Man Caught on Video Not Helping Fatally Shot Man

cgannon64

BOB DYLAN'S ROCKIN OUT!
Things like this disgust me. This man was caught on tape at a gas station, pumping gas. A man was fatally shot very close to him. The man briefly looked at the fatally shot man, then continued pumping gas, paid, and drove away.

The man on the ground bled to death. :(

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/02/16/gas.shooting.ap/index.html

What's happened to human nature? :(

I saw it on the news, he filled his tank and drove off.

Thats disgusting, I hope the US has the same law as we do that if you leave the scene of an accident you get shot....

(possibly not the exact wording of the law, but similar)

What a F-----. If He were shot, hed be screaming for help. This man should be charged for manslaughter. He should of atleast called 911.

There was an incident where an elderly woman slipped on a sidewalk and landed in an adjacent snowbank where she spent several hours dying in the frigid Winter temperatures while passerbyers either didn't see her or ignored her muffled pleas for help. She died of exposure.

This callous attitude towards humans in mortal danger by persons in the immediate vicinity is disturbingly puzzling. Asking someone to risk their lives for a stranger is one thing, but to freakin' call for help or lend a momentary hand?!? Maybe these victims of apathy had the misfortune of visiting a neighbourhood inhabited by psychopaths.

Either the guy pumping gas was responsible for that man's gaping gunshot wounds, or he was on some powerful drugs, or he was completely incapable of empathy. :(

sigh..
Have already involved in this?
Where is the time everyone was helping each other rebuilding after the war....sigh
:(

Originally posted by anarchywrksbest
Thats disgusting, I hope the US has the same law as we do that if you leave the scene of an accident you get shot....

(possibly not the exact wording of the law, but similar)

I don't know the law in US, but here in Brazil that behavior is predicted in penal law and called "relevant lack of action". When the consequence is death, it means a that the person who did it will be in jail from 3 to 18 months.

The circunstances described on this thread, together with the assumption that the man who did it didn't have any penal record, leads me to think that such man, in Brazil, would be put away for one year.

And as I agree that this is a disgusting behavior, I sure hope that also in US he gets what he deserves.

Regards :).

Originally posted by CurtSibling

Why should he?

It's not his problem...

But if HE had been the man lying on the ground bleeding to death then I think he would have expected a passer by to help him.

I think some guy, probably Irish, said something abut Doing onto others as you would have the do onto you.....

its not your problem untill its you laying on the ground
is it?

Some princess needs to turn on her IM...

Few USA jusridictions have laws requiring bystanders to render aid. Inddeed there is even little legal duty to report crime, and most of that has been created in my lifetime. In most jusridictions a bystanders only legal duty (a in some jusridictions not even this) in this case would have been to remain at scene and indetify hisself to the police as a witness.

Why should he?

It's not his problem...

I think there is something called basic human decency...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by anarchywrksbest
I think some guy, probably Irish, said something abut Doing onto others as you would have the do onto you.....

I think he was Jewish. ;) :lol:

I don't think there should be a law about this (remember the last Seinfeild episode?) but it should be basic in everyone's heart. They would rather let someone die than be part of a murder investigation??? What has the world come to...

And of course there are many personal rather than philishopical reason to avoid interview with police, such as outsatanding warrants.

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
And of course there are many personal rather than philishopical reason to avoid interview with police, such as outsatanding warrants.

Very true. Of course, then that person is a criminal; this would only be another link in the chain, to make a reference to A Christmas Carol. :p

Where I’m from it would have been illegal to ignore it. If you know first aid you are obligated to help victims…

Why should he?

It's not his problem...

If I saw a dying person, id attleast call 911.
What is your problem with helping dying people, CurtSibling?

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
Lefty beat me too it.

I wouldnt be surprised if the driver was wanted.

Top Bottom