Main Download Information

Well, of course you don't install it in My Games. Try in a base C:\ folder, such as C:\Games and go from there.

Ilduce, you know you can make that folder yourself when installing, right?

Aff, i used the latest patch, and when i(monty) demand tribute(iron working) to wilhelmina(which is friendly to me), as soon as she accept it, i got a CTD

Whenever I try to load the mod it gives me:

Tag: CIVIC_COMMUNIST in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml

What does this mean? How do I fix it? I want to play this mod, but because of this error I am not able to

I'm also getting this error. I installed a fresh copy of Rise of Mankind 2.91 full to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind directory. I loaded that up and started a new game and everything worked fine.

I then installed A New Dawn 1.73 and pointed it to the same directory above. After that I applied the 173J patch. It's at this point that I receive the above error if I attempt to launch the game from either a direct shortcut or by loading up regular BTS and loading the ROM mod that way.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit with BTS installed via STEAM. Liquid cooled I7 975, 12gb ram, Dual GTX 295s, and C: is a 120gb SSD. I don't think hardware is the problem unless it doesn't like the SSD.

I have also redownloaded the mod files twice and received the same errors.

I should also say that from the New Dawn Installer, I have tried both the recommended setup and the full.

Do you have another earlier version of RoM/AND in your BtS Mods folder?

JosEPh :)

Do you have another earlier version of RoM/AND in your BtS Mods folder?

JosEPh :)

Thanks, I tried that but unfortunately did not change anything. I went through and deleted them (I had been setting up backup folders at each step of the process to try and find out what went wrong when). I reinstalled again, but no joy. Same error.

Othin, the installer seems to have had difficulty overwriting one file in particular. Open your Rise of Mankind folder, and go to Assets/XML/Civilizations and open Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml with notepad or the text editor of your choice. Search the file for "CIVIC_COMMUNIST". When you find it, replace it with "CIVIC_FASCIST". Save, and re-load.

Othin, the installer seems to have had difficulty overwriting one file in particular. Open your Rise of Mankind folder, and go to Assets/XML/Civilizations and open Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml with notepad or the text editor of your choice. Search the file for "CIVIC_COMMUNIST". When you find it, replace it with "CIVIC_FASCIST". Save, and re-load.

Afforess, I looked in the Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml file but could not find CIVIC_COMMUNIST (or CIVIC_FASCIST for that matter). I did find it in CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml and tried to replace civic_communist with civic_fascist. The xml error would disappear but I would just get an immediate crash to desktop instead.

I also went into C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\My Games\beyond the sword\cache and whacked everything in there just in case it was using old cached XML, but that didn't do anything either.

I also tried a fresh install of ROM and made sure that nothing was marked read only and then installed DoM and the J patch. Still nothing.

I think the only thing keeping me trying at this point is inertia ;)

Try reinstalling Civ outside of program files. For some reason Vista/7 write protects the program files folder.

Othin, I think I've identified the problem. A patch will be out soon that should fix your problem.

There is a new quasi-patch, the "1.73 Loading Patch." It's only intended for users who are having difficulties with A New Dawn loading, or crashing before the main menu has loaded. The patch will break existing 1.73 saves!

The loading patch fixes loading behavior, so it is safe to put the Rise of Mankind folder in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, and any other Mods folder.

If your game is working fine, don't download the new patch.

@Othin, try the new loading patch and see if the game will load.

There is a new quasi-patch, the "1.73 Loading Patch." It's only intended for users who are having difficulties with A New Dawn loading, or crashing before the main menu has loaded. The patch will break existing 1.73 saves!

The loading patch fixes loading behavior, so it is safe to put the Rise of Mankind folder in the Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, and any other Mods folder.

If your game is working fine, don't download the new patch.

@Othin, try the new loading patch and see if the game will load.

Afforess. That worked perfectly. I installed to the C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS\Rise of Mankind directory, did a full DoM install, loaded patch K, and it launched fine.

Looking at the civopedia in game, I noticed that the following units all have pink icons and many of them have missing articles. I played long enough to get the trade caravan and it will crash the game out or do really strange things like leave the city info on the edges of the screen if you click on it from within.

These are the units/buildings/wonders: BBM, CSS-3, Fusion Nova, Hydrogen Bomb, IRBM, Longboat, MRBM, Minuteman III, Peace Maker, Pershing, Plague Bringer, SS-18, SS-20, Tactical Fusi, Trade Caravan, Y.A.M., Arena, Artesian Well, Coal Plant, Commercial Port, Design Studio, Healer's Hut, International Port, Nuclear Lab and Silo, Shopping District, Brewery, Labor Union, Modern Art, National Archives, National Slave Auction, National TV Station, Radio Telescope, Strategic Grain Reserve, Ark of the Covenant, Coprenicus Observatory, Himeji Samurai Castle, Petra, and World News Network

Is there a module not loading correctly?

No, it's struggling with relative art paths. I thought I had fixed that. Well, the fact that it loads is half the battle though.

RoM 2.92 will be out soon, at which point I will release 1.735, which should work perfectly with your system. Thanks for testing so far. If you're interested, I could give you access to test patches to see if they fix your problem.

Edit:

Out of curiosity, what happens if you use the Mods folder that was in the Steam files? Does it change anything?

Keep in mind that AND was made for 2.91, and I suspect that some of the new features in 2.92 are unstable.

Top Bottom