don't get bumped by someone. (well, I have an ATI card, so maybe I need to verify it actually works :( )

Working isn't a prerequisite to sign up -- just game in hand! :)

Signed up so far (# of LotR games recorded):
Arathorn (16)
Speaker (2)
grahamiam (0)

Sign-ups will close Oct. 30th sometime. Probably about 5:00 central time.

Additional restrictions probably to be used:
- No worker automation (despite what the manual says, we need to learn to do this right)
- No governors

OK, not so restrictive, but these rules might not hold true in all games.

Arathorn

Arathorn said:
- No governors

That's going to be rough. Not that I use the governors 100% of the time, but if an SG host INSISTED that I micro everything all game long, I'd withdraw my signup. (Er... hypothetically speaking!) :)

- Sirian

EDIT: I do micro my workers, though.

ati card here, and no problems :D running this beautiful game for about 2 hrs with no problems at all.

using catalyst drivers, i think version 5.7. will give a full report to ainwood @ tech in a few minutes

A message delivered by cleft stick brings rumors of a new Civ game.

If it ever shows up on store shelves here I might even consider joining in for a game or two.

And hello everyone, btw. Been a while since I had a look round these forums :)

More old home week! Jaffa Tamarin. Good to see you. I do hope to play a game or two with you. Seems like most of the US, Canada, and good chunks of Europe have the game available, with the rest of the world looking like sometime next week being the most likely. Shouldn't have to wait too long!

Arathorn (16)
Speaker (2)
grahamiam (0)
Arizona_Steve (3)

That's enough we'll play for sure.

BTW, my first game (on regent, whatever they're calling it now -- Noble?) is going so well, I'm thinking one level up more strongly at this point. For having little to no clue about the game (haven't even read the manual yet), leading in score nearly the entire game and having had one successful war (and one successful tie), leading in tech, etc., I think it's time to move up! :)

Arathorn

I'm planning to purchase the game today after work. I fear my video card isn't going to be very cooperative, but I hope to be proven wrong. While I'm fully involved in the player-versus-player side of Guild Wars, the opportunity to explore Civ4 with my comrades from previous LotR and RB games is too good to pass-up. If the game works on my machine, you can count me in.

Arathorn said:
BTW, my first game (on regent, whatever they're calling it now -- Noble?) is going so well, I'm thinking one level up more strongly at this point.

:thumbsup:

The jump to Monarch is the most significant one, as that is the level where the AIs begin with a free worker.

Sulla and I are playing on the level above Noble, too -- and it's a variant.

You won't be long for that level, either, but it's a good choice for Civ3-Deity-capable players with zero to one games under their belt.

Hey Jaffa, Reagan! :wavey:

- Sirian

This just in: go here for a quick fix from Firaxis http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...threadid=140859 . What a great company--fixes a tough problem like this in less than 30 hours! Who's ready to have some fun?!

EDIT- Oops, cross-posted with Arathorn. It worked for my Radeon 9550 card, so I'm going to check it out now.

Arathorn (16)
Speaker (2)
grahamiam (0)
Arizona_Steve (3)
Reagan (3)

Roster of 5. Barring an entry in the next ~58 hours, this will be the team. For the one game, though, I want to encourage "old home week", though, so priority seating is still available. (Sorry for semi-offering your spot, grahamiam, but there'll hopefully be lots of opportunities.)

Arathorn

Top Bottom