[NEWCIV] Louis's Civ Request Thread

Basically, the .exe for Civ 4, is formatted for an x86 system, which limits the application to 2 gb of memory. There was a way to reformat the application for 4 gb of memory by reformatting it for x64. So I was wondering if you had done that, because it doubles the memory.

No more about MAF´s on this thread but I answer for this.. I checked this and looks like that is already done in BTS exe. People use that trick back in warlords times according these forums.

@Louis the XIV Your colour mod is great, its was needed.. with 95 civs it was hard to find different colours:lol:

I installed C2C like you suggested and it does look great till now, I'm not used to so much stuff in a mod so it is pretty over whelming to me:lol:!
Since you have played C2C for a much longer time then me @rtt4a I was wondering if you could tell me if there is one of these maps or maybe even both avaiable for C2C.
Huge Earth Map with all the civs from C2C in correct starting locations.
Earth 1000 AD for C2C.
I would create my own Earth 1000 AD map for C2C like I usually do for every mod I download but I have never played C2C before so I wont be sure what type of units there are, buildings, wonders, and techs.

I installed C2C like you suggested and it does look great till now, I'm not used to so much stuff in a mod so it is pretty over whelming to me:lol:!
Since you have played C2C for a much longer time then me @rtt4a I was wondering if you could tell me if there is one of these maps or maybe even both avaiable for C2C.
Huge Earth Map with all the civs from C2C in correct starting locations.
Earth 1000 AD for C2C.
I would create my own Earth 1000 AD map for C2C like I usually do for every mod I download but I have never played C2C before so I wont be sure what type of units there are, buildings, wonders, and techs.

Sorry but wrong mod:lol: I play RoM-AND.. but actually both r developet from original RoM so basically theres lot same but like you said C2C is over whelming..many game mechanics r same but in C2C theres 5-1+ times more buildings/unit etc..
Try RoM-AND next, theres lots of stuff but not too much..

@Louis the XIV, do you think the Kalabhra Empire would be possible?

Samoyedic People of Siberia
requested by @rtt4a
Download Here
By the way this is my first civ that has sound and a python effect!
Leader:
-Chief Shaman; Spiritual and Protective; Favors Paganism and No religion
UU and UB:
-Shaman replaces Scout; when stationed in a city that city gets 1 extra :), has 2 huskies; Requires Shaman Goahti and Mysticism
-Shaman Goahti replaces Monument; +2:health:
Credits:
@The_J for the python part
@JustATourist for the Unit and Building Art

Last edited:
I finished the Samoyedic Peoples civ.
If you didn't understand what the python effect was I'll explain it in more detail.
So if a Shaman is standing still in a city, that city gets 1 Extra Happy Citizen.
But if the Shaman leaves then so does the Happy Citizen.
Whenever the Shaman goes in a new city that city gets a happy citizen as well.

So if a Shaman is standing still in a city, that city gets 1 Extra Happy Citizen.
But if the Shaman leaves then so does the Happy Citizen.
Whenever the Shaman goes in a new city that city gets a happy citizen as well.
Any chance for the AI to understand this?

Samoyedic People of Siberia
requested by @rtt4a
Download Here
By the way this is my first civ that has sound and a python effect!
Leader:
-Chief Shaman; Spiritual and Protective; Favors Paganism and No religion
UU and UB:
-Shaman replaces Scout; when stationed in a city that city gets 1 extra :), has 2 huskies; Requires Shaman Goahti and Mysticism
-Shaman Goahti replaces Monument; +2:health:
Credits:
@The_J for the python part
@JustATourist for the Unit and Building Art

Thank you Louis, Ill DL now and test it tonight:goodjob:

Yes there is a special python code just for that.

I am curious how you did this, because the AI is entirely in the DLL and isn't even aware of python code at all in the first place.

I am curious how you did this, because the AI is entirely in the DLL and isn't even aware of python code at all in the first place.
I didn't write the code, I said in the credits that The_J wrote it.
I just saw that there was a tag for the AI to understand it. You can probably find more detail on The_J's python thread Here
Spoiler Code :

Code:
###Celebrity Promotion Part 2 AI start###
        pWinner = pUnit
        pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(pWinner.getOwner())
        if not pPlayer.isHuman():
                        iCelebPromo = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CELEBRITY')
                        if (iPromotion<>iCelebPromo):                               
                                if not pWinner.isHasPromotion(iCelebPromo):
                                        if pWinner.canAcquirePromotion(iCelebPromo):
                                            thisplot = CyMap().plot(pWinner.getX(),pWinner.getY())                                           
                                            if thisplot.isCity():
                                                thiscity = thisplot.getPlotCity ()                                               
                                                if ((thiscity.getPopulation ()>thiscity.happyLevel())and(thiscity.getOwner ()==pUnit.getOwner())):                                                                                                   
                                                    descission = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(4, "celebrity")
                                                    if ((descission==1) or (descission ==2)):
                                                        pWinner.setHasPromotion(iPromotion,False)
                                                        if pWinner.canAcquirePromotion(iCelebPromo):
                                                                pWinner.setHasPromotion(iCelebPromo,True)
                                                                thiscity.changeExtraHappiness(1)
                                                        else:
                                                                pWinner.setHasPromotion(iPromotion,True)                                                               
                                                        return

###Celebrity Promotion Part 2 AI End###
###Celebrity Promotion Part 3 Start ###
                if (iPromotion==gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_CELEBRITY')):
                    thisplot = CyMap().plot(pUnit.getX(),pUnit.getY())
                    if thisplot.isCity():
                        thiscity = thisplot.getPlotCity ()
                        if thiscity.getOwner ()==pUnit.getOwner():
                            thiscity.changeExtraHappiness(1)
###Celebrity Promotion Part 3 End

This AI tag has nothing to do with the AI understanding it. In this case it just means that the code is meant for non-human players only. The term AI is often used for non-human players in Civ4 python code.

This AI tag has nothing to do with the AI understanding it. In this case it just means that the code is meant for non-human players only. The term AI is often used for non-human players in Civ4 python code.
Oh, well then it doesn't really matter. The AI will just use the unit to explore then.
Anyway I made a similar promotion called the Healers Curse!

@rtt4a I installed RoM - AND and can't wait to try it out! Maybe we can play together some time!
To @CMSBile I'm sorry it is taking so long to do the Kalabhra empire but I took a break from modding today and yesterday I was busy. But I made some research on it today so I know what their LH, UU and UB should be.

Kalabhra Dynasty
Requested by @CMSBile
Download Here
Sound Included!
Leader:
-Kalabhran (I only found a reference of him, I wasn't able to find out more so no civilopedia for him)
UU and UB:
-Dharani replaces Trireme; 50% combat against Trireme only when attacking
-Sangam replaces Library; 1:traderoute: in the city
Credits:
-Xyth for the LH, UU, and UB art.
-Dawn of Civilization Reborn for the flag
-Dawn of Civilization for the sound

Top Bottom