Main Download Information

Really? I changed it to look for the last install path, though, admittedly, I never tested it.

What is the error message?

It works perfect for me. It was one of those surprise features I really enjoyed. I used to hate having to browse to the right folder.

I had a crash like that about 100 turns in, but I think that's a random crash.

I figured it out I think. Try deleting the Hydro folder in the Modules folder if were not using his mods.

It was just the 1.72 save that recieved that error message. New games work fine. So i just assumed that the patches actually did break saves. Was a shame as I was really enjoying that game.

No matter new one underway and that looks like its set to be a belter also :)

Hi guys, is there any scenario that works with this modmod in his last version.?

And besides that, what ROM maps works fine with it?

Thanks, i think is a great mod.

Hi guys, is there any scenario that works with this modmod in his last version.?

And besides that, what ROM maps works fine with it?

Thanks, i think is a great mod.

All scenarios that come with RoM should work with AND. All maps that starts with ROM_ should work as well. With PerfectWorld and PerfectWorld2, expect a long loading time :).

I have tried most of them. I am playing with ROM 2.91 and AND 1.72B, only the small and tiny maps seem to work, the rest of them are loading more than half hour and then i have a CTD.

With ROM 2.9 most of them were working fine.

What do you mean with "expect a long loading time"?

Thanks for your help.

I have tried most of them. I am playing with ROM 2.91 and AND 1.72B, only the small and tiny maps seem to work, the rest of them are loading more than half hour and then i have a CTD.

With ROM 2.9 most of them were working fine.

What do you mean with "expect a long loading time"?

Thanks for your help.

:shrug: Possibly your hardware.

As for PW and PW2, they takes time to initialize stuff after you are done loading your preferred settings. Just trust me, if you want to play with PW or PW2, don't be surprised if it seems like it freezes because it isn't freezing. Just slow. Then, voila!, the map will come up :).

So its much more resource consuming AND than ROM?

Well, i will try with one of them and some time. Thanks.

Do you know a "real" scenario a bit more complex than maps with pre-placed civs for AND?

I just have to say this modmod for RoM is awesome. I just learned about AND by cruising around Civfan and I'm glad I ran into this thread. I have been playing RoM for years, and never knew about AND...head in the sand I guess.
Any way, just wanted to report I'm playing AND 1.72B w/ RoM 2.91 and no CTD's or MAF's to speak of.
Keep up the good work...who needs Civ V right...it can't get better than this? ;)

I just have to say this modmod for RoM is awesome. I just learned about AND by cruising around Civfan and I'm glad I ran into this thread. I have been playing RoM for years, and never knew about AND...head in the sand I guess.
Any way, just wanted to report I'm playing AND 1.72B w/ RoM 2.91 and no CTD's or MAF's to speak of.
Keep up the good work...who needs Civ V right...it can't get better than this? ;)
It is amazing what happens when you look around right?:D

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find the file that allows you to alter how the 'barbarian civ' component works. ie. How to delay them from populating the 'new world' etc

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find the file that allows you to alter how the 'barbarian civ' component works. ie. How to delay them from populating the 'new world' etc
Sure, go to the UserSettings folder in the RoM folder and open the Revolution ini file.

BarbarianCiv.py, in the python folder. ;)

Ah, thats why I couldn't find it.... I was avoiding the python folder :lol:

Thanks

I tried to play AND 1.72B + RoM 2.91 on a large terra map, but atfer some time had CTD every 2-3 turns. So pity..

Gives me an error message after installing.
Simply says, Error Installing.

RoM then becomes unplayable. Bunch of XML errors, and mod won't load.

???

RoM 2.91

Gives me an error message after installing.
Simply says, Error Installing.

RoM then becomes unplayable. Bunch of XML errors, and mod won't load.

???

RoM 2.91

I suspect you installed it to the wrong location. Did you read the FAQ? If you are still having issues after reading the FAQ, post in the bug reports thread with more specific details and I will do my best to help you out. ;)

Significant Changes in Content in AND 1.73

A New Dawn 1.73 is going to be significantly different in the amount of content it provides. I will no longer be supporting a great deal of components, some of which have been axed completely, others of which have been taken over by other developers. In addition, A New Dawn will no longer be a primary distrubtor of content. While it will still have tons of new buildings, civics, and other features; features will not be added by request. Content will be quality-driven instead of quantity-driven; focusing on uniqueness and strategic gameplay value, rather than being generic.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

What this means for Modders:
If I no longer distribute some or all of your work, it is not a reflection of my opinion of your work. It has been rejected because of an objective analysis. Feel free to continue to distribute your content in either this forum, or the main RoM modmod's forum. I will still take requests of new SDK features (XML tags) and provide support whenever possible.

What this means for Users:
This means a less confusing installer, shorter turn times, and a Better AI. You can be guaranteed now that A New Dawn only contains the best of the best; the most unique and strategic content. While there will be less choices, the overall quality will be the same as, if not better than previous versions. Those who want the extra content can still find it from the Developers of the content.

What this does NOT mean:
I'm not forcing you to install anything. A New Dawn will still be a choice-driven mod. You will still be able to pick and choose the features you want to play with. I've not stopped modding; rather, I've moved from Content-Driven modding to Gameplay-Driven modding. This also does not mean I won't add new content, when needed. If I find a building, or set of buildings fills a previously unknown strategic niche, I won't hesitate to add them to A New Dawn. I'm also not removing any existing game options. The new configuration panel that is in the Beta Builds will not be affected.

Instead of listing the content removed in A New Dawn 1.73, here is a list of content that WILL be in A New Dawn 1.73. Additional Content may be added, this list is incomplete.

Content Remaining:
  • Military Civics
  • Beautification
  • Castle Improvements
  • Ice Breaker
  • Ideology Civics
  • Meteorology
  • Realistic Diplomacy
  • Seafaring
  • War Prizes
  • Arctic Buildings
  • Larger Cities
  • Forestation
  • Sea Tunnels
  • Terraforming
  • Lead From Behind
  • Event Images
  • Sport Techs & Buildings
  • Civic Buildings
  • Early Buildings
  • Advanced Nukes
  • Historical Wonders
  • Formations
  • Better RoM
  • Guilds
  • Modern Corporations
  • All Interface Colors
  • Blue Marble Terrain
  • Improved Art
  • Civic Diplomacy
  • Trading Posts

Feel Free to Panic. :p

Wait hold on! Is my combo mod going to be included still? I would like it to be since self distribution means less people will use my mod. Please include my combo mod in AND even if its unchecked from the recommended content.

Welcome to my earlier modding days when the most downloads I ever reached was in the 50's on average ... you gotta bring people something intriguing and different, not just something that adds more content. I did that for a while with NAM (look back on page 18 of the main ROM forum, it was back when Cuteunit modded and Afforess didn't know C++[i know, it's unfathomable :lol:]) i had regular nukes and regular everything... (i eventually reach 200 through re-posting in the same link) only the people that demanded nuclear history downloaded it. So i put in some python entries and ANM was born with fusion nukes, chemical nukes and a mind control nuke over the months and the most downloads i had standalone was 292 downloads (v. 2.18). I'd advise you to look into that disease mod of yours, get some python in there and the fans will follow.

Top Bottom