1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mario Mafia [MAFIA VICTORY]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by topsecret, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

tempted to change my vote to see if you post another tally

Yakostovian and RRRaskolnikov like this.
  2. RRRaskolnikov

RRRaskolnikov Goldfish

@LordArgon: Why did you vote for Takhisis on D1? (the uncounted vote)

3. topsecret

topsecret Believer

Official Tally

Voting (11):
    pzelda (4) - Timsup2nothin, RRRaskolnikov, JohannaK, LordArgon
    Choxorn (3) - Snerk, Visorslash, Zack
    Visorslash (1) - Manasi
    LordArgon (1) - Synsensa
    Yakostovian (1) - Csargo
    Zack (1) - pzelda

Not voting (5): Choxorn, Newyn, Montmorency, Takhisis, Yakostovian

Day Two will end in approximately 25 hours, on Wednesday at 8:30 PM EST.

Yakostovian and Synsensa like this.
  4. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

maybe i haven’t been giving this guy enough attention

5. Newyn

Newyn Prince

Vote: Zack
    Something feels off about him.

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

Vote: LordArgon

7. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

I have mentioned being sick, tired, and busy about twenty times, but in case you missed it: I've been sick, tired, and busy.

Now I'm mostly just tired, to be fair.

8. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

Honestly don't have a ton of confidence in my case right now and looks like others are more confident, pzelda's inconsistency is shady but I've also seen plenty of townies be inconsistent for no good reason early on in the game

9. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Some thoughts after reading about 200 posts in maybe 10 minutes: Tim keeps pressing people - townie.
    Newyn mechanically confirmed town by Csargo. Not.
    Manasi dispelled suspicions and then disappeared. Job well done.
    LordArgon, I agree with Tim. Be productive. Or else I will not change my position from vote: Argon.
    choxie-schmoxie, can you keep this up? You're suddenly reading the thread. That's good.

Various people have been townreading me, which is troubling.
    An interesting lead, but let us remember the commandment not to metagame in vain. What do you have?
    Actually, the places where mafia park their votes before homing in on their target can also be noticed.
    Care to expand?
    Don't tempt me.

You can always vote for pzelda and cite a Tim-acceptable reason: saving your sorry melon-headed arse.

10. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

btw Tim how likely do you think you are to be murdered by a crazy cookie addict?
    With a WIFOM on posts #1041-42 no less.

11. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Let it be known I neither feel strongly enough about anyone, nor trust anyone, enough to tunnel anyone.

Vote: Visor

Unofficial Tally (EOD ~ far away)

pzelda (3) - Rask, Johanna, Argon
    Choxorn (3) - Snerk, Visor, Zack
    LordArgon (3) - Synsensa, Tim, Tak
    Zack (2) - Zelda, Newyn
    Visor (2) - Manasi, Monty
    Yakostovian (1) - Csargo

No Vote: Choxorn, Yako

This wagon formation always results in Town Victory.

^

The latest 200, like the Org. Sucks.

On one hand, town-Csargo should be suspicious of me. On the other hand, this is our third game in a few months and I've been town in each so the process is plausible.

Less confident about you, because I can't even remember the last game we've played together outside of the Cold War one, which you know how that played out. I'd lean town for you at this point though, because this seems kinda similar to what I skimmed from that game. I know you're skilled so I'm wary to a degree. I'd probably put Tak at about this level as well, seems pretty carefree with decent enough analysis.

Representative Democracy and Swords & Sorcery. It's been 3 years since I played with Visor, wow.

Tell us more my boi.

I have a caveat to this. From my experience there have been many instances in which town was going hard after a scum and were subsequently NKed for it. Now, was it because of their pushes or for a combination of reasons? I could believe the latter in most cases, but Mafia definitely do sometimes kill people based primarily on their reads and pushes. I've done it myself a few times. The question is, how often does analyzing the reads lists of dead townies lead anywhere? I know this type of analysis rarely drives a wagon. I genuinely don't know statistically how effective it might be because it's a matter for retroactive study.

Is this a watcher claim?

Cuz Snerk did something to Tim at night, and someone stole two coins from Tim and Snerk gained two. But Jo is a stealer who gets two coins if their target is targeted by other players, so it's possible Jo stole from Tim, Snerk visited Tim, and someone else did something to Snerk awarding coins. And Zack was awarded two coins as well. And Tim claims coin-disbursing power, implying he awarded Rask? Let's have a mass claim record of revealed NAs.

[FWIW my ability is far more powerful and dignified than mere muggery]

[Give me money]

12. Montmorency

Montmorency King

I think Zack was vigged N2. And Manasi mislynched D3.

The mood of realizing that three power townies are tunneling Logic, whose three teammates are all hard-defending him because he's a PR.

That's awful kind of you. The team didn't have time to shine, in the equivalent of a D-Day landing craft opening into the center of an MG bunker's arc. I like to think of it as defeating Pizza in single combat after so many years, but the truth lies in between.

tbh I'm not feeling any of these reads walls today. Csargo's has been most pleasing.

You're both more subdued. Then again, how was Logic's D1 in Cold War?

This sounds right in principle, but then again he was more decisive and aggressive in Visor's latest game than he is here. Right? Although today he's been approaching the Org game. But I think we can agree not to lynch here for some time.

:sad:

But I want to avoid the bias of dooming someone after seeing them scum twice in a row.

Strong "hmmm."

I hope it's not conceited to ask if that has something to do with me.

Well, Visor and Rask were both voting Manasi, now they immediately switched to voting Zack once Zelda started the wagon.

Definitely a shady wagon.

And then they both, almost in synchrony, switched onto different LHF wagons. I could see this as a Visor-Rask scum gambit of some nature.

And suddenly Zelda wagon booms. I should do something about this.

They're like $20.

Nothing.

Like what Visor and Rask did to Zack?

Melon-arsed head.

:twitch:

13. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

(forgot this)
    What case would this be?

14. Montmorency

Montmorency King

Zelda, it's in his last few posts.

15. Csargo

Csargo Emperor

You'd have to iso me, because I've posted all of my reasoning for voting Logic/Yako at this point, and don't have anything else to expand on really.

16. Csargo

Csargo Emperor

It's mostly that, you've been consistent across those couple of games, and to me the style and content are the same as far as I can tell in this one.

I skimmed your game tbh, except for after I joined, so I don't remember Logic's D1 at all. You think my judgment is off? What is your current opinion of Logic/Yako?

17. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

Oookay.
    Are you talking about this game, or about the other one you were quoting earlier?
    Tomato, potato.
    Yes, I need some time away from this thread which will merge into RL away because I am already nearing 1 a.m. and I have to do this ‘work’ thing that RL keeps insisting on.
    pzelda voting Zack with Newyn.
    Choxorn accuses pzelda.
    Zack and Visor vote choxorn.

Something feels wrong here.
    One re-read from page #49, enqueued for whenever I finish streaming anime.

18. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

@Montmorency

Yes, cold war submariner, US side. Don't know what i said that cast doubt on that.
    By a crazy cookie addict? Not terribly. In general? I wouldn't be surprised and will continue to spend night phases making sure that anything I have to say is said just in case I wake up dead.

19. Takhisis

Takhisis Free Hong Kong

I was referring to a post in which you said that the ninja-like Snerk was likely to kill you at night.

20. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

I know. I'm not seeing Snerk as particularly ninja-like at this point. More of a disgruntled townie sort made grumpier by me plinking at him. At least for now.
    While I think that might have been said in jest, I am actually thinking that that wagon formation, at this point in the day, is promising.