[NFP] March Update Video Discussion

So, I'm about to go on a rant about what Leader idle animations Joao III might use, so bear with me now. AHEM:

• So, with all this speculation on what Portugal's Abilities will be, I've decided that I will go on a different tangent than you all and figure out what animations they have reused for Joao III. This is all just speculation, so don't look too much into it. :p
  • We all know Joao III was a man, so that eliminates any Female Leader animations being reused including Catherine de Medici, Cleopatra, Gorgo, Tomyris, Victoria, Amanitore, Gitarja, Jadwiga, Seondeok, Tamar, Wilhelmina, Dido, Eleanor of Aquitaine, and Kristina.
  • Considering that the NFP Leaders are the ones reusing old animation, that eliminates all previous Leaders of the NFP including Lady Six Sky, Simon Bolivar, Menelik II, Ambiorix, Basil II, Hammurabi, Kublai Khan, and Ba Trieu.
  • Also, we must consider that they haven't reused a single Leaders' animations twice, so that eliminates Amanitore, Pedro II, Cyrus, Shaka, Genghis Khan, Suleiman, and Jayavarman VII.
  • We must also look at this picture here: View attachment 590120. Look at the angle of his head as well as the emotion on his face. It looks like either a Joao III you've just declared Friendship with, or is just neutral. His head is also turned somewhat his right, and his body, if you squint enough, looks like it leans back to the left a little. We will come back to this argument a little later.
  • We can safely eliminate Alexander because his animations require a helmet, which I am certain Joao III didn't use. Poundmaker and Matthias Corvinus are the same deal, considering those both require a smoking pipe and small dagger each.
  • To expand on this argument, Pericles requires a satchel, Robert the Bruce requires kicking a stool, and Harald Hadrada also requires a helmet.
  • Qin Shi Huang is too short, IMHO, for them to be able to reuse his animations for Joao III. Montezuma's animations just seem a bit... too menacing for Joao III.
  • We all know why they won't reuse Kupe's animations. :shifty:
  • Back to the character design of Joao III. There are only two Leaders I can think of that have somewhat that same face: Peter of Russia and Philip II of Spain. I've also seen that face being made by Philip II when he is friends with you, albeit, more joyous than this picture shows. However, we must also consider the fact that Ba Trieu has basically reused no animations from previous Leaders, so there is a possibility.
  • So, in conclusion, IMHO, there is a 33% chance of the animations being Peter the Great's, 33% chance of them being Philip II's, and 33% chance of it being new animations.

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk, ladies and gentlemen. :D

Remember: This is only speculation, do not take it as fact.

Last edited:
So, I'm about to go on a rant about what Leader animation Joao III might use, so bear with me now. AHEM:

• So, with all this speculation on what Portugal's Abilities will be, I've decided that I will go on a different tangent than you all and figure out what animations they have reused for Joao III. This is all just speculation, so don't look too much into it. :p
  • We all know Joao III was a man, so that eliminates any Female Leader animations being reused including Catherine de Medici, Cleopatra, Gorgo, Tomyris, Victoria, Amanitore, Gitarja, Jadwiga, Seondeok, Tamar, Wilhelmina, Dido, Eleanor of Aquitaine, and Kristina.
  • Considering that the NFP Leaders are the ones reusing old animation, that eliminates all previous Leaders of the NFP including Lady Six Sky, Simon Bolivar, Menelik II, Ambiorix, Basil II, Hammurabi, Kublai Khan, and Ba Trieu.
  • Also, we must consider that they haven't reused a single Leaders' animations twice, so that eliminates Amanitore, Pedro II, Cyrus, Shaka, Genghis Khan, Suleiman, and Jayavarman VII.
  • We must also look at this picture here: View attachment 590120. Look at the angle of his head as well as the emotion on his face. It looks like either a Joao III you've just declared Friendship with, or is just neutral. His head is also turned somewhat his right, and his body, if you squint enough, looks like it leans back to the left a little. We will come back to this argument a little later.
  • We can safely eliminate Alexander because his animations require a helmet, which I am certain Joao III didn't use. Poundmaker and Matthias Corvinus are the same deal, considering those both require a smoking pipe and small dagger each.
  • To expand on this argument, Pericles requires a satchel, Robert the Bruce requires kicking a stool, and Harald Hadrada also requires a helmet.
  • Qin Shi Huang is too short, IMHO, for them to be able to reuse his animations for Joao III. Montezuma's animations just seem a bit... too menacing for Joao III.
  • We all know why they won't reuse Kupe's animations. :shifty:
  • Back to the character design of Joao III. There are only two Leaders I can think of that have somewhat that same face: Peter of Russia and Philip II of Spain. I've also seen that face being made by Philip II when he is friends with you, albeit, more joyous than this picture shows. However, we must also consider the fact that Ba Trieu has basically reused no animations from previous Leaders, so there is a possibility.
  • So, in conclusion, IMHO, there is a 33% chance of the animations being Peter the Great's, 33% chance of them being Philip II's, and 33% chance of it being new animations.

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk, ladies and gentlemen. :D

Remember: This is only speculation, do not take it as fact.

I'm thinking new animations, but I want Alexander's animations with João's hat used in place of the helmet.

I'm thinking new animations, but I want Alexander's animations with João's hat used in place of the helmet.
That sounds like a good idea. :D Although, I don't know how they would reanimate that.

So, I'm about to go on a rant about what Leader animation Joao III might use, so bear with me now.
I couldn't care less, as the only time I will see his leader animation is in the first look video :mischief:

Ain't nobody got time to enable leader animations.

I couldn't care less, as the only time I will see his leader animation is in the first look video :mischief:

Ain't nobody got time to enable leader animations.
True, just wanted to let out a little steam in a rant.

Edit: I have time for Leader animations... :p

Last edited:
So I heard a confimation we're getting a full Pirate civ. When do you think it will come out?

Using this as the music...

Pirates_-_Rickie_Lee_Jones.jpg

Yes, miraculously! (Emperor mode, standard or large, i forget)
I think that's a difficulty level and not a Mode. :lol: Besides that, congratulations on doing the near impossible. :goodjob:

Yes, miraculously! (Emperor mode, standard or large, i forget)
How did it feel? I remember back when Stonehenge was impossible and managed to build it as Brazil. I spent like ten minutes rewatching the video just to bask in my accomplishment.

Portugal Reveal Video is out!

For pirate leaders, how about Aristotle Tottle? Described as a feeble timid pirate, but what a name!

Captain Barbossa leads the Pirates of the Caribbean in Civilization 6
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories, Mrs. Turner... you're in one!

Top Bottom