[NEWCIV] Louis's Civ Request Thread

Yeah I know, I was just saying DoC was my favorite in my opinion because I am fascinated by mods that use RFC concepts because I love real History not future or science fiction that is why I don't like After World and Final Frontier, and I am amazed about all the C++ and Python work that has made DoC what it is now.
I am sure AND2, or ROM-AND, and whatever ROM mods there are totally rework the tech tree, units, buildings, wonder, screens, etc... but DoC is about the Rise and Fall of civs, ROM is about enhancing game play by adding more stuff. They are both really different.
I understand that DoC is like the grand strategy games, such as Europa Universalis, where you relive/rewrite history.
In AND and other mods like that you create an alternate history on an alternate planet, where even the continents are different.
Both are amazing :)

The only problem why I can't test it out with 200 civs is because not even CIV GOLD has 200 civs! I can only use it with as many civs CIV GOLD has. I'm guessing with the 34 original ones from BtS it probably reaches 130-150 civs so that's the mac=x number I can test it out with.
I will test it tomorrow!
You don't need 200 civs. You need 200 leaders. You can start the game with multiple copies of the same civ with different leaders.

And have to say that its not ROM-AND 100civ dll what cause these MAF´s.. also players who dont use 100civ dll nor extra civ-packs r having MAF´s

Is that with the reformatting for x64?

Heyyy Louis the Lionheart :king:

Just dropping by to say I like what you did with Romania :thumbsup: Fantastic selection of leaders. Great choice of symbol for the button and flag. And you came up with a good city list too ;) Let me know if you want to develop VDR: Romania, because you have some excellent ideas. Great job Louis :dance:

You don't need 200 civs. You need 200 leaders. You can start the game with multiple copies of the same civ with different leaders.
That may be for you but when I choose more then 34 civs with BtS the game crashes.

Heyyy Louis the Lionheart :king:

Just dropping by to say I like what you did with Romania :thumbsup: Fantastic selection of leaders. Great choice of symbol for the button and flag. And you came up with a good city list too ;) Let me know if you want to develop VDR: Romania, because you have some excellent ideas. Great job Louis :dance:
Sure, but I think Sword of Geddon already made one.

This is something what you can call good service:lol: Thanks in advance.

After Tehuelche I believe that western siberian northern parts is only empty area in world map.. so if you dont mind one more request and last so far; Samoyedic people.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samoyedic_peoples
Now that I have actually started working on this civ I have a lot of problems so I don't think I will be able to finish it ever.
First of all I have searched all over the internet and haven't found anything about any ruler of the Samoyedic's so they won't be able to have a king.
Second there is barley any information on them, even less then on Yakut, so I have no idea what their UU and UB should be.
If you find anything about a ruler please tell me, I would have used the Okhotnik as a UU for them but that's Yakuts UU already.

Now that I have actually started working on this civ I have a lot of problems so I don't think I will be able to finish it ever.
First of all I have searched all over the internet and haven't found anything about any ruler of the Samoyedic's so they won't be able to have a king.
Second there is barley any information on them, even less then on Yakut, so I have no idea what their UU and UB should be.
If you find anything about a ruler please tell me, I would have used the Okhotnik as a UU for them but that's Yakuts UU already.

Yeah I know that these civs which r more like language groups etc can be pain in the ass.. How ever I think you can make this civ.
I suggest to use same style as is used in jivaro/headhunters civ. Jus name leader Samoyedic Chief or Chief Shaman and use yakut/inuit leaderhead.
For UU i suggest to use Okhotnik art but name it for example Samoyedic trapper etc.. UB can be same kind than Yakut or maybe inuit? Capital can be Naryan-Mar

I can try to do some google research but I dont think theres is any clear choice who to use leader.. These kind of tribal indigenous peoples rarely have much written history so we have to use some artistic freedom:)

Last edited:
Is that with the reformatting for x64?
Uhm, sorry.. I dont get what is the question? My english is not so strong.. If you ask do I/players use x64 systems and still get MAF´s then yes. I have 16gb RAM but still can get MAF just opening WB.

Yeah I know that these civs which r more like language groups etc can be pain in the ass.. How ever I think you can make this civ.
I suggest to use same style as is used in jivaro/headhunters civ. Jus name leader Samoyedic Chief or Chief Shaman and use yakut/inuit leaderhead.
For UU i suggest to use Okhotnik art but name it for example Samoyedic trapper etc.. UB can be same kind than Yakut or maybe inuit?

I can try to do some google research but I dont think theres is any clear choice who to use leader.. These kind of tribal indigenous peoples rarely have much written history so we have to use some artistic freedom:)
Oh, I'm already doing Kush, I only need to add their UB and I finished.
Anyway ok I'll try to start doing the Samoyedic civ today but there is no promise it will be released today, most likely tomorrow.
So is this good enough for Samoyedic?
Leader:
-Chief Shaman; Spiritual/Protective; Favors Paganism and no religion;
Starting Techs:
-Mysticism
-Hunting
UU and UB:
-Shaman replaces Scout; Requires Mysticism; can build a Shaman monastery is consumed in the process.
-Shaman Monastery replaces Library or Monument; Requires Mysticism and Priesthood; +2:health:, +1:) with Paganism.

P.S. Tell me what should it replace, Monument or Library.

Oh, I'm already doing Kush, I only need to add their UB and I finished.
Anyway ok I'll try to start doing the Samoyedic civ today but there is no promise it will be released today, most likely tomorrow.
So is this good enough for Samoyedic?
Leader:
-Chief Shaman; Spiritual/Protective; Favors Paganism and no religion;
Starting Techs:
-Mysticism
-Hunting
UU and UB:
-Shaman replaces Scout; Requires Mysticism; can build a Shaman monastery is consumed in the process.
-Shaman Monastery replaces Library or Monument; Requires Mysticism and Priesthood; +2:health:, +1:) with Paganism.

P.S. Tell me what should it replace, Monument or Library.

Yes this sounds just fine, thank you. Make it replace monument and maybe name it shaman goahti? For leardehead art I think your exelent Yakut Tygyn is most suitable.

Btw, have you checked my Tehuelche people request? Is it as painful as this Samoyedic?:lol: if it is I can help doing research.

Yes this sounds just fine, thank you. Make it replace monument and maybe name it shaman goahti? For leardehead art I think your exelent Yakut Tygyn is most suitable.

Btw, have you checked my Tehuelche people request? Is it as painful as this Samoyedic?:lol: if it is I can help doing research.
Ok it will replace monument and will be named Shaman Goahti, good news is I have art for everything except the flag.
The Tehuelche are probably a bit easier because they are closer to a Civilization instead of an ethnicity. But it will still be harder then Yakut.
Choose which Shaman is better, 1 or 2 and choose which Monastery is better 1, 2 ,3 or 4.
Spoiler Samoyedic Shaman Art :

Units:
upload_2020-10-29_14-49-41.png

upload_2020-10-29_14-51-6.png

Buildings:
upload_2020-10-29_14-51-36.png

upload_2020-10-29_14-51-51.png
upload_2020-10-29_14-52-3.png
upload_2020-10-29_14-52-11.png

Ok it will replace monument and will be named Shaman Goahti, good news is I have art for everything except the flag.
The Tehuelche are probably a bit easier because they are closer to a Civilization instead of an ethnicity. But it will still be harder then Yakut.
Choose which Shaman is better, 1 or 2 and choose which Monastery is better 1, 2 ,3 or 4.

For shaman definetly 1 because of arctic climate and for goahti number 4 is best.

One suggestion Louis, maybe add dog or two for that shaman? same way than Yakut Othoknik have.. Samoyedic r famous about their Samoyedic dogs so add 2, it would be a nice niche:lol:

Uhm, sorry.. I dont get what is the question? My english is not so strong.. If you ask do I/players use x64 systems and still get MAF´s then yes. I have 16gb RAM but still can get MAF just opening WB.

Basically, the .exe for Civ 4, is formatted for an x86 system, which limits the application to 2 gb of memory. There was a way to reformat the application for 4 gb of memory by reformatting it for x64. So I was wondering if you had done that, because it doubles the memory.

Good news @CMSBile I only need to add civilopedia text to the Kush civ and I'm finished!
I do have a question though, when I searched on google where is Kush it told me it was an Empire in Sudan that conquered part of Egypt and lasted from 800 BC to 300 BC.
But when I searched for Kush map and went to images it showed me it was in Western Pakistan! What where you talking about, Kush from Sudan or from India?

Basically, the .exe for Civ 4, is formatted for an x86 system, which limits the application to 2 gb of memory. There was a way to reformat the application for 4 gb of memory by reformatting it for x64. So I was wondering if you had done that, because it doubles the memory.

Have to say that I dont know.. I remember years ago that there was something like that in forums. Anaway I can play C2C with biggest map size which is much much more bigger than basic huge.. I mean I can play without MAF´s anything else but not ROM-AND Even bigger mods... Also I could play RoM-AND without MAF's until about two years ago.

Have to say that I dont know.. I remember years ago that there was something like that in forums. Anaway I can play C2C with biggest map size which is much much more bigger than basic huge.. I mean I can play without MAF´s anything else but not ROM-AND Even bigger mods... Also I could play RoM-AND without MAF's until about two years ago.
If you played ROM-AND a few years ago with no crashes then just reinstall the previous version of ROM-AND. I'm sure it's still somewhere on the forum.

marhabaan
Kushan Empire
A new civ requested by @CMSBile
DOWNLOAD HERE
Leaders:
-Piye, founder of the Kush dynasty; Aggressive/Creative
-Necho, king of Sias; Spiritual/Creative
UU and UB:
-Kidarite Cavalry replaces Horse Archer; Flank against Swordsman and Spearman.
-Kush*&e (the word in the middle is taken out by the forum because it is another word for crap) Pyramid replaces Monument; 1:), 2:culture:, and increases Golden Age length by 5%!, so with 10 of these you're golden age will be increased 50%!
Credits:
- @Walter Hawkwood for the Kidarite Cavalry
- @Xyth for the Piye leaderhead
- @Methyl Orange for the Necho leaderhead

P.S. The UB is a Kush*te Pyramid. The word in the middle is made with stars * by the forum because the forum doesn't understand that I wasn't using it as a word:lol:! I also couldn't find any English to Kushan translator so I will just say hello in Arabic, the official language of Sudan.
*=i and &=t

Last edited:
marhabaan
Kushan Empire
A new civ requested by @CMSBile
DOWNLOAD HERE
Leaders:
-Piye, founder of the Kush dynasty; Aggressive/Creative
-Necho, king of Sias; Spiritual/Creative
UU and UB:
-Kidarite Cavalry replaces Horse Archer; Flank against Swordsman and Spearman.
-Kush*&e (the word in the middle is taken out by the forum because it is another word for crap) Pyramid replaces Monument; 1:), 2:culture:, and increases Golden Age length by 5%!, so with 10 of these you're golden age will be increased 50%!
Credits:
- @Walter Hawkwood for the Kidarite Cavalry
- @Xyth for the Piye leaderhead
- @Methyl Orange for the Necho leaderhead

P.S. The UB is a Kush*te Pyramid. The word in the middle is made with stars * by the forum because the forum doesn't understand that I wasn't using it as a word:lol:! I also couldn't find any English to Kushan translator so I will just say hello in Arabic, the official language of Sudan.
*=i and &=t

Looks great, I'll have to try it out tonight!

Top Bottom