Man Caught on Video Not Helping Fatally Shot Man

Originally posted by bhiita
HUMAN or ANIMAL
Human, being disposed of animal qualities, has a higher solidarity with his fellow man disregarding his mortality for the greater good. Thinking past his own life, into the future home of his children.
An Animal cares only for his own wellfare and security. Period.
Any love he may feel or show is instinct/chemical.
The reson the world is the way it is, is because evolutionarily speaking, the animal has outnumbered the human for as long as man has recorded his history. [/B]

Just want to point out that some animals DO exactly what you are talking about. Elephants help each other and might have some understanding of death. I watched a show on Discovery and a group fo elephants visited/found an elephant skeleton. They picked up the bones and stuff. It also said elephants do not do that with other animal skeletons. Plus they help each other. I visited a zoo last year and an elephant got it's foot caught while scratching against a tree. The other elephants spent several minutes helping and pulling the elephant free. I've seen other animals help each other as well (on tv anyway). Dolphins helping a weak buddy up to the surface to breathe and a wolves (or maybe wild dogs) helping a paralyzed pup. Anyway, you could conceivably say that any love humans may feel or show is instinct/chemical.

OT: Well, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said already. I would've at least told the guy at the desk, "Hey, some guy just got shot out here." I might've helped, but only if I didn't feel like I was in danger. You can't exactly say the guy was NOT in danger because he went about his business. After all, that might not be a bad idea. A guy with a gun shooting people would probably be more likely to fire at you if you started running in circles screaming than if you acted less noticable and ignored him.

The way that I understand the animal/human ratio might be better articlated, animal/spiritual. The animal being solely a product of nature/physical properties ie, product of environment.
while spiritual, would be self-manefested in an organism ;)
I've the same shows about elephants. There's something, for lack of a better word, unnatural about them. The same kinda thing I'm talking about maybe? What I've seen of canines in general, is what I'm talking about by animal. They seem to be very love and affection oriented. Because familiarly, they are social, like us.
But what happens when you put two average lovable dogs in front of enough food for four? They fight. There is enough resourses on this planet for many times our number. What have we done that it has been set before us? But by the ability to undertand this and know it, I am only an animal if I ignore or disregard it and fall off the edge, with the rest of the lemmings.

"All It Takes for Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to Do Nothing"

Exactly! That's why they are out in the streets protesting.

Step right up to spin, spin, spin!

But when did this turn into an[other] Iraq debate?

Originally posted by The Troquelet
"All It Takes for Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to Do Nothing"

Exactly! That's why they are out in the streets protesting.

Step right up to spin, spin, spin!

But when did this turn into an[other] Iraq debate?

I think it did with you, and the above :p ;)

(Of course I think you were being facetious there.) I wonder, how many threads here can be turned into Iraqi threads? (DON'T actually try to turn them into those, though, anyone, PLEASE....)

The difference Curt is that is me, whilst that picture you provide isn't you...

You are a really cool guy that Scotland is world famous for, you may bite my knees off :p

Moderator Action: Kitten of Chaos AGAIN warned for gratutitous flaming, here and elsewhere
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Originally posted by kittenOFchaos
The difference Curt is that is me, whilst that picture you provide isn't you...

You are a 5ft tall wee Jimmy that Scotland is world famous for, you may bite my knees off :p

Ho ho.
Joining MrPresident as a xenophobe then?
A pity you display none of the wit that the English are famous for.
If it were not for some other posters, I may begin to think it a myth.

For your info, I am 6 foot 5 inches, of a similar build to your immature self, and have no time for your childish macho-posturing.
As I said before, keep this lame rugby-stlye bravado for the school yard.

I am a grown man, I wouldn't hit a minor.
Now can we drop this silliness?

Originally posted by cgannon64

What's happened to human nature? :(
perhaps that is human nature now. to not get involved in anything and look out for oneself.
It reminds me of an old simpsons episode were bart was trying to skate and jump a car. he fell, all his freinds just looked at him and said.
"I think he's hurt.....bad!"
"Lets get out of here!"

Involving oneself in criminal investigations in the USA took a great nosedive after the FBI raped Richard Jewel.

Originally posted by CurtSibling

Ho ho.
Joining MrPresident as a xenophobe then?
A pity you display none of the wit that the English are famous for.
If it were not for some other posters, I may begin to think it a myth.

For your info, I am 6 foot 5 inches, of a similar build to your immature self, and have no time for your childish macho-posturing.
As I said before, keep this lame rugby-stlye bravado for the school yard.

I am a grown man, I wouldn't hit a minor.
Now can we drop this silliness?

I am half-Scottish, that is why I'm only 6ft 2 inches :p

So I'm xenophobic towards myself (born in Southern General Hospital, Glasgow) and have lived in Scotland for 12 of my near 22 years ;)

As for you not having time for my MATURE macho-posturing, you've shown no indication of that thus far :lol:

Originally posted by gael
I'm a 5ft 7inch Irish man, and i'd punch the head off all you sh*t talkin f**kers. Lets go.

HeHe, I think some of you lads spend WAY to much time b****ing at each other this forum.

Away with yer. You Irish are soft puffs!

OK, only joking before this turns into the Battle of Britian II!

I wish to state that it was my Scottish/English chum kittenOFchaos that kept this farce going,
by posting fearsome pictures of himself clearing snow in the back garden.

@kittenOFchaos, let us drop the subject and leave the field of battle in pieces...

Agreed?

Originally posted by cgannon64

Doesn't matter. This just made me remember a story my dad told me: My dad was once coming back on the subway really late, like 1 AM. There were only two other people on the car, a drunk and another man. The drunk was cursing out the other man for no apparent reason, giving threats and such. The drunk kept on talking so long that the other guy, apparently with a short temper, got up and started choking the guy. The drunk's face was turning red - if the other man didn't stop, the guy would have killed him.

My dad got up from reading, but his book in his bag, and pushed the other man to the floor. The other guy started to get up, but my dad just threw him back to the ground and held him down. At the next stop the drunk ran out to get cops while my dad held down the man.

Obviously the drunk was a loser. He could have been a drug addict for all my dad knew, or he could have been carrying a blade or a gun. Same goes for the other man. Does it matter? NO. Help people. So what if its risking your neck? Putting your life over someone elses is an awful thing to do...

Well said.
Thank your dad for me.
Say "some stranger wants to thank you, dad"

Over here in Saudi Arabia the problem is often the opposite.. Whenever an accident occurs.. especially car accidents.. I swear that within seconds you'll have over 100 people all over the scene trying to help.. of course all this does is get in the way of the professionals..

Top Bottom