Voting (11):
pzelda (4) - Timsup2nothin, RRRaskolnikov, JohannaK, LordArgon
Choxorn (3) - Snerk, Visorslash, Zack
Visorslash (1) - Manasi
LordArgon (1) - Synsensa
Yakostovian (1) - Csargo
Zack (1) - pzelda

Not voting (5): Choxorn, Newyn, Montmorency, Takhisis, Yakostovian

Day Two will end in approximately 25 hours, on Wednesday at 8:30 PM EST.

Noooooooo! Not Dolbster! I have failed you my golden fallen friend. Do not worry Dolbster, I will find the scum who did this to you and cut your dream short.
Jeez all these votes for me just cause I was sleeping for a while. Also I have no reads because nobody has been suspicious, at least to me. The only people who I would suspect are the people who started the bandwagon on me for not saying things day one. I find that all day one reads are pointless speculation and give zero information. The only thing that does give info day one is who is defending who, either through trying to tie up the vote or late votes on someone. Now that I have some information, I still can only guess at some possible mafs with very little centainty.
maybe i haven’t been giving this guy enough attention

did choxorn not vote?

getting cold feet about this now

Honestly don't have a ton of confidence in my case right now and looks like others are more confident, pzelda's inconsistency is shady but I've also seen plenty of townies be inconsistent for no good reason early on in the game

Some thoughts after reading about 200 posts in maybe 10 minutes: Tim keeps pressing people - townie.
Newyn mechanically confirmed town by Csargo. Not.
Manasi dispelled suspicions and then disappeared. Job well done.
LordArgon, I agree with Tim. Be productive. Or else I will not change my position from vote: Argon.
choxie-schmoxie, can you keep this up? You're suddenly reading the thread. That's good.

Various people have been townreading me, which is troubling.
This is important. I would bet one coin that someone - maybe mafia, maybe not - peeked Princess Peach.

Wario?
An interesting lead, but let us remember the commandment not to metagame in vain. What do you have?
The vote tally is full of votes that look like obvious "vote here until something better comes along" so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
Actually, the places where mafia park their votes before homing in on their target can also be noticed.
Yeah, I considered that, hence my initial reluctance, but I think it's a significant enough difference to vote Logic at this point.
Care to expand?
I boot up Civ 5 for the first time in probably years and this is how you all repay me
not being civ 3 might make takh vote you too
Don't tempt me.
Rakkoon has become a reserve.
Honestly don't have a ton of confidence in my case right now and looks like others are more confident, pzelda's inconsistency is shady but I've also seen plenty of townies be inconsistent for no good reason early on in the game
You can always vote for pzelda and cite a Tim-acceptable reason: saving your sorry melon-headed arse.

btw Tim how likely do you think you are to be murdered by a crazy cookie addict?
dispelled
With a WIFOM on posts #1041-42 no less.

Let it be known I neither feel strongly enough about anyone, nor trust anyone, enough to tunnel anyone.

Vote: Visor

Unofficial Tally (EOD ~ far away)

pzelda (3) - Rask, Johanna, Argon
Choxorn (3) - Snerk, Visor, Zack
LordArgon (3) - Synsensa, Tim, Tak
Zack (2) - Zelda, Newyn
Visor (2) - Manasi, Monty
Yakostovian (1) - Csargo

No Vote: Choxorn, Yako

This wagon formation always results in Town Victory.

I am missing a connection here...
Having been part of the real life cold war mafia...errrrr, submarine service...I would like to be a nuclear weapon rather than any particular country.
^

oh you can ISO

at the top of the screen under your username there is a search bar

you can search teh thread for posts by specific members

The latest 200, like the Org. Sucks.

Posting and content wise, Tims and Monty are my top town at this point, they're pretty consistent with what I remember from the last few games I've played with both. Tims maybe slightly more aggressive/active than I remember.

On one hand, town-Csargo should be suspicious of me. On the other hand, this is our third game in a few months and I've been town in each so the process is plausible.

Less confident about you, because I can't even remember the last game we've played together outside of the Cold War one, which you know how that played out. I'd lean town for you at this point though, because this seems kinda similar to what I skimmed from that game. I know you're skilled so I'm wary to a degree. I'd probably put Tak at about this level as well, seems pretty carefree with decent enough analysis.

Representative Democracy and Swords & Sorcery. It's been 3 years since I played with Visor, wow.

I visited Tim last night and now I'm slightly less inclined to believe he is evil.

Tell us more my boi.

Tim, mafia either kill someone they have a PR read on or someone they don't think they can lynch. The fact that their reads are right or wrong rarely figure into things unless that person is hard pushing someone correctly and unlikely to change their mind which is rarely something that happens on day 1.

I have a caveat to this. From my experience there have been many instances in which town was going hard after a scum and were subsequently NKed for it. Now, was it because of their pushes or for a combination of reasons? I could believe the latter in most cases, but Mafia definitely do sometimes kill people based primarily on their reads and pushes. I've done it myself a few times. The question is, how often does analyzing the reads lists of dead townies lead anywhere? I know this type of analysis rarely drives a wagon. I genuinely don't know statistically how effective it might be because it's a matter for retroactive study.

If I didn't think Dolbster was a neutral I could have gotten some great info last night, but I guess I will be bandwagoned into a lynch by Tim.

Is this a watcher claim?

Cuz Snerk did something to Tim at night, and someone stole two coins from Tim and Snerk gained two. But Jo is a stealer who gets two coins if their target is targeted by other players, so it's possible Jo stole from Tim, Snerk visited Tim, and someone else did something to Snerk awarding coins. And Zack was awarded two coins as well. And Tim claims coin-disbursing power, implying he awarded Rask? Let's have a mass claim record of revealed NAs.

[FWIW my ability is far more powerful and dignified than mere muggery]

[Give me money]

I thought that too, once. Then I was the D1 lynch, Zack was shot N1 by the vig, and scum-buddy GH was lynched D2.

I think Zack was vigged N2. And Manasi mislynched D3.

The mood of realizing that three power townies are tunneling Logic, whose three teammates are all hard-defending him because he's a PR.

It took Miracle Monty to save the day, and the game.

That's awful kind of you. The team didn't have time to shine, in the equivalent of a D-Day landing craft opening into the center of an MG bunker's arc. I like to think of it as defeating Pizza in single combat after so many years, but the truth lies in between.

tbh I'm not feeling any of these reads walls today. Csargo's has been most pleasing.

Mostly this looks nothing like the Logic from the recent Org game. Far more inane banter, less solvy, less serious, etc.

You're both more subdued. Then again, how was Logic's D1 in Cold War?

I remember when I did the meta deep dive of csargo in the org game, his turn games tended towards hedgy and non-committal while wolf games were the opposite, more decisive and (comparatively) aggressive. Think he's town here

This sounds right in principle, but then again he was more decisive and aggressive in Visor's latest game than he is here. Right? Although today he's been approaching the Org game. But I think we can agree not to lynch here for some time.

Snerk said:
Given how much the D1 wagons became a thing last game it would give the mafiosi some incentive to stay off wagons this D1 around. Chox, LordArgon, Jo and Yako were the non-wagoneers.
Yeah, at least o e wolf in this.

:sad:

But I want to avoid the bias of dooming someone after seeing them scum twice in a row.

Why so inconsistent, pzelda?

Strong "hmmm."

can't use montepasta because it's d2 :(

I hope it's not conceited to ask if that has something to do with me.

mafia!ras is either sheeping town!visor or gullible town!ras is sheeping mafia!visor

idt they're both mafia after this buffoonery

Well, Visor and Rask were both voting Manasi, now they immediately switched to voting Zack once Zelda started the wagon.

Definitely a shady wagon.

And then they both, almost in synchrony, switched onto different LHF wagons. I could see this as a Visor-Rask scum gambit of some nature.

And suddenly Zelda wagon booms. I should do something about this.

well, I only own 4 on disc and my comp doesn't have a disc drive.

They're like $20.

An interesting lead, but let us remember the commandment not to metagame in vain. What do you have?

Nothing.

Actually, the places where mafia park their votes before homing in on their target can also be noticed.

Like what Visor and Rask did to Zack?

melon-headed arse.

Melon-arsed head.

after reading about 200 posts in maybe 10 minutes

:twitch:

(forgot this)
What case would this be?

On one hand, town-Csargo should be suspicious of me. On the other hand, this is our third game in a few months and I've been town in each so the process is plausible.

It's mostly that, you've been consistent across those couple of games, and to me the style and content are the same as far as I can tell in this one.

You're both more subdued. Then again, how was Logic's D1 in Cold War?

I skimmed your game tbh, except for after I joined, so I don't remember Logic's D1 at all. You think my judgment is off? What is your current opinion of Logic/Yako?

Oookay.
Montmorency said:
Like what Visor and Rask did to Zack?
Are you talking about this game, or about the other one you were quoting earlier?
Montmorency said:
Melon-arsed head.
Tomato, potato.
Montmorency said:
Yes, I need some time away from this thread which will merge into RL away because I am already nearing 1 a.m. and I have to do this ‘work’ thing that RL keeps insisting on.
Zelda, it's in his last few posts.
pzelda voting Zack with Newyn.
Choxorn accuses pzelda.
Zack and Visor vote choxorn.

Something feels wrong here.
You'd have to iso me, because I've posted all of my reasoning for voting Logic/Yako at this point, and don't have anything else to expand on really.
One re-read from page #49, enqueued for whenever I finish streaming anime.

@Montmorency

Yes, cold war submariner, US side. Don't know what i said that cast doubt on that.
btw Tim how likely do you think you are to be murdered by a crazy cookie addict?

By a crazy cookie addict? Not terribly. In general? I wouldn't be surprised and will continue to spend night phases making sure that anything I have to say is said just in case I wake up dead.

I was referring to a post in which you said that the ninja-like Snerk was likely to kill you at night.

I was referring to a post in which you said that the ninja-like Snerk was likely to kill you at night.

I know. I'm not seeing Snerk as particularly ninja-like at this point. More of a disgruntled townie sort made grumpier by me plinking at him. At least for now.
This wagon formation always results in Town Victory.

Unofficial Tally (EOD ~ far away)

pzelda (3) - Rask, Johanna, Argon
Choxorn (3) - Snerk, Visor, Zack
LordArgon (3) - Synsensa, Tim, Tak
Zack (2) - Zelda, Newyn
Visor (2) - Manasi, Monty
Yakostovian (1) - Csargo

No Vote: Choxorn, Yako

While I think that might have been said in jest, I am actually thinking that that wagon formation, at this point in the day, is promising.

Top Bottom